Washington SESA Tracker

Still the old data.

Hi,

May update hasn\'t been out yet. Please find this in the page.

Note: These dates were updated on April 15, 2002.

Fiveice

I noticed that date too

I think that it just applies to the Regional DOL however.

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, it shows the update as of May 2002, with April 2001 for RIR and regular labor cert.

For what it\'s worth, I like your version better! I am finding it incredible frustrating watching this (not) move.

i agree

i agree with you guys.. there is no point in guessing and wasting more time and energy on this.. DOL/SESA , they will take their own time and convinence.

So just watch your mail box......

best of luck...if there is any left...

Any new information

It\'s been quiet here late. Has anybody gotten approval, or transfer to the federal DOL lately?

No Title

Hi fiveice I need some help. I have a friend who was working for microsoft and his labor was filed. He left the company and now wants to find out whether his labor has been approved. What is the phone # or employer ID # he should mention to the dol email to get a reply. Your friend will be able to tell you.

we finally moved past April 2001.

as per official DOL site seattle SESA finally moved from April 2001.
SEATTLE SESA
Program Title: Regular Permanent RIR H-2B Date Updated
Washington Apr. 2001 May 2001 May 2001 June 2002

Seattle DOL
Seattle May 2002 Mar. 2002 June 2002 June 2002

looks like ride from here will be smooth..

Sorry, Ray1.

Hi, Ray1,

The following is the reply I got from my friend:

I don\'t know the person, it was just occasionally heard during we play
volleyball together sometime ago.

Sorry dude,

No Title

Fiveice is it possible to get the details as to their date of filing the case with SESA etc. Mine was filed in last week of July and my lawyer is responding to emails. I am anxious. If you say 8 to 10 months frame time mine should be approved by now. But I have no news.

employer ID

he can find out employer id from the previous H-1B approval notices or copy of labor filing for H-1B..

Very glad to see that too.

I am also very glad to see that moving.

A friend of mine, who is from Microsoft, told me several days ago that people he knows in Microsoft all got the LC approved in 8-10 months time frame recently. Hopefully we can have the same thing.

fiveice

You beat me!

I just came across that too. I agree. Things should be going smoother now.

I\'m glad this wait is over!

DOL site modification for WA SESA.

According to aksingh's post on June 15:

SEATTLE SESA
Washington Apr. 2001 May 2001 May 2001 June 2002

I checked the website again today and found some difference there:

SEATTLE SESA
Washington Apr. 2001 May 2001 May 2001 May 2002

The update time for SESA was May 2002, NOT June 2002.

I hope in the July 2002 update, the time can go very far.

fiveice

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I feel washington SESA is controlled by the lawyers. Eventhough SESA shows May2001 people from Microsoft are getting their LC in 6 to 8 months time. If microsoft employees petitions are taken up for processing before the official time mentioned on the website what can one conclude? If we call up SESA and ask them why our applications are not processed they say they have not reached our priority date. If that is so then how they reach petition filed by Microsoft in December and January. The officers in SESA are in direct control of lawyers and some employers and they don't go by the priority dates but give priority to the lawyers and some employers. The lawyers favor employers who pay them heavily. LC from washington state is LC from the some of the lawyers of washington state.
Correct me if I am wrong

My attorney told me SESA LC moved 3 weeks in the last 2 months.

For the concern you guys talked about above, could you give us some particular example? If we know somebody in Microsoft filed after May 2001 and already got LC approved, then there is a problem. Otherwise, we cannot complain.

fiveice

WA SESA processing

I have to agree with fiveice. It is quite likely that the SESA received a lot of applications in early may 2001, just after the 245(i) cutoff of April 30.

They are moving about as fast as my attorney says they are.

I don't think that it benefits anybody to make speculative comments that some labor certs are being approved faster just because they are from Microsoft.

If the SESA is truly discriminating against other employers, then this should be made public, and pursued accordingly. Anonymous speculation doesn't serve any purpose.