We are moving like a Turtle at TSC

You will need your A-number when calling the FBI at 304-625-5590. A representative may be able to tell you when the fingerprint check result was sent back to the USCIS. A fingerprint check is relatively straightforward and usually completed within 24 - 48 hours. The customer service person can only tell you when they received the FP from USCIS and when were the results sent back to USCIS. FBI will not tell you if FP were "cleared".
See here for detailed description of differences. No FP check is different from Name Check. Name Check is usually submitted within a week or so of initial I-485 submission and usually takes longer (any where from few days to years!!).

fingerprint done yesterday how do i check if the fingerprint cleared? and does that mean the name check cleared too?

Last edited by a moderator:
check my dates below. My background checks according to the IO were initiated on Dec 17. So, yes before FP, but i'm not sure if this is the case for everyone.

The email address (fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov) is still open, but you will be really lucky to get a response from the FBI. However, it doesn't hurt to send an email, doesn't cost anything at least, and get in line. You never know if the FBI will be required to offer some types of communications in the future, and suddenly decide to read their old inbox again.

See here for other ways to contact FBI to check the status of Name Check.

Is there any way i can email FBI name check to check the staus?

The email address (fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov) is still open, but you will be really lucky to get a response from the FBI. .

The FBI has made it clear that they no longer accept status updates correspondence for name check requests by email. Just because an email address is still active doesn't mean that they will ever respond to it. I doubt that the FBI would change their correspondence rules and retroactively look at past correspondence sent to the email address.

I spoked to an IO and he told me the NC has been cleared in Feb and they got the FP the same day. He told me i will be getting the IL within 2 months

I spoked to an IO and he told me the NC has been cleared in Feb and they got the FP the same day. He told me i will be getting the IL within 2 months

We're now 99% sure that the "IL within 2 months" timeline is BS. Everyone who had an InfoPass appointment recently (myself included) got the same exact response. Don't take too much stock in it.

We're now 99% sure that the "IL within 2 months" timeline is BS. Everyone who had an InfoPass appointment recently (myself included) got the same exact response. Don't take too much stock in it.

come on man, don't puncture the balloons of hope.

come on man, don't puncture the balloons of hope.

Haha, I'm just trying to prevent people from setting themselves up for a disappointment. Case in point: I was given the 1-2 month timeframe at InfoPass. That was 3 weeks ago. On Friday (3/7), I called the NCSC and managed to get the rep to transfer me to an IO. Can you guess what timeframe the IO gave me?:)

My PD is december 05, my name cleared according to the IO, they will send me an interview according to the PD or interview availability? IO indicated that i should get the IL within 2 months. just confiused

The processing of people from atlanta DO is confusing.
Altraj/atltodallas - one of them filed his n-400 on 8/24 and here jojo filed in Jan 2008, ravi 1985 filed in november 2007 and all are getting Interview within a few weeks of each other? :confused:

Jojo , Congrats!! Kudos for being in the military :D

WOW Gatedgal, you and I are really racing for it :D You really think our hubbies being military expedites the application? I know when you file from overseas its expedited. In any case I consider myself very lucky and blessed and wish everyone a speedy and positive process. Hey your interview is soon...Have you been studying? I better whip out that test book.:rolleyes:

Of course its speeding things up. Believe it or not but calling that military line is changing everything. Plus military spouses have their hands full anyway so they are cutting us some slack :) My interview is next week and i am super anxious. I will let you know how it goes.

I am hoping that i will get my oath scheduled same day. My appointment is at 12:20. My husband is sad for not being able to be there for me. He is coming home next month. :D