We are moving like a Turtle at TSC

atlraj

Registered Users (C)
Well folks, I think we all are in for a long haul like what we did previously for GC.
TSC is very slow in processing N-400 applications.
They were sitting on date 7/16/2007 for processing of N-400 from previous two weeks info, now they are showing 7/17/2007 as of 9/21/2007. did not move an inch :), what can we do besides waiting even paying double the fee now did not work either?:D :D
California Service Center
N-400 7/29/2007
Nebraska Service Center
N-400 7/29/2007
Texas Service Center
N-400 7/17/2007
Vermont Service Center
N-400 7/25/2007

my BF mailed his application on July 16, TSC received July 23, and now 2 months has passed and he hasn't even got receipt yet. Frustrating..

my BF mailed his application on July 16, TSC received July 23, and now 2 months has passed and he hasn't even got receipt yet. Frustrating..

Has he called TSC yet as USCIS shows they are up to date on notifications up to July 17 according to their website?

...and they said the whole process would be(come) more effective and "they'd be(come) more timely and more responsive" - yeah right!

My guess is, by this Friday the update would be N-400 7/18/2007, a day/week. Which means, need to wait another month for the recepit and that will be totally over 3 months by then(TSC receiveted July 23). Is TSC going to do anything about it?! I-485 marched a lot while N-400 moves only a day. Ridiculous! Is it because other applications are more important than N-400 so that they need to deal with other type of applications first then N-400, or becasue the amount of N-400 applications is most overwhelming one which they can deal least?

My guess is, by this Friday the update would be N-400 7/18/2007, a day/week. Which means, need to wait another month for the recepit and that will be totally over 3 months by then(TSC receiveted July 23). Is TSC going to do anything about it?! I-485 marched a lot while N-400 moves only a day. Ridiculous! Is it because other applications are more important than N-400 so that they need to deal with other type of applications first then N-400, or becasue the amount of N-400 applications is most overwhelming one which they can deal least?

I wouldn't use their past data to extrapolate into the future since backlogs eventually do clear up. I'm giving them 90 days to cash check before I make any additonal inquriries although I certainly hope they answer before then. I'm in no hurry since GC only expires in 2009; wish I could say the same for others who have applied.

On another note,from what I read the past fee increases have never taken into consideration true operating costs, and were based on regular inflation. The GAO study in 2004 showed that USCIS needed the latest fee increase to reflect their true operating costs. It remains to be seen if this improves response times going forward.

I wouldn't use their past data to extrapolate into the future since backlogs eventually do clear up. I'm giving them 90 days to cash check before I make any additonal inquriries although I certainly hope they answer before then. I'm in no hurry since GC only expires in 2009; wish I could say the same for others who have applied.

On another note,from what I read the past fee increases have never taken into consideration true operating costs, and were based on regular inflation. The GAO study in 2004 showed that USCIS needed the latest fee increase to reflect their true operating costs. It remains to be seen if this improves response times going forward.

Hope so...: ( we are in rush as my BF wants to get citizenship as soon as possible and so that he can apply for my status change before he goes for overeseas assignment next year(I am on F-1 and can't travel overseas except for my home country). BF asks me to check the situation so that we may plan the pathforward right. My best friend's bf applied for citizenship last October and haven't been interviewed until now...so we are kinda worried and frustrated...

Hope so...: ( we are in rush as my BF wants to get citizenship as soon as possible and so that he can apply for my status change before he goes for overeseas assignment next year(I am on F-1 and can't travel overseas except for my home country). BF asks me to check the situation so that we may plan the pathforward right. My best friend's bf applied for citizenship last October and haven't been interviewed until now...so we are kinda worried and frustrated...

I assume your BF has his GC for 5 years and that you are marrying shortly so that he can sponsor you for GC or he will be submitting an EAD on your behalf ?

can he file EAD on my behalf??

I assume your BF has his GC for 5 years and that you are marrying shortly so that he can sponsor you for GC or he will be submitting an EAD on your behalf ?

Can he? We were told by lawyer that he can't sponsor my status change with his current GC status. He can file I-130 but I don't think he can file EAD on my behalf. Becuase we were told, marrying now doesn't go any good and it may actually impact on my future GC application as F visa doesn't allow immigration intention. The way he suggests is to wait until my BF gets citizenship and then we marry and then he can file 485.

Do you know anyone or heard anyone had done that and succeeded?

Thx!

Can he? We were told by lawyer that he can't sponsor my status change with his current GC status. He can file I-130 but I don't think he can file EAD on my behalf. Becuase we were told, marrying now doesn't go any good and it may actually impact on my future GC application as F visa doesn't allow immigration intention. The way he suggests is to wait until my BF gets citizenship and then we marry and then he can file 485.

Do you know anyone or heard anyone had done that and succeeded?

Thx!

What your lawyer told you is correct in the sense that he can sponsor you after he obtains citizenship and marries you. As for the EAD, you can submit EAD yourself while on your F-1 if you can show that work is directly related to your field or are suffering from economic hardship. Just realize that once you're married, you will have to remain in the US while he sponsors you for a GC due to intent issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
my case history(done oath today)

Application sent: 1st june 2007

Receipt date: June 4 2007(did not check when the cashed the check since it is a money order)

Finger prints letter: June 27,2007

Finger prints finished: July 13,2007

Interview letter: August 8,2007

Interview done: September 27, 2007 (9:45AM)

Oath: Same day oath( Sept 27 at 2:15PM) in Dallas office.

So, make sure to ask if there are slots for same day or next day oath in the office; if you are in a hurry.

We are not moving at all

Well, this is the story, previously N-400 application data entry is moving like atleast on the turtle speed(very slow) but as of this week they are stuck in the mud. :)
nothing changed from 7/18 date from last week to this week update.
I am still hoping and praying that they will catch up soon instead completly forgotten about us.

TSC received my app on 7/23/07 and still no check cashed no nothing, they said 90 days now that is up and still nothing???

TSC received my app on 7/23/07 and still no check cashed no nothing, they said 90 days now that is up and still nothing???

USCIS site shows up to 15 weeks (105 days) to receive N400 receipt notice. Give it until then. If you still haven't received it by the 15 week time period, then inquire with USCIS.

We are still stuck at TSC

Well I hoped for some improvement but we still stuck at TSC.
Currently they are still at 7/22/2007 for N-400 application.
Hope they will make it before my check's date is more than 6 months. :)

Any one has info from TSC?

Hello all,
as you all know we are still stuck in the mud at TSC.
But any one has any new info on check cashing etc.. from TSC alone.
I am guessing as a hope that their status dates are wrong on thier updates for reciept delays.
please let us know the info on when did you send the application and when was your check cashed.
thanks
Raj.

Hello all,
as you all know we are still stuck in the mud at TSC.
But any one has any new info on check cashing etc.. from TSC alone.
I am guessing as a hope that their status dates are wrong on thier updates for reciept delays.
please let us know the info on when did you send the application and when was your check cashed.
thanks
Raj.

The latest check cash date (last week) I've seen posted for TSC was for PD July 25. TSC is still moving very slow.

I believe the last reply with info about tsc's receipting times was from kidduj

mailed 7/24
received by tsc 7/26
check cashed 11/08