Washington SESA Tracker

My attorney says May too

My attorney emailed me yesterday that they are starting with May now. How he found out is beyond me (I\'m assuming a phone call?). Anyway, I don\' know what to believe anymore as the DOL website definitely does not correspond to this info.

Anyone else have any updates? Has anyone called the SESA? Please let us know!

SESA processing...

As of Monday, they were still processing April 30th. This is a message
I got from a person in ESD in Olympia -

"We are working on April 30, 2001. As you may know there were a lot of AEC applications sent to us on April 30th and the days before that due to a law change to immigration law known as Section 245i. We have a lot of cases (perhaps 1,200) between yours and the current cases being worked. I can\'t tell you when we will get into November applications. I simply don\'t know. It could be a very long time.\'\'

So it looks like I\'m in for a long wait....

Bharad

No Title

Did you file RIR or regular? In theory, the regular labor cert applications should be backlogged around April 30th. However, it is my understanding that RIR is supposed to go quicker or get some priority?

RIR/Regular

As far as olympia is concerned I think they are moving both parellal. The dates have remained at April for past 7 months for both. Do you feel so many 245(i)applicants would have filed under RIR? Loks like Olympia doesn\'t give preferance to RIR.

RIR/Regular

I would think that most 245(i) would have been regular as opposed to RIR. That only makes sense, as the only 245(i) issue at the time was to file a labor cert request. As it is highly unlikely that RIR procedures would have been done prior to this, regular labor cert is most likely.

Having said that, I recall reading a memo at some point in time that said that RIR is supposed to have some priority--hence the reason for its existence.

I have to admit, hearing the April 30 date still gives me a bad feeling in my gut, but my attorney seems confident that they\'ve cleared the hump. I don\'t know who to believe anymore.

Mine was filed RIR...

Don\'t think it is making a difference now. As a previous post mentioned, the dates have been the same for RIR and regular in the past few months.

I had checked on 16th feb with my lawyer

On 16th Feb my lawyer told me that they have finished with april and started with May. After one month the dol website shows April. My application was filed in July when the SESA had said my application would be processed in 8 months. That time my lawyer had told me it will be less than 8 months. Now 8 months are over. We can only pray to God to give us patience or else we will end up being a patient!!!

My H1 expires june 2002..

My labor applied in July 31 2001
My H1 expires in June 7 2002.

I am pretty sure, I\'ll have to leave the country.

See \'titi\' \'s posting

Search for the posting done by \'titi\' under this heading. titi\'s friend\'s RIR was filed in May 2001 and got cleared in september. It is suprising. But if you could get titi\'s help and find out more details about the friend who got his RIR cleared in september you could perhaps get some idea. SESA will take another 2 months to clear upto July and 3 months for DOL. So count 5 months from march 15th. Our RIR will not get cleared before August 15th.

Thanks Ray1

I\'ve given up for any fast progress at this point, and I suppose I\'ll just sit back and wait.

I\'m speculating that SESA is still saying April 30 on a phone call just to get people to stop bugging them? I say this because I can\'t imagine that everybody\'s attorney is wrong about them being in May now.

But as anyone starts getting approvals and the like, we should be posting here so we have a realistic sense of how things are moving along.

Out for now....

Lawyer or SESA

It is possible that the lawyers are just saying so that we stop bugging them. Anyway we will keep this topic on the top. See the california topic is always on the top. The moment I hear anything from my lawyer I shall post.

RE: Lawyer or SESA

Sounds good Ray. I\'ll post whenever I hear anything as well.

To everybody else: What are your current experiences with SESA??

what is the SESA or SWA phone number to check the status in Seattle

does any one know the phone number of SESA or SWA to check where they stand right now.

I have started a new discussion named - WA SESA Tracker

lets put put our data to see who starnd where and also to get more insight into where SESA stands.

Thanks

Hi fiveice

You have mentioned about reply from DOL by giving employer\'s tax ID #. I tried giving the tax ID and another time by giving employer\'s phone #. Both the times I got a reply saying that there are no cases. In your case they gave applications of 1999. Does it mean my employer has not filed any LC for a very long time.

No Title

Hi, ray1,

Don\'t trust those replies.

As I mentioned in my previous post, a coworker of mine got his LC cleared last June, but the reply only gave me the results until end of 1999, so that means DOL hasn\'t updated those replies for a long time.

For your case, you got no cases back from the reply. Well, it could mean your employer did file some LCs, but DOL just hasn\'t updated yet.

Good luck!

fiveice

According to my attorney

my case (RIR, PD Nov. 2001) will not get processed by ESD before October. He also mentioned that SF DOL does not merge Region X applications with the CA LCs, so it may not take very long at DOL.

No Title

What has SF DOL to do with washington? In a way if we are seperated from SF DOL is it not better for us? correct me if I am wrong.

SF DOL

The reason I mentioned SF DOL was that Seattle region LCs are also
being adjudicated now at SF DOL. I assumed the queues for the two regions were also merged. You\'re right, it is a good thing that they are not!
Of course, all this only applies after ESD is done with our applications...