• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Winner of DV2006. Adjustment of status (F1 visa)

waiting for FP and biometrics appointment...

Good news alincosma. When i filed, i worried to much about my case until i received first NOA. It seems u did everything correctly. Now, it's waiting time :cool:

to hmz

hello hmz on february 23rd, they took my fingerprint on the computer u know like red laser thing and they took my picture with the webcam. And March 7th i will go again for fingerprint I guess this one will be with ink which will make my fingers dirty right? ANd what does this EAD means?
Thank u in advance

No. They don't use ink :) I don't know why they asked u to come back, even if ur FP is done. Your FP is valid for 12 months. If they take it again, they will do backround/name check again.

EAD - EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION CARD

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi hmz,

Why did you have to apply for the EAD? I need to apply for my EAD (OPT) since im on my last semester of school. Did you have any problems for applying for both in the same time?

hi hmz

thank u for the reply. I guess u right they will do the background check. ANother thing u said u did not appy for EAD and you got it. But now I have the OPT card and will expire end of December 2006. So do you think they will send me the new employment authorization card?? ALso when will your Employment Authorization expires is there any expiration date on it??
Thank again in advance and again congratulations that you got this little Green colored card:)

Since i am a permanent resident, i do not need EAD. The officer took it from me because i don't need it. I don't understand u. Do u want to get EAD based on ur OPT or DV? Of course u can include i795 along with i485 if u want and u will get EAD.

If you have EAD for your OPT you don't have to submit another form for EAD. I have mine for OPT and I didn't submit the form for another one. Like hmz said if you are a permanent resident you don't need EAD...

i got it

thank u guys (hmz and alincosma) for the reply. I just wanted to start working early because i thought to get the EAD through the DV will take longer than through my F1 visa. Thats why I applied for EAD through my f1 visa because i graduated last December and now I am on my OPT. I got what you guys are saying that I will not EAD when i will become a permanent resident hopefully within 3 months as i see hmz and borya's dates of the whole processes.:)

my question is if you get EAD for filling AOS do you need a SSN to start working and if you do is it enough to just go to any SS Ofiice to get it?

alincosma,

1st time for EAD, 2nd for GC. I posted a message about approval notices and Biotmetrics earlier.

to hmz
hi there,
do you know any number to contact uscis or fbi (and speak to the "real" person :) )and find out if my fingerprints and name check were already cleared?
thanks
greg_dv2006

fingerprint

hi guys,
As i have written in my previous message, on 23rd February they took my biometrics and fingerprint. But then I got the second fingerprint notice from my local office which said on 7th of March. I went again today and they told me that i dont need to do it again but on 23rd February they told me to come back. They said sorry and and I am all set for now and now waiting for 3rd notice for Appointment date and hopefully i should get it soon....