• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Winner of DV2006. Adjustment of status (F1 visa)

Hi everyone,

I already had an interview with the immigration officer for the adjustment of status over a month ago. The officer told me that everything is complete and there is no problem with my case except for one thing. He is waiting for a packet containing information about myself that is supposed to be sent by the KCC. Since he did not have that packet, he told me that he could not approve my case at that moment. He told me that he would order that packet from the KCC and he expected that it should take about 2-4 weeks to receive the packet and approve my case.

Since it has been over a month now, so I have a concern that he still has not received that packet from KCC. I sent an e-mail to KCC about the problem and they replied to me saying "KCC is not authorized to assist you with this issue"!!!!!

OH.. MY.. GOD..!! Does anyone ever have this kind of experience before? What should I do? What should I do?

Thank you so much.

Boston, MA

April 27th, 2005 ---- My wife recieved winning notice
Mid May, 2005 ----- Paid $375/P
Late May, 2005 ---- Received DoS receipt and instructions

March, 2006 ------- Visa # became current
March 24th, 2006 -- (2) I-485 and (1) I-765 forms received
April 4th, 2006 ----- Biometrics appointment scheduled on April 18th, 2006
April 7th, 2006 ----- I-765 rejected for wrong fee, was resent
April 10th, 2006 ---- I-765 received
April 18th, 2006 ---- Did biometrics for I-485 and I-765 forms
and that's it !!!!!
No EAD
No Interview
No Requests
No Notices

The online case status service says: "We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates."
However, Processing dates page doesn't show the dates for Lee's summit, MO
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp

On July 10th, it will be more than 90 days since they recieved My I-765, so I will try the interim EAD

Don't know what to do with the GC process, neither the local office does.

Any advice ?

Hello All,
I just want to say that i am very happy that this thread that i created sometimeg ago so helpful for the people. I found that many people asking questions which sometimes were mentioned in the begining of this thread. Please, try to read all of them just to get an idea what was disscused before, it will help to save time..

With warm regards,
Borya.

TheReality said:
Boston, MA

April 27th, 2005 ---- My wife recieved winning notice
Mid May, 2005 ----- Paid $375/P
Late May, 2005 ---- Received DoS receipt and instructions

March, 2006 ------- Visa # became current
March 24th, 2006 -- (2) I-485 and (1) I-765 forms received
April 4th, 2006 ----- Biometrics appointment scheduled on April 18th, 2006
April 7th, 2006 ----- I-765 rejected for wrong fee, was resent
April 10th, 2006 ---- I-765 received
April 18th, 2006 ---- Did biometrics for I-485 and I-765 forms
and that's it !!!!!
No EAD
No Interview
No Requests
No Notices

The online case status service says: "We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates."
However, Processing dates page doesn't show the dates for Lee's summit, MO
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp

On July 10th, it will be more than 90 days since they recieved My I-765, so I will try the interim EAD

Don't know what to do with the GC process, neither the local office does.

Any advice ?

i gave my fingerprint on the 23th of february and will have interview on the 10th of july it takes long to get interview actually depends on the local offices process dates some of them slow...good luck

take a look at my progress
I'm not a happy camper either. But what can you do.
by the way if you want to see the processing dates for Missouri go to National Benefits Center. That's it.
For the last 2 months, the dates for I485 in Detroit went back to November from December, in stead of advancing. So I don't know what's happening, but soon I'm planning to have an infopass. I have to know, this process is a killer.

Last edited by a moderator:
DV2006EU34XX said:
i gave my fingerprint on the 23th of February and will have interview on the 10th of July it takes long to get interview actually depends on the local offices process dates some of them slow...good luck

Thank you DV2006EU34XX, I see what you are saying, but I am not optimistic about my case, because of my previous experience.
I applied for change of status on Oct 3rd 2004, and the name check took "about" a year and 4 months (all of 2005 for sure). Now I am thinking: if they are conducting a new name check this means they have thrown the first one away, and the new check may take the same period which means also that I am kissing the GC goodbye by end of Sept.

alincosma said:
take a look at my progress
by the way if you want to see the processing dates for Missouri go to National Benefits Center. That's it.
Glad to know that, however, NBC doesn't seem to handle I-485 applications! or I'm missing something here. They show the dates for I-765 only.

Are there specific questions you ask your local office ? Each time I visit them i get useless information like: still pending, waiting for security clearance, on hold, extended review ... etc

Anyway, I wish all good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
last time I went for infopass they were very nice and answered all my questions. I wrote down on a piece of paper all the questions to make sure I don't forget anything, and she answered each one assuring me that I will be processed by the end of September. As I said before, she said that immigration likes to leave DV cases to the last minute, but they finish them in time.
Missouri doesn't show processing for I485 because they don't handle directly, the local office holds the interviews.