Washington SESA Tracker

But if you have had your LC pending for more than one year you can return to the US on your H1B.

Anyway, I hope you get your LC soon.

anyone has any clue

Does any one has any insider info on why DOL regional is stuck at July 2002 for quite some time now.

mine was transferred to region in first week of sept 2002 and looks like they are stuck in Juy 2002.

mine was transferred to DOL in last week of Aug 2002. And it is stuck at July 2002 for quite sometime now.

If anybody has any information as to why this is happening, please do post it in the forum.

good morning all

A Very Warm Happy New Year to all..

I hope that people on the board will get to see some GREEN this year.

btw I am not talking ($$) here...

Any news?

Anyone have news about what dates the local SWA is processing? According to my company attorney, they were processing end of October cases around Jan 20th.

Another piece of information I got from my attorney is that his
office has not got any LC approvals for IT cases that were *received* by the regional office after Oct. 01. (He had no idea what the July 02 date for processing was, maybe thats the date for non IT cases). He mentioned that this was the case for all the attorneys he had checked with. No approvals, no rejections, no request for more advertising, no nothing....
Apparently the regional office is just holding on to IT cases while they wait for clarifications from national DOL (no expected date for clarifications either!).

Sounds bleak, but I am still hoping for some positive news!

Bharad

About SESA and DOL for Washinton state.

Hi, all,

The following is something from my attorney. Goo luck to everyone, including myself. -:):

As all of you who have "reduction in recruitment" labor certification applications pending know, the Department of Labor (DOL) and the Washington State Employment Security Department have experienced significant delays in the processing of labor certification applications._ The Washington State Employment Security Department is currently reviewing cases that were initially filed near the end of October 2001._

For the most part, DOL's Region VI (which includes Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Idaho, and California) has processed applications that were forwarded from the Washington State Employment Security Department prior to November 2001 for positions that are not in high tech fields._ However, Region VI is holding all applications for high tech positions while they wait for clarification from national DOL on how to consider high tech positions during the current downturn in the high tech industry._ Employers may be asked to retest the market through additional advertising or provide some other still unknown documentation._ Martin Rios, Director of Region VI has indicated that he should have clarification by March.

Hi, all,

The following is something from my attorney. Good luck to everyone, including myself. -:):

As all of you who have "reduction in recruitment" labor certification applications pending know, the Department of Labor (DOL) and the Washington State Employment Security Department have experienced significant delays in the processing of labor certification applications._ The Washington State Employment Security Department is currently reviewing cases that were initially filed near the end of October 2001._

For the most part, DOL's Region VI (which includes Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Idaho, and California) has processed applications that were forwarded from the Washington State Employment Security Department prior to November 2001 for positions that are not in high tech fields._ However, Region VI is holding all applications for high tech positions while they wait for clarification from national DOL on how to consider high tech positions during the current downturn in the high tech industry._ Employers may be asked to retest the market through additional advertising or provide some other still unknown documentation._ Martin Rios, Director of Region VI has indicated that he should have clarification by March.

Hi, all,

The following is something from my attorney. Good luck to everyone, including myself. -:)

About SESA and DOL for Washinton state

Hi fiveice,

I got this information in a mail sent out by the company attorney. I spoke to my attorney (different from the company one) about this and he confirmed most of the information, except the expected clarifications in March. He said he hadn't heard anything about this. Can you confirm with your attorney about this?

Bharad

The clarification in March may not be right.

Hi, Bharad,

I got the following from my attorney:

They seem to be moving at their own pace down in Olympia._ We still hope that we will get clarification in March.

We can only wait to see.

fiveice

Seattle DOL moved ahead

Hi,

The DOL site for Labor Certification processing was updated today and the Federal processing time for RIR for Seattle moved 1 month to Aug 2002. :)

SESA cleared.

Hi,

I just got news from my attorney that my LC case was cleared in the SESA level. I filed my LC on 10/31/2001.

It looks to me that the official time from DOL site is about right. The time for SESA level in Feb. 2003 was Oct. 2001.

I was also told that the DOL level will take about 6 month or more. The official time for DOL level in Feb. 2003 was Aug. 2002.

Good luck to every one.

fiveice

fiveice

Your case RIR or Non RIR ??

Current DOL dates
Seattle RIR AUG 02
Seattle NON RIR MAR 03

DOL level doesn't move forward for RIR.

The official time for DOL level in Mar. 2003 is still Aug. 2002 for RIR cases. It looks to me that DOL doesn't process any high-tech applications at this moment.

Anybody has any update on that?

Thanks!

fiveice

This portal says Nov 2001

This portal says Nov 2001 where the official website says Oct 2001, i pray for Nov 2001 to be more accurate... any one has insight of this

SF DOL progress

SF DOL has hardly moved 1 month or so in last 6-7 months for processing seattle RIR cases.

Does any one of you has any inside info on what's going on out there?

Thanks..

transferred to DOL

I just learnt from my attorney that my case (PD 19th Nov.) was
transferred to regional DOL on April 7th.

Bharad

DOL.

I asked my attorney why DOL is still processing Aug. 2002 for RIR. Here is the answer I got:

Absolutely nothing has occurred. DOL director, Martin Rios has yet to issue any "clarification" for high-tech cases. He says that they are still working through the backlog --- but you are correct, we have yet to see it...

It looks like we may need another year to get our DOL done.

fiveice

Do you guys have any information whether these delays are happening to just high-tech employees or to all the employees?

Last edited by a moderator: