Who want to be part of action team

sgi,
I liked your input. I am not going to be active for next 2 days. I will be back on sunday evening. We will discuss about the plans.

Some ideas/questions

About the poll for donation, it only asks about VSC. Shouldn't there be a similar poll for each service center?

What if we approach companies/organizations run by prominent immigrants for support and donations. ISN still lists some powerful people in their website. These people went thru similar steps/phases with INS. We can get a letter from them supporting our cause/petition and add their name to the petition as supporting organizations. We don't have many supporters like asylees do.

What would be our approach in case BCIS director(s) refuse to meet/discuss?

The dumbest question:
When do you guys come online for chat and how?

Originally posted by sai-2367
I just send a note to Mary Matalin (james carville's ) wife. Could one of you also send our petition to James Carville asking for his help on this matter. James and Mary are the best known lobbyists today .

Here is the link.

http://www.carville.info/

Good move sai. I am locating more people like this.

Re: Some ideas/questions

Originally posted by ayansgp
About the poll for donation, it only asks about VSC. Shouldn't there be a similar poll for each service center?

What if we approach companies/organizations run by prominent immigrants for support and donations. ISN still lists some powerful people in their website. These people went thru similar steps/phases with INS. We can get a letter from them supporting our cause/petition and add their name to the petition as supporting organizations. We don't have many supporters like asylees do.

What would be our approach in case BCIS director(s) refuse to meet/discuss?

The dumbest question:
When do you guys come online for chat and how?

Good points with powerful people, companies, organisations, think tanks, etc. I posted some information earlier. Let me see if I can resurect it.

TEAM

Guys,

If you have no objection I would like to serve as a consultant and contributor. I could not accept any other official role for now.

Re: TEAM

Originally posted by cinta
Guys,

If you have no objection I would like to serve as a consultant and contributor. I could not accept any other official role for now.

We are not an organization, so don't care much about the role, everyone of us are contibuting just like you.

Our main goal should be wake up our own people, otherwise we'll fail miserably.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suggestions..needed.

Folks,

I was thinking to meet a big time lawyer in Denver so..( I have planned to meet him this coming wednesday).

He has very strong connections with BCIS. This is first time I will be meeting him for our case rest of the times I met him for others case...so I did talk to him about what we want ... to collect some money and....all...and persue BCIS.

He asked to put an appointment for that....i guess it will cost for that 1 hour I will meet him..but same time I want to ask him straight questions to get straight answers.

So if you have any suggestions how to start and what we want( summarised form) please post it before Wednesday( 10/15/03).

Regards,
Sanju

Sanju,
I appreciate your efforts. But I'm not in position to advice you to goahead and meet the attorney. Since we never started collecting money for such efforts. Also we don't have proper agenda to discuss with attorneys.

Count on me!

Manumahi and others,

I would like to be part of the team as well and contribute some money as well.

MrCoolz
RD:11/27/02
Detroit, MI

Re: Suggestions..needed.

It is no harm in talking to the lawyer and asking his opinion on this subject. The initial consultation should be free. Information in any form is good. If he is going to charge you, then we should bear the expense. I am willing to contribute.

Originally posted by sanju13
Folks,

I was thinking to meet a big time lawyer in Denver so..( I have planned to meet him this coming wednesday).

He has very strong connections with BCIS. This is first time I will be meeting him for our case rest of the times I met him for others case...so I did talk to him about what we want ... to collect some money and....all...and persue BCIS.

He asked to put an appointment for that....i guess it will cost for that 1 hour I will meet him..but same time I want to ask him straight questions to get straight answers.

So if you have any suggestions how to start and what we want( summarised form) please post it before Wednesday( 10/15/03).

Regards,
Sanju

Dont worry about cost...

Guys dont worry about cost...I will bear it.

I just want to know if what we are thinking is in right direction or not...that is my main motive talking to this lawyer.

If yes then how can we proceed as we all are same ( no one has any law background).

-Sanju

Re: Dont worry about cost...

The fact that we are not law gurus require us to seek the advice of a lawyer.
Ask him about these so called delays that people are facing and seek his advice on 'Writ of Mandamus' or any other legality that we can use.

And we do not need you to bear the cost. This is not charity and we are all in it if we have voted 'yes'.

Originally posted by sanju13
Guys dont worry about cost...I will bear it.

I just want to know if what we are thinking is in right direction or not...that is my main motive talking to this lawyer.

If yes then how can we proceed as we all are same ( no one has any law background).

-Sanju

sanju13,
You are the most active participant in this group. I would like to wait 2 days before we decide about money collection.

Today I am posting a thread, asking people intervention. Depending upon the reponse we will go ahead.

I just finished voting in the poll

Please let me know when a decision is made as to how and who will be collecting the funds - I will be sure to mail my check. I will also be able to make it to VT, if it's either on a Monday or Friday.

Sanju, manumahi, edison, and all you guys, keep up the good work.

I will be emailing Sanju separately.

Cheers,

K