• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Winner of DV2006. Adjustment of status (F1 visa)

to greg Dv 2006

hey greg I am happy about you that u got your interview date. I gave my biometrics and fingerprint on the 23rd of February kind of same date like u but i am still waiting for the third notice and for the interview date. hopefully we all will be done soonn..

alincosma said:
does anybody know how marvadur's interview went?
I haven't seen any posts about it

Hi Greg, hi Alincosma, hi Afraid and everybody else!

The interview went very well even though we did not leave USCIS with our green cards or passports stamped and I think the reason is because our interview date was too close to our biometrics date. Actually, the officer said that since our fingerprinting results were not in the system yet, we would have to wait for them to have our permanent residency granted and later receive by mail the green card.

The interview was very quick and simple. We got there 15 minutes earlier so we waited on a room with a sign on the door [AOS APPOINTMENTS]full of chairs but we were the only ones there. At 8 o'clock the officer came to the door and asked us to follow him. We went to his office. We were sworn in, then he asked (all the time he was asking us questions, he was flipping the pages of our application, checking things and writing small notes on the pages):

To my husband (the DV winner):
a) His birth date
b) Address
c) Phone Number
d) If he was still working in the same company
e) If he had been married before
f) If those (our 2 kids who went with us) were the only kids that he had
g) For his original birth certificate and marriage certificate
h) If he had ever committed a crime
i) If he had ever tried to enter the US ilegally

To me:
a) My birth date
b) If I was employed
c) My original birth certificate
d) If those were the only kids that I ever had
e) If I had ever committed a crime
f) If I had ever tried to enter the US ilegally

To kids:
a) Their original birth certificate

The folder containing all our docs. and forms had a cover that read,
SPECIAL HANDLING CASE, with the options:
DV
JUVENILE
OTHER

and, of course, the DV box was checked out.

Guys, I think that's all... For what I remember, we were done with the interview around 9 o'clock...

Good luck everybody! Hope to have more good news soon to tell you all :)

hey marvadur,

Wow, Cogratulations!
I'm glad to hear that everything went well and easy.
May your green cards be sent to you as soon as possible. All the best

I forgot to ask you two questions:
What's your current status J1 , H1, or something else?
Did the officer asked for/checked your bank statements, an employment letter, tax returns for the past 3 years and/or tax returns of a person who signed I-134 for you?

Thanks,

greg_dv2006

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats marvadur
thaks for posting your experience
so the dv cases are processed faster I guess sinc the file was checked for DV Special...

alincosma said:
congrats marvadur
thaks for posting your experience
so the dv cases are processed faster I guess sinc the file was checked for DV Special...

You're right Alincosma, for the cover on our application, I guess they really give a special attention to DV cases.

greg_dv2006 said:
hey marvadur,

Wow, Cogratulations!
I'm glad to hear that everything went well and easy.
May your green cards be sent to you as soon as possible. All the best

I forgot to ask you two questions:
What's your current status J1 , H1, or something else?
Did the officer asked for/checked your bank statements, an employment letter, tax returns for the past 3 years and/or tax returns of a person who signed I-134 for you?

Thanks,

greg_dv2006

Thanks Greg. I'm on H4 visa (my husband, the DV winner, has H1B).

The officer had our AOS application and he was going through all the papers and documents while asking us questions.

In our AOS application we did not have any bank statements and the officer did not ask for any (and I'm glad he didn't because we did not take them with us).

We sent an employment letter with our AOS application but the officer did not ask for it (I guess he saw it on our application and thought it wasn't necessary to ask again for the same thing). The same with the tax returns.

My husband has a job, so we don't need form I-134...

Friday will be 4 weeks since my first notice and still no sign of the second one. Can anyone give any suggestions or oppinions?

alincosma said:
Friday will be 4 weeks since my first notice and still no sign of the second one. Can anyone give any suggestions or oppinions?
I got the first notice on febr 16th and the second notice on march 13th. Almost a month, but comparing to the others still late. I understand perfectly what you feel , but you have to be pacient. Try to call the customer center and ask about your status.
Do not worry, yet. Wait a few more days.
I know it is very hard to wait but you will get the notice.
What is your case number? Is it curent?
Hope you will get the notice soon.
Good luck. :)

afraid

to borya,

borya said:
My last message in this thread, read my new thread here:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=207620

Good luck to everybody !
Borya.

I have a question about traveling after having the green card. Because my husband will do consular processing I would like to go there after I will get the GC. I also aplied for a travel document.
I think I read somewhere that you left the US after you got the GC. Is it true and is it safe ?

afraid

afraid
my number is current in April. I'll wait a few more days
regarding your question after you get the GC you can travel any time you want.

dianac said:
Alin, how did you find out when your number is available????

You can find out it from visa bulletin. Where is your local office located? When did you file?

to alincomsa

alincosma said:
talk2
Detroit filed feb 13
My number is 4xxx and it is current so long ago and it took 1 month until the second notice.
Depends on the local office and on how crowded they are.

Good luck !
afraid

still no second notice
I made an appointment for infopass for April 3, in case nothing comes in my mail box until then.
since the processing for DV cases is faster, as marvadur noticed in his/her case, it shouldn't take 6 months. And besides when you check the status online for EAD processing it says 30-to -90 days, . That's 3 months.