• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Winner of DV2006. Adjustment of status (F1 visa)

I am saying that i didn't receive anything from USCIS. No Notice of Action, nothing.. My number is already current. And u filled to the wrong place and already have done biometrics. Impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
i misunderstood you in the last message. i do know know why you did not receive anything form usics.

moreover, chicago usics the main branch of uscis for illinois, indiana and wisconsin. if you in this area, you can send documents to them and they will deliver them close to interview to you local area or even process themselfs.

Documents

Borya, it's been while!! Hope you had a good thanksgiving. Anyway here is the deal, I contacted some lawyer last week, thinking they can help me with the process. Wife and I have decided on adjustment of status. Problem, New York USCIS is said to be really slow in processing these things. This is of course time sensitive and I think at the rate at which things are going, my number will be current in March or April. Do you think I should go ahead and send docs to USCIS or wait? What docs did you send?
Here is a list please let me know if this is all or there is more to be sent:

1. Form 485(with the filling fee)
2. Medical Exam
3. $70 for biometric exam
4. DS 230
5. Reciept for $375 from dept of state
6. Avidafit of Support( dont know which one though)
7. Passport size pictures
Let me know if there's anything else I need. Thanks for your help once again

yes, thank you. i know, NY very slow....
documents: many people suggestes that people should wait while case number became current and after that to sent all documents. probably, they are right. i did differently as you may see in my messages, i do not know for sure how it is going to work for me, i do not have yet invitation for interview....

documents which i sent to uscis:

a. I-485
b. G-325A
d. medical exam
c. notice from KCC
e. I-94, F1, I20 copy (you might have different status)
f. checks, 315$ + 70(biometrix)
g. copy of receipt for 385$ from department of state
h. financial proof(from my university that i have full stipend)
k. two pictures

since you have 2 persons, in your case everythink is double.

Hi all ! i just want to make an update: i got third notice from Chicago USCIS with the invitation on interview which is going to be on 1 february 2006.
In the invitation itself, i found several questions which should be clarifieds for me. so if anybody know the answer, i would very appreciate it:

1. i should bring certified court disposition. i am 3 years in usa, so should i really bring it from my own contry or not ? or from usa ? or maybe i should not bring it at all ?

2. affidavit of support I-864. i guess, in my case it is simply paper from my university that i have full coverage from university side ? i am f1 phd student, i got full schollarship from my university.

3. small question not related to my interview; my F1 visa went off on 4 december 2005, i did not make any movements towards getting new one since i am on pending process with my AOS. i am on the legal status here since i currently enrolled in my university. i just wondering, is my situation seems ok ?

Good luck to everybody and that you for comments/suggestions !

Borya,

Is your FBI name check done?

"3. small question not related to my interview; my F1 visa went off on 4 december 2005, i did not make any movements towards getting new one since i am on pending process with my AOS. i am on the legal status here since i currently enrolled in my university. i just wondering, is my situation seems ok ? "

From what I know is that your F1 visa stamp has nothing to do with you being legally here in the US. Stamp is just for entering the US. Date on I-20 is what shows how long you can be legally here.
I read a lot of boards and as I understand as you file your AOS it is safest to assume that your F1 status gets cancelled because it is only a nonimmigrant status and not dual intent status like H1. By submitting AOS you violate FI conditions. I also read that it is OK to be enrolled in school while AOS is pending just for work person has to wait for the EAD.

thank you. i do not know whether my FBI name check done, i assume yes, how can i check it ? i have apointment in USCIS chicago on 6 of january, so i am planning to ask all my questions that i pointed out before + name check. as far as i know, it is impossible to ask name check status directly by phone, am i right ?

I dont think that you can call FBI and ask about your name check but I think that you can call USCIS and ask them if your name check is done. They will tell you yes or no.

thank you, i will ask them day after tomorrow about it. thank you for the telephone number, i just call they told me that my fingerprints were sent back in the same day back to USCIS, i suppose everything ok with that. the only thing which is left name check....

Hi DmmApril and all !
I had appointment today in Chicago USCIS.
Results: name check CLEAR ! i think i am ready for the interview.
Just an information for others:

1. i was told that if you have any tax form filled before it is might be good to bring it on interview
2. the copy of medical examination good to have on interview. this is something new for me.... because the doctor should sealed it into envelop .... i will try to clarify it... i also have a guess that the women with whom i was talking was not very compitent in these questions.... but anyway, it might be nice to check...
3. creminal reports: if you do not have, you probably should not worry about it, but if yes.... you should bring paper work from police... i do not know what exactly it is since i do not have creminal records.

good luck to everybody !

Hi Borya,

I would be very careful with the answers that they tell in the USCIS during these Info Pass appointments because those people are not the adjudication officers and they dont deal with the real cases. When I went to St. Louis USCIS office they gave me some answers and later I found out that they were completely wrong.

Regarding the medical exam.... I received a sealed envelope and also a copy for me personally of all the material that is in the sealed envelope. I did my medical few months ago. I vaguely remember that nurse in the clinic told me (if I remember correctly) that before they used to issue two copies of the medicals in the sealed envelopes, so in case USCIS looses one you would have another ready. So may be this is what a person in the USCIS was talking about. But now they dont do it anymore, because USCIS wouldnt accept the second copy. So a person would have to go to a doctor again if the they need medicals. (I dont know if a person would have to do new medicals again) Anybody ,please, correct me if I am wrong.

Hi borya,

i am doing AOS i Chicago either. I got an appointment notice on February 2nd. The address is 230 S. Dearbon Street. I am sure, u will have interview to the same place as me ;) About ur previously questions. You do not need to bring CERTIFIED COURT records if u never been there. I was and already got certifed copy. Could u please describe how ur interview letter looks? My one looks very similar to this one:

http://dv.semper-ante.com/Application/2003-01-06 - appointment notice.pdf

Very strange, but my work permit (EAD) is still missing..

My documents list looks like this. It's in order and tell if urs looks same or not.

- Medical Examination Form I-693 In a Sealed Envelope.

- Affidavit of Support Form I-864. (with your tax returns for the last 3 years, W-2's and current job letter.

- Certified Court Dispositions records.

- 2 Color ADIT-Style photographs.

- Photo identification for yourself and your petitioner.

- Your employment authorization card.

- English translations of any foreign documents.

- Proof of Legal Entry into the United States, passport and/or proof of payment of I-485 Supplement A.

- Birth Certificates for beneficiary, petitioner and ALL children.

- Merriage certificates (if married previously, proof of termination of ALL previous marriages)

- If applying based on marriage to a US. citizen or lawful permanent resident:

- Wedding of family photos.

- Proof of join residence (i.e., mortgages, leases, and utility bills)

- Proof of join credit and joint purchases.

- Bank statements and credit card statements.

- Proof of medical, dental, and life insurance.

hmz,
2006EU35xx

hi hmz !
the list of documents are very similar to those i have. your appointment letter looks similar to mine, though i have also list of documents in my appointment which i should bring with me. it is good news that i should not worry about court certificate if i have not criminal records. yes, i am going to have interview in the same place as you are :)

hi vk96 !
thank you for the message. i did not recieve the copy of the thinks that in the sealed envelop. i am going to talk with doctor on the next week about it because i woul like to make sure that i have everything which might be important on my interview. thank you for pointing out those comments :)

borya,

USCIS must have original copy of ur medical. You do not need to get another one, just bring the copy. Some people do not include I-693 with I-485 and they must bring sealed envelope to the interview.

i sent to USCIS original sealed envelop with medical examination in cotober. but, i do not have copy of that ! immigration officer tald me that it is better to have copy for the case if they(USCIS) lost my original envelop. that is why i was thinking to contact my doctor to get copy, just to be safe.

The doctor had to give u a copy. Make sure u get it. You r on F1. Do u work? Did u pay taxes?