• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Winner of DV2006. Adjustment of status (F1 visa)

hi guys
when you received the second notice for FP was it from the local office or from the Chicago ? just wondering why for some takes so long to get it and for others not.

hi alincosma,
the second letter is sent from lee's summit, missouri
at least it is what the stamp on the envelope reads
greg_dv2006

Last edited by a moderator:
my second notice fingerprint

hi guys,
my second notice for fingerprint was from my HArtford/Connecticut local office first one was from another state.

i have the feeling the second notice is sent by the local office that is why is different from case to case
some local offices maybe moving faster some slower, just like with the interview
please correct me if I'm wrong

to alincosma

i think you right because my second notice from local office was at a later date which means they are so busy and they did not want to do it early. I hope the same thing will not happen for the interview.

hmz said:
alincosma,

1st time for EAD, 2nd for GC. I posted a message about approval notices and Biotmetrics earlier.
You had the interview before the biometrics? Did I understood correct?
afraid

alincosma said:
i have the feeling the second notice is sent by the local office that is why is different from case to case
some local offices maybe moving faster some slower, just like with the interview
please correct me if I'm wrong
Should we worry about the second notice or not?
And my local office is not doing biometrics because it's too small. They told me that I will have to go to another closest office. But nothing specific yet.

afraid

to greg_dv2006

greg_dv2006 said:
to hmz
hi there,
do you know any number to contact uscis or fbi (and speak to the "real" person :) )and find out if my fingerprints and name check were already cleared?
thanks
greg_dv2006
What is EAD?
afraid

we will get the second notice but time is critical since we have untill the end of September and that is what's bugging me.With luck and patience I think we're gonna be OK. So once more Good Luck to US.

greg_dv2006 said:
EAD stands for Employment Authorization Document
I applied for the I 485 and I 765 and they scheduled me 2 biometrics and FP appointments : one for I485 and the other for I675.
Did you get the same thing?
Did you had to go twice?

afraid

to afraid
Yes, I received 2 appointments: one was with regards to I-485 and one to I-765.
I didn't have to go twice because both were scheduled the same day.
afraid, can you please write down in your signature dates reflecting the time you received your Notices of Action, so other could see it. It is very helpful. Thanks
greg_dv2006

greg_dv2006,

you can call to USCIS customer number and find out about your fingerprints. After you submited your FP, usually FBI send back the results to USCIS in 24 hours. I am not sure about name check and i think they don't provide this kind of information on the phone. You need to make an infopass appointment to find out. I hope this helps.

hi hmz,

thanks for the info. i already called fbi number and found out that FP were sent to uscis the same day. in terms of name check i'm planning to schedule an info pass appointment by the end of the week since you were right - they don't provide information regarding name check.
it was very helpful. i really appreciate it
greg_dv2006

to hmz

hmz said:
greg_dv2006,

you can call to USCIS customer number and find out about your fingerprints. After you submited your FP, usually FBI send back the results to USCIS in 24 hours. I am not sure about name check and i think they don't provide this kind of information on the phone. You need to make an infopass appointment to find out. I hope this helps.

How many times did you go to make FP? twice?
I have 2 appointments:
- 1 for the I 485 and
-1 for the I 765

Why needed the I 765 and the others didn't?
I am working now, with the work permit based on the J1 visa, but an immigration officer told me that I need a new one, based on permanent residency.
What do you know about this issue?

What is the number to check the Fp or the name check?

afraid

to greg_dv2006

greg_dv2006 said:
hi hmz,

thanks for the info. i already called fbi number and found out that FP were sent to uscis the same day. in terms of name check i'm planning to schedule an info pass appointment by the end of the week since you were right - they don't provide information regarding name check.
it was very helpful. i really appreciate it
greg_dv2006

can you tell us the number where we can check the FP?

afraid

afraid,

the dates of FP in my signature. You have no issue. You will submit Biometrics for EAD and u will receive it. When u call to FBI, they will tell u only fingerprint results.

FBI number: 304-625-5590

afraid,

I see that hmz gave you the number already. I'm sorry but i didn't log in earlier.
In terms of your fingerprint & biometrics appointment don't worry too much. Simply , take both notes on your earlier appointment and tell them that you have two different dates. My guess is that they will do everything the same day.
And as far as your question is concerned :
"Why needed the I 765 and the others didn't? " , I-765 is optional choice . Not everyone decide to file this form.
Good luck

Hello everybody,

Good news, I got my third notice earlier today so now I'm preparing for the interview.
I'm still waiting for my EAD card though

to marvadur, hmz, or anybody that have received the third notice

Does your third notice is also I-797C ?
My third notice looks kind of different, and I read it's G-56 in the bottom left corner
Is yours the same?
Thanks,
greg_dv2006

p.s. Good luck to all of us :)

greg_dv2006 said:
Hello everybody,

Good news, I got my third notice earlier today so now I'm preparing for the interview.
I'm still waiting for my EAD card though

to marvadur, hmz, or anybody that have received the third notice

Does your third notice is also I-797C ?
My third notice looks kind of different, and I read it's G-56 in the bottom left corner
Is yours the same?
Thanks,
greg_dv2006

p.s. Good luck to all of us :)

Hey Greg, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Yes, my third notice is like yours, a G-56 form, and it was sent by my local USCIS.