We are moving like a Turtle at TSC

Well Well nothing changed from Last week

Well nothing is changed on TSC from last week to this weeks update.
whats up with that.
that means they forgot about N-400 completely?
Texas Service Center
Form Number Date Received
I-485 Employment
Based 11/23/2007
N-400 7/29/2007
All Other Forms Current

Well nothing is changed on TSC from last week to this weeks update.
whats up with that.
that means they forgot about N-400 completely?
Texas Service Center
Form Number Date Received
I-485 Employment
Based 11/23/2007
N-400 7/29/2007
All Other Forms Current

I think TSC will also run rapidly forward once they get to 7/30 date. They may get current in 3 weeks time. VSC may catch up with CSC and NSC in next two weeks.

Why are you insulting turtles?

TSC is moving like SNAILS. Turtles are comparatively faster. Good thing is they are teaching us the virtue of patience :)

Tsc Md 7/28, Cc 12/3

We are moving. I might be the last of the fee increase back log. So things might move faster from now on.

We are moving. I might be the last of the fee increase back log. So things might move faster from now on.

The last of the fee increase backlog cases receipted depends on when USCIS received applications sent on July 28, so technically USCIS has received the last of the fee increase cases several days after July 28 (July 30-August 6 time frame). Since yours was received July 31, TSC still has to receipt those applications received after yours , but postmarked before July 30.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know when TSC received your application?

My app was 'signed for' on 7/31/2007. Delivery was attempted on 7/30.

My check was "posted" on 11/30. Debit to my account was last night (12/3/2007).

The last possible date to mail before the fee increase was 7/28. I am not sure how many would have mailed it non-priority... not too many i would hope. I think the majority of them should have been signed for by 7/31.

Last edited by a moderator:
18 weeks since USCIS received my application and check still hasn't been cashed. USCIS has no rhyme or reason on how they are going about cashing checks.

18 weeks since USCIS received my application and check still hasn't been cashed. USCIS has no rhyme or reason on how they are going about cashing checks.

How did you get a priority date without your check being cashed? What is LUD?

How did you get a priority date without your check being cashed? What is LUD?

The priority date is the date USCIS received the application. I know they have received it from postal records.
LUD= Last Update (used to indicate when case status was last checked for updates, in my case check cashing)

My check was finally cashed at TSC yesterday, 18 weeks after the USCIS received it. The tracking number on the check looks like SSC$00136XXXX which doesn't show anything online, although when I put in SSC*001136XXXX it shows :

On November 6, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case.

My check was finally cashed at TSC yesterday, 18 weeks after the USCIS received it. The tracking number on the check looks like SSC$00136XXXX which doesn't show anything online, although when I put in SSC*001136XXXX it shows :

On November 6, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case.

Congrats Bobsmyth, it's about time! Are you talking about the number printed on the back of the check? If so, that's not the receipt number. The receipt number should be handwritten on the front of the cashed check.

Thats good to know

why on NOV6? they recieved.
but per your signature they recieved it way back.
whats up with that?

why on NOV6? they recieved.
but per your signature they recieved it way back.
whats up with that?

I'm guessing that's the date they opened the application in the mail room. I'll keep an eye on dates once I receive NOA letter to make sure priority date is in fact 8/1.

Congrats Bobsmyth, it's about time! Are you talking about the number printed on the back of the check? If so, that's not the receipt number. The receipt number should be handwritten on the front of the cashed check.

Thanks Vorpal. There's nothing written on front of check. The number in back did come up on their system after I changed what looks like $ symbol to *. I didn't have to change any of the numbers, so I'm guessing it must be valid receipt number.

Bobsmyth - glad to hear your cheque was cashed at last.:)

My "tracking" entry says much the same as yours, showing a November received date. But the NOA shows 27 July, so all's well.

Thanks Vorpal. There's nothing written on front of check. The number in back did come up on their system after I changed what looks like $ symbol to *. I didn't have to change any of the numbers, so I'm guessing it must be valid receipt number.

Initially, I thought that the number on the back was the receipt number as well. After Nimche and a few others received their NOAs, they posted that the actual receipt number is the one written on the front of the check (although some applicants don't have such a number in the front). The number printed on the back of the check is a USCIS control number that has nothing to do with the receipt number. This past Tuesday, I called the NCSC and was able to get an IO on the line. The IO told me that the number on the front of the check is indeed the receipt number, and even confirmed what was written on my check after I provided her with my A-number. I'd suggest calling the NCSC and telling them that you're calling to check the status of your receipt. Tell them that your check was cashed 3 weeks ago and that you don't have a number written on the front. The customer service rep will attempt to look up your number in their computer, and will most definitely come up unsuccessful. They'll then transfer you to an IO, who will be able to look up your actual receipt number by inputting your A-number into their system.

Initially, I thought that the number on the back was the receipt number as well. After Nimche and a few others received their NOAs, they posted that the actual receipt number is the one written on the front of the check (although some applicants don't have such a number in the front). The number printed on the back of the check is a USCIS control number that has nothing to do with the receipt number. This past Tuesday, I called the NCSC and was able to get an IO on the line. The IO told me that the number on the front of the check is indeed the receipt number, and even confirmed what was written on my check after I provided her with my A-number. I'd suggest calling the NCSC and telling them that you're calling to check the status of your receipt. Tell them that your check was cashed 3 weeks ago and that you don't have a number written on the front. The customer service rep will attempt to look up your number in their computer, and will most definitely come up unsuccessful. They'll then transfer you to an IO, who will be able to look up your actual receipt number by inputting your A-number into their system.

I wonder if TSC does receipting differently as the number on back does come up on their system. I'm not too concerned with it at this point. If I don't get NOA letter in next month I'll start calling USCIS to inquire.

I wonder if TSC does receipting differently as the number on back does come up on their system. I'm not too concerned with it at this point. If I don't get NOA letter in next month I'll start calling USCIS to inquire.

The number on the back of my check also came up in the system, after I changed the $ to a *. The result was "On September 14, 2007, we received...". The date that should be returned when you enter the real receipt number is the date your check was deposited for cashing. When my receipt number finally showed up online this morning, it displayed the correct date.