We are moving like a Turtle at TSC

Is the name check the same as background check?

The name check is one of the 3 components of the background check. The other 2 components are FPs and the IBIS check. The IBIS check is done over a computer and takes a couple of minutes to perform.

Vorpal,

My name check has been cleared, does that mean the background check is cleared?

I think that it's safe to assume that your background check has been cleared. The FPs are usually processed within 24-48 hours and returned to the USCIS. The IBIS check is completed even faster than that. In my humble opinion, you're in the clear.

Just talked to an IO

Hi All,

Using somebody's information on this board, I called USCIS at 1-800-375-5283 option 1-2-6-0. I got a customer service guy. I asked him if he can transfer to an IO so i can check if my name check is complete. He said he can't do that. He asked my receipt number, I gave him. But he was not able to locate my case using receipt number. Then he himself said, he will have to transfer me to an IO.

after few minutes of waiting, I talked to IO. She was able to locate my file using my A number. I asked her if name check is complete. She responded non-commital. Here are her words "From what I see in your file, all processing complete on your case and you are in queue to be scheduled for interview".

And then she asked if I have any more question. I said no. Call ended.

Does this mean, my name check is complete?

Thanks,
Newbie001.

Folks new details:

TSC-Fort Smith DO
Mailed N-400 to TSC: 2/25/2008
USCIS Received: 2/28/2008
Checks Honored by Bank: 3/3/2008
FP Notice Received: 03/12/2008
FP Appointment: 03/27/2008
more later....

Thanks,
Tan

Hi All,

Using somebody's information on this board, I called USCIS at 1-800-375-5283 option 1-2-6-0. I got a customer service guy. I asked him if he can transfer to an IO so i can check if my name check is complete. He said he can't do that. He asked my receipt number, I gave him. But he was not able to locate my case using receipt number. Then he himself said, he will have to transfer me to an IO.

after few minutes of waiting, I talked to IO. She was able to locate my file using my A number. I asked her if name check is complete. She responded non-commital. Here are her words "From what I see in your file, all processing complete on your case and you are in queue to be scheduled for interview".

And then she asked if I have any more question. I said no. Call ended.

Does this mean, my name check is complete?

Thanks,
Newbie001.

Newbie001,
what is your DO ?

N400 timeline - Dallas

Here is my timeline -

2/27/08 - Mailed application to TSC.
3/5/08 - Check cashed.
3/14/08 - Recieved receipt - PD - 03/03/08.
3/14/08 - FP schedule 3/29/08.

Thanks

Zia.

Called the cust svc line today and got transfered to an IO. The IO informed me that i am in the queue for interview. I am wondering if that is just a line they are feeding us. Just last week they informed me that the name check was not completed yet.

I sometimes wonder myself what the IO tells us over the phone. When I last called the IO said that my file was cleared in December and all looks good for interview. I then asked IO how can it clear in December if I only did FP in January. He was confused to say the least.

I asked the IO about the name check and she told me the name check starts when the application is entered into the system. Again who knows how accurate the info is.

Called the cust svc line today and got transfered to an IO. The IO informed me that i am in the queue for interview. I am wondering if that is just a line they are feeding us. Just last week they informed me that the name check was not completed yet.

I doubt that it's false information. There've been a few recent posts describing InfoPass appointments where the applicant was told that a background check is still pending. My FPs were completed on 12/26/07, and I was placed in queue for interview on 1/30/08. It's very realistic that your name check may have been cleared last week.

I doubt that it's false information. There've been a few recent posts describing InfoPass appointments where the applicant was told that a background check is still pending. My FPs were completed on 12/26/07, and I was placed in queue for interview on 1/30/08. It's very realistic that your name check may have been cleared last week.

Well now that i know that the name check is clear. I can sit back and wait for the interview. I am in no rush. My only concern was the name check black hole.
I hope these cases are done in order and all the filers from last year get their IL's ASAP.