• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Winner of DV2006. Adjustment of status (F1 visa)

someone here on this forum said that it takes between 2 to 4 weeks to get the FP appointment. Where did you get that info. it's more than 4 weeks in my case...

alincosma said:
someone here on this forum said that it takes between 2 to 4 weeks to get the FP appointment. Where did you get that info. it's more than 4 weeks in my case...

It is usually takes 2/8 weeks, but you should call USCIS after 30 days.

alincosma said:
local office or national
AND how do you know that info, where from

Call 1-800 number, if it’s not work visit local office. I got this information from uscis. Don’t worry; you have plenty of time in hand.

Good Luck

to greg Dv 2006

hey greg which state are u doing your AOS and where are u from? I am still waiting for my interview notice. I did my fingerprint on the 23rd of february. I guess my Hartford/Connecticut office is too busy :( and my number is EU34XX

greg dv

Do you have the same appointment time as your wife?

We received two different times (also in the same day) and i am wondering if we can just come together for the first one, since my husband is the beneficiary, i do not understand why would i need separate appointment

to canonurum,

Hi there, I'm from New York and my interview is in the local office in New York City. I'm quite sure that timeline for scheduling an interview appointment varies from office to office. Just be patient. Everything is going to be allright.

to zaryun,

Yes, my wife and I have the same appointment date and time. If I were you, I would go together to the first one, especially since you're the primary applicant, as I understand. Just explain to the officer the whole situation.
Don't forget to share your experience after you're done.
Good luck,

greg_dv2006

hello everybody,
This is what happened to me and I don't know what does this mean. I had my interview scheduled for March 29th and everything went well. I was told my permanent residency was granted and I should go home and wait for the green card in the mail. The next day, they sent me a letter telling me that they cannot grant the perm residency status to me because one of the security checks was not completed, and that this could take many months. Did this happen to any of you? what should I expect?
thank you,
Diana

dianac said:
hello everybody,
This is what happened to me and I don't know what does this mean. I had my interview scheduled for March 29th and everything went well. I was told my permanent residency was granted and I should go home and wait for the green card in the mail. The next day, they sent me a letter telling me that they cannot grant the perm residency status to me because one of the security checks was not completed, and that this could take many months. Did this happen to any of you? what should I expect?
thank you,
Diana

Where is your local office located? When did you file? Some times security checks take couple of months. They supposed to inform you during interview. You should visit the local office.

Good Luck

Zaryun,

did you apply for a travel document? Do you know about anyone who was waiting like us and got the name cleared?

Dianac

yes, I applied for travel docs, got a NOA, waiting now.
No, this year I did not hear about cleared NameCheck yet. I think they just pile it all and do not touch untill the last minute.
I really hope I am wrong...

Dianac,

I just got a phone call from my immigration officer !!! He told me my nameCheck is clear and Greencard is on the way!!! Tomorrow I go to get my passport stamped just in case!!!

Wish good luck to all of you guys still waiting

Many Many Congrat's!!!!

A call from immigration officer indicates that they do try to expedite DV cases.Hey this is great news and we all are happy for you.

My wife is a DV winner EU,rank below 600 and we are anxiously waiting for OCT.06 to apply.

Cheers!!!

zaryun said:
Dianac,

I just got a phone call from my immigration officer !!! He told me my nameCheck is clear and Greencard is on the way!!! Tomorrow I go to get my passport stamped just in case!!!

Wish good luck to all of you guys still waiting
That's a great news!
Congratulations!!! :)