• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Winner of DV2006. Adjustment of status (F1 visa)

Basically u needed to submit DSP-122 form to KCC. And then u get a notice that KCC transfer ur case to USCIS.

Thats strange, because in the Notification letter says that if you are already leagally staying in the US, you need to contact your local USCIS, and not the KCC. A friend of mine has done this before and didn't actually sent anything to KCC, and is a green card holder now. Even my lawyer didn't say anything about it. IS it required to sent them, or you can if you want to?

Last edited by a moderator:
hi all !

to hmz:
1. i am from Moscow (Russia), but i was born in Tashkent (Uzbekistan) that is why i could play in green card lottery :) what about you ?

2. i a little bit confused: you got your apporval lettr from USCIS, why you need to do all staff that you mentioned before, i mean finger index and so on... i guess before interview, you already had biometrix ..... probably they messed up somthing, it is better to clarify situation, i found the way to talk with USCIS via phone: you can call them just by usinf regular pnone number, somewhere in auto teller speach will the option to press some number in the case if there is error with your case, one you got somebody, just explain the situation, they might help .... i hope so ...

to canonurum:

1. thank you :) i can say only one think: i was dressed up, but that is acctually not nessasary to do ....
2. they did not ask me about my future plans, i guess it is depend what current status you have, in my case i am PhD student, so the reallyty quite obvious for them that i am going to finish my univirsity anyway ....

to winner2006:
you should file only DSP-122 form if you doing AOS to Kentuky. The local USCIS should know that your case finished from the side of KCC. All the people i know who did AOS(F1) did the same .... I cannot pointed out on the document to prove that, but i think they are right. Moreover, if you would kall to KCC they will tell you the same as i said, i caled them in 2005 before sending DSP-122 just to make sure that i know what i am doing ....

Hi borya,

I am from Lithuania. Maybe they messed up with letters. I think my immigration officer wanted to be nice and sent that letter to me :) I found out on this forum that is very common to receive notice for Biometrics after ur case was approved. Read this:

* Nowadays, when I-485 is approved, in most cases the plastic green card is delivered to the new permanent resident in the mail from one week to two weeks. Sometimes, the plastic card is delivered to the new permanent resident in from four to five days, almost simulataneously with the approval notice. However, some people do not receive such plastic cards for a prolonged period of time.

* One can learn from the approval notice where his/her case falls. If he/she receives in the mail "Welcome" approval notice, it is an indication that the plastic card will be delivered in the next few days. On the contrary, it he/she receives the approval notice without the "Welcome" language and there is an instruction to schedule fingerprint and biometric collection, it means that the plastic card will not be produced and delivered until the fingerprinting and biometric collection are completed.

* Why this happens? According to the USCIS, if the I-485 applicant has already completed both fingerprinting and biometrics collection at the ASC at the time I-485 is approved, the card is digitally produced and mailed out instantly upon the approval of the I-1485 and he/she thus receives a message in the approval notice that he/she is "welcome" to the USA and will receive the plastic card (I-551) shortly. On the other hand, if the ASC collected fingerprints only and biometricts have not been collected before the approval of the I-485, the USCIS still approves I-485 but the approval notice will require him/her to schedule an Infopass appointment to collect biometrics and until the biometrics have been collected, the plastic card will not be produced even if the I-485 has been granted.

* Accordingly, those whose I-485 applications have been approved should read the approval notices carefully. If the "Welcome" approval notice is received but he/she fails to receive the plastic card in the mail in a few days or two or three weeks longest, he/she should call the 1-800-375-5283 number to notify the USCIS. On the other hand, those who just receive approval notice without the "Welcome" message but requiring ASC appointment should make an appointment and provide biometrics per the instructions in the approval notice timely and promptly. Otherwise, they will experience delays in receiving the plastic cards!

Hi hmz,

I read your posts. Did it take for you only 3 months from the time you sent the documents till you got an approval? How long did it take for the security clearance to go through?
I am from the same country as you are on f1 visa but my number is higher and will be able to submit documents may be only in April.

vk

Hi vk96,

yes, it took 3 months.. I don't know about security clearance. I don't know why r u not sending documents. I know some people who filed, but their numbers r not current and they already have done FP.

Hi hmz,

I read a lot of posts that say different things. Some say you have to wait until number becomes available, some say you can submit before. My lawyer called USCIS officer directly (not the customer service) and they told him to wait. I am kind of lost and waiting for my number to become available. My number is 14xxx so it will become available may only in april.

vk96

Aos

Hi all
Im a DV Winner EU 10 500 and I guess my number will become current in april by how things are moving. Now to be sure I went to a lawey, and he told me to wait until my number is activ. My question to you guys is if my number is current in April can I submit the paperwork from now? How much time did it take for you , starting from the time you send the papers until the interview. Is there anyone who filled before her number became current?
My lawey told me that if my number is activ in April I should file only after April first. Isn't that to late?
Any advice is apreciated. Thank you.

As i mentioned before, i know some people who filled before their numbers were not current and everything went fine for them. Make a choice.

hmz

Yes I understood that but how long before, that is the case, if my number is activ in April, canm I send the papers now?

Have anybody had his or her case rejected because they submitted the paperwork to early? Have you heard of something like that?
My f.. lawer told me that if I send to early my case will be rejected.

I heard that, but it happens very rarely. If they reject ur case, u will file when ur number will be current, no big deal, but i don't really think that it will happen.

To alincosma,

This is what I think to do, but may be I am wrong:

I think to wait until my number shows up in the Bulletin and then immediately submit the papers.

My number is so high that probably it will become available in June, but it should show up in the Buletin for May that will come out in April. I am not planning to wait until June, I think to submit docs in April when the Bulletin comes out.

For you, your number should shouw up in the next few days. For EU now is 9850, so 10500 should come up in the Bulletin for March. Then you can immediately submit your documents.

vk96

That is what I'll do for sure even if my lawer told me to wait. If the whole processing took 3 months for other people, than we should speed a little bit. Thanks for your answer. I need it. Hope I do the right thing.

Lawyer will include form G-28, so some of the paperwork from the USCIS will be forwarded to him/her, but I dont think that they will have to be present at the interview.

If your record is completely clean you should be ok during the interview without a lawyer.

so both, my lawer and me, will receive further notification from USCIS? Will I get the instructions for fingerprinting or my lawer.

Hi,

I do not know if you will get a receipt from the USCIS. May be somebody who went through this can share their experience.

For example, when my lawyer sent DSP-122 to KCC and just in case he included G-28, so the letter from the KCC about AOS only he received but not me.

my lawyer told me to wait because he found everywhere that DV winners have to wait before the numbers become available and also lady in the USCIS that is responsible for the DV cases told him like this.

The other thing is this document:

http://www.usvisainfo.com/object/pdf/dv/IR_80_01202003.pdf

It was valid for the DV-99 applicants and I am not sure if it is valid now.

I am not sure what to do.

I think (not sure) in other visa categories people can submit documents up to 90 days before the number becomes available, one problem in the DV situation how do you know when it will become available? From the Bulletin you can actually tell up to 6 weeks but not 12 weeks.

alincosma said:
I understand you're in the same situation like me, waiting for the numbers to become current. I have a lawer to and my numer is EU 10 5xx which will become current in April is everything goes normal. My lawer told me to wait until April to file but I think it's to late. I think I'm going to file this month. Maybe we could exchange info during this process. My e-mail address is alincosma@hotmail.com. You can write me there or post here. I'm curios why your lawer told you to wait, mine said that my case will be rejected.
Thanks. Alin

i submit my document on 1 october 2005, my number became current in january 2006 .... so i am one of the exapmle who submit documents much early then my case number became current....