• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Winner of DV2006. Adjustment of status (F1 visa)

hmz

What forms do I have to send for AOS. I decided to file this month and screw the lawer. I have the medical exams, passport photos, but I'm not sure about forms. I'm a F1 student in Detroit, what addres should I send my file. Do I need an prove of support since I'm a student? I'm doing OPT now but I don't work. Used to in campus at library.

thank you borya and hmz for repyling

Hello everyone,
Today I got another letter from my local USCIS about my fingerprint which is on March 7t. But I have already got another letter from Missouri for my biometrics which is on the 23rd of this month. Isn't this biometrics and the fingerprint same thing??? Because when I got the receipt about $395 it said like next step is to have my biometrics taken. But now I have two different dates and dont know which one is correct.

TO 'HMZ'
I think you had the similar situation like me what did you do? But in case first letter came from Missouri and second one came from my local office. What I am thinking I guess the local office is too busy may be that's why they rescheduled my date. WHat do u think??

Any comment will be helpful.
Thank you guys

Onur

alincosma,

It depends from the state where to file, read here:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-485.htm

My packet looked exactly like this. All copies.

Concradulation Letter from KCC
Acknowledgent from KCC
Diversity Visa fee - $375
I-485 with 2 pictures and $395 Fee.
I-765 with 2 pictures and $180 Fee.
G-325A 4 pages.
I-693 - Sealed
Birth Certificate.
High School Diploma
Bank statements
Police certificate from native country
I-20 Form from school
New passport stamped pages
Old passport stamped pages and Visa
New I-94
Old I-94

Of course, u do not need police certificate from ur country, but i attached it.. And ur situation is pretty much the same as mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
canonurum,

basically, u take Biometrics and FP at the same time. For my case, after the interview my local office issued letter that i need to submit Biometrics (index finger, signature and photo) One day after the first notice i received another letter from Missouri. It's exactly the same, but i ignored the 2nd letter because my Biometrics was already done. I think, u can do the same, just go on 23rd. You can ignore the second notice. Local office and ASC (Application Support Center) has nothing to do with USCIS.

reply to HMZ

hello hmz,
I just talked with the USCIS representative on the phone and he told me to go to first biometrics appointment with all the notices that I have got and maybe i will not need to go again for fingerprint on the 7th of March. I guess it is all good for now.
U know what guys think about if we ask all these questions to a lawyer ooo my god how much money would we spend?? heuheuehue :))
Thank u again hmz for the reply:)

I have another question. My viza expired on Jan 01 2006 but I have new I-20 from school , I'm doing OPT I also have Employement Authorization Card . On form I -485 they ask me about my status. What shoul I put down.

alincosma,

you should put student visa (F1). In the box where it says expired put: D/S (means Duration of Status). i765 its optional. You already got EAD, su u do not need it.

My wife is the DV winner and she has a F2 visa but not a EAC should we file form I-765 for her? How many copies of form G 325 A shoul we mail.
And yes about the fees, is 395 for each cashiers check made payable to DHS. What address we sent the check at?
Thank you very much again

alincosma,

if u don't have a space, attach a separate sheet of paper. Like i said before, i765 its optional, she can file if she wants.. There 4 pages of G325A and u must send all 4. You must attach $395 fee along with i485 form. Your wife has to do the same. I suggest u to read i485 instructions.

I did read the instructions, but something contradicts. So I should mail the checks with the rest of the papers or you mail the checks else where and just submit the receit with the papers. And what exactly from the papers that you receive from KCC the very first time you sent , the barcode one?
I appreciated very much your help. Thanks again

alincosma,

You must send checks/money orders only with forms. You don't need to attach the barcode sheet, u need to attach congratulation letter. There is a letter that it says u r the winner, case number, country, etc..

hi again
I checked again the list of things that you sent, how many checks did you sent, one for $375 for DV fee and another $395 for I 485 fee? And both with the other documents?

alincosma,

Careful with fees. Diversity Visa fee ($375) must be paid before u file. It must be paid separately. In ur wife's notification letter there r instruction where to send, etc. After u paid, u get a receipt, make a copy and attach to ur i485. Keep original. Maybe u did that, i don't know. Your lawyer should mention it.

THANK you very much again
I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right. My lawer I think only wants to get paid because he didn't say anything about it. I saw the page where it says about submitting the fee, but I didn't send it. How long untill you receive the receipt? Can I write my case number on the check that I send or on a piece of paper. It says on the letter that you can present the receipt when you go to the interview.

alincosma,

it takes about a week to get a stamped receipt. I used money orders and wrote my case number on it. I think, u can write on check, but i am not sure. I suggest u to use money orders. Don't forget that u need 2 envelopes for that. One big envelope and a small one with stamp (put small one i a big one). They will use it to return u back the receipts. Also, don't forget that u need to pay $375 for each person, i think it says in the instructions.

Translations

To Borya, hmz or anyone who knows:

How do I send the translations? notarized? Do I have to provide any documentation regarding the translator?
I just have our birth sertificates translated with the stamp from the company who did it. Is it enough?

Thanks very much

hi All !
today i got forth notice with official congratulations letter from the Department of Homeland Security :)

to hmz: my status does not change, it will come soon ..... or they simply forgot, to tell you the truth i would not care about it, but since i am very tidy i would make sure that everything set it up...

to zaryun:
the translations should be notarized, it is enough what you did. you need also to translate diploma ot orther thing which will prove your education background.

To alincosma,

in the other thread it says that for EU cut of # is 11,225, so now you can submit your documents without any problems, because your number is lower that the cut off one.