• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Winner of DV2006. Adjustment of status (F1 visa)

Hi Borya,
I have been reading through your posts and following the steps. I am A DV-2006 winner and doing AOS on F1 status in NC.
Hope you will have no problem with Interview on FEB 1

I have a question though: I am filling out forms and documents right now and I think I am almost done, but I have a couple of questions:
I have done 1) I-485
2) G-325A
3) Copy of I-94 (back and front), with copy and translation of birth certificate and copy of nonimmigrant visa
4) Copy of I-20
5) Moneyorder for $395
6) Sealed Medical exam form I-693
7) Copy of payment for $375
Am I missing anything?
My question is what about affidavit of support. Do i file the I-394 or I-864
Do i need it at all? What about Job offer? Do i need it too?

Happy wining to everyone!!!!!

Thanks,
Dimedrol

Hi Dimedrol,

You will also need to submit the following items:

•Evidence of Eligibility(Letter from KCC saying you are a DV 2006 winner)
•Two passport size photographs (with your A # lightly printed with a pencil on back--if you don't have an A#, print your name)
•A Copy of visa and passport

At this time, you don't need to file I-394/I-864 or show you have a job offer...you will need to show either an affidavit of support or a letter of job offer during your inperson interview.

Hope this helps.

Dmmapril

hi dimedrol,
one more think: if you ever been in military, it might be better to have document about it.
take with you copy of medical form I-693.
thank you for the warm wishes :)
good luck,

Thanks guys.
Borya, I have not been in the military service, however my I-20 states that I can be here until 2007 so i registered with my national embassy here in USA and I got paper that basically says that I don't have to go to the army until my I-20 expires.
Do you think it would be useful for me to bring this document translated on the interview?

Want to comment that information and people on this forum are very helpful.
Hopefully other people can find this information helpful in their application, on the basis of the same situation.

well, if you have time to translate it before interview, i would suggest to have it just in case. but again, 80% of documents for interview are not going to be checked, but we should be prepared for all possible situations .....

I agree that we have to be prepared for everything.

Borya, how did you find if your Name is cleared, when you scheduled Info pass, on interview: did you receive any paper document confirming that your name is fine?
Also, what did you put in Part 2 (I-485)?

Thanks guys, have a good night!!!

hi dimedrol,
1. i made an appointment through INFOPASS in chicago USICS, they told me that my name check is clear.
2. i put "h" option or in other words "other" where i specificly wrote that i am a winner of diversity lotery with case number ***** which gives me elegibility to consider me for the naturalization process.
good luck !

Hi Borya,

Just a short note to wish you all the best during your interview tomorrow. I’m sure you are well prepared and you will ace the interview.

Again all the best.

dmmapril

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you DmmApril !
i think i am ready for the interview, tomorrow at 7.45 am !
I will make a post about my experience tomorrow (1 feb) close to the evening ....

I just returned from Interview. Well .... I expected more, to tell you the truth ...
Interview itself was OK, that answer i got from imigration officer. But i did not got I-551 in my passport, as i expected. She still waiting some documents from KCC, she did not explained me what excactly she is waiting. She told me that she will contact me not later than 6 weeks from now ...
Now , since i am optemist, what i think about situation:
She is waiting document from KCC with my picture (she mentioned that she needs document with picture), since everything is ok with my documents, she needs just to verify that my picture that i gave to her is the same as original in KCC. Moreover, she told me that I-551 is basicly means that i have temporary green card up to the moment when i will get by email permanent one. So i guess, she will not need my passport again to put that stamp since i can simply just get "permanent GC". Well, this is just my guess .... I gave to her all documents that she aked me, that is why she told me "EVERYTHING OK. So wait my decision after i get documents from KCC ". The second part of the sentences worry me a little bit since why i should wait her desicion if everything well wiht documents and interview ? Well, let's see how it is going to work...
If anybody have comments about my situations (maybe somebody have the same story) let me know, at least it will help me to relax .... :)

Here is the list of documents that i was asked by immigration officer:
1. Student ID.
2. Driver Licence
3. Passport
4. Birth certificate(translations)
5. Payment checks ... that is kind of unexpected, but fortunatly i have them with me
6. My diplom
7. Letter from university that i have stipend
8. I-20

Pozdravliay!!!

Borya,
I guess, this is congratulations, at least for this part!!
I have a quick question: I am sending my documents for AOS now. Do I have to send both the first and the second letter from KCC?
The thing is that when I filled the paperwork for KCC, I sent them the original "Congratulations" letter by mistake.
Do you think i should contact them?

Thanks a lot,
Yuna

Hi borya,

damn, i don't have student ID, maybe they won't ask me for it. Did she ask any questions from I-485 form? I think, u can try to call to KCC and explain the situation. What payments checks did she ask? I am going tomorrow, lets see what happens. It could happen the same as to u..

to zaryun: i sent both first and second notice from KCC, but they even did not check it ... i do not think that you should contact KCC, the USCIS should have all staff from KCC ...

to hmz: good luck on inetview, let me know how it will go tomorrow :) i hope they will not aks your student id ..... she did not aks anything about I-485 ...
i just call KCC, hmm.... thy told me that everythink is ok with me, they sent to USCIS Chicago paperwork in november. Now it is even more strange, why immigration officer is waiting from KCC something ...... i do not have any answers for that ....

It's really strange. Was she nice to u? When u gave documents to her, did she look carefully or she just took it and put it away? How long did u wait there? Was it delay?

yes, she was very nice to me :)
she was not very carefully looking my documents
i was there 15 minuts, she was making copy of some my documents ~5 minuts ....

Did she ask u originals or copies? Because i have a bunch of copies, tons of documents. I am sure, that more than half will go to the garbage after the interview.

Change in Interview Location

Gurus - have the following question. Is it possible to change the interview location from consulate to local district office in USA. I currently reside in the US and would rather have the interview stateside instead of having to go back home.

What would be the process for changing the interview location. Please note that I am still not scheduled as I am waiting for my number to become current...

Thanks.