Waiting Asylum decision

It does not matter is you live in a different state, in fact they may move your case to the other state and ask you for another interview there. Decision in person in 2 weeks is something very rare, people go there in 2 weeks to find out decision was not made or referred to court.
Is common to get it in mail and it can take years to get it, i.m waiting for it for 17 months and nothing yet, also Chicago office.
Thanks. I'll prepare myself to be patient.

Hello, everyone!
I had my interview 2,5 years ago, and no decision. Went to Arlington asylum office in person, they say it is pending. I do not understand why it is so difficult to make a decision on the case. Who was interviewed in Arlington ao?

Hello, everyone!
I had my interview 2,5 years ago, and no decision. Went to Arlington asylum office in person, they say it is pending. I do not understand why it is so difficult to make a decision on the case. Who was interviewed in Arlington ao?
Holy shit! This is insane. I'd file writ of mandamus after 12 months of waiting. It's better to get denied and to defend your case in court.

here in this forum there is a thread about it

it's not an easiest thing to do by yourself but it is certainly doable. Alternatively you can hire an attorney to do that for you but it's gonna cost you around 6000 (California price). For this kind of money I would do it myself. Just follow the manual provided above.
Don't do it!

I think that there are legitimate merit points for suing USCIS for the delay in form processing.

However, if I was in your position, I would use the time to do something else. If you have an EAD, work hard and accumulate work experience. The 26 months I waited for my case to be processed, I had no EAD, so not allowed to work! If you have an EAD, move forward with your carrier, educate yourself with any extra money you have. If you have no EAD, do something else productive: During my 26 months of waiting for my case to be processed without an EAD, I wrote two books (novels ) and I worked as a volunteer journalist. For you, you can perhaps look at your case again, work with your lawyer to make ammendments that you can submit if the case is referred to Immigration Judge or you are called in for a second interview.

Anyway, my point is that, there are more productive things to do about/with your life THAN fighting USCIS. Of course, this just my opinion. You are entitled to do what you think is best for yourself. Good luck

Don't do it!

I think that there are legitimate merit points for suing USCIS for the delay in form processing.

However, if I was in your position, I would use the time to do something else. If you have an EAD, work hard and accumulate work experience. The 26 months I waited for my case to be processed, I had no EAD, so not allowed to work! If you have an EAD, move forward with your carrier, educate yourself with any extra money you have. If you have no EAD, do something else productive: During my 26 months of waiting for my case to be processed without an EAD, I wrote two books (novels ) and I worked as a volunteer journalist. For you, you can perhaps look at your case again, work with your lawyer to make ammendments that you can submit if the case is referred to Immigration Judge or you are called in for a second interview.

Anyway, my point is that, there are more productive things to do about/with your life THAN fighting USCIS. Of course, this just my opinion. You are entitled to do what you think is best for yourself. Good luck

How one thing (work) is not working along with the other (suing USCIS)?

There is an Afgani man who's case is pending for 25 years. I don't want to be the second one on this list. But it seems that you wouldn't mind to make to this list. Where is the line after crossing which you would take action? 5 years? 10?

I think that 1 year is more than enough to complete all the checks and come up with decision. Others may think different.

Last edited:
Don't do it!

@7of9, I must say for the first time that I agree with you.
It is not neccessary to sue USCIS.
@miki0007 don't fight when you can run!!!

I have been waiting for a decision for two years now.
I contacted the Senate Office in January, they replied on March 29th, 2019. They told me that, they have inquired about my case and the decision will be made within the next 3 months.

There are still other ways... Suing USCIS should your very last action.

How do we do that? i.m waiting for decision for 18 months already.
Try a congressman and also it’s free. I haven’t tried yet but many people has got some positive decision through a congressman’s help. Don’t try writ of mandamus it’s a little bit of risk and also your case should have a reasonable pending (maybe more than 4 years)

I contacted the Senate Office in January, they replied on March 29th, 2019. They told me that, they have inquired about my case and the decision will be made within the next 3 months.

Does the senate office and congressman office has the same power to deal with uscis? I’m bit confused. Whom do you recommend and does the senate office charge any amount?

No, it is free.
But, when you ask the Senate office to inquire they ask you first if you have already asked a congressman to help.

In my case, I hadn't asked any congressman to help. So, I don't know if that changes everything.

I wrote about my pain of waiting for a decision here: https://forums.immigration.com/threads/chicago-interview-decisions.337591/

Like everyone here, I was super frustrated.

During my time fighting my case, I met an Iranian man. His case had been pending since 1991. I met him in 2009 = 18 years. I remember fearing that if I miss court dates, etc, my case could fall into a black hole like his. This man's case had been handled by many many judges, his file was more than 5000 pages (voluminous).

I hate waiting. However, as I have grown older, I now select my battles carefully. Fighting USCIS is not one battle I would do. Of course, If I had unlimited time, lots of dollars to pay a team of lawyers, perhaps I could consider it. For the average person, I recommend not fighting USCIS.

Reaching out to the Senate/Congressmen office, checking in at the field office with an infopass, better options to try to push the case forward.

Last edited:
Little update, today I received mail from uscis with approval and white cards for my family!!! I’m so excited, thanks you all for support and wish you the same)

Can you please tell me a little more of how you contacted them?
Did you send mail with all your case info?
I am going in person next week but after this i will probably try this as well.
Thanks.

Find who is the senator of your state.
Go to his website, click on federal agency assistance
Scroll down, and click on immigration.
Submit the inquiry online.
After you submit it, you must print it in a PDF document as well. Then, sign it with a pen.
Finally, mail it to the address shown at the last page of the pdf document.

*** They will warn you that they decide which case they decide to work on. If the case is not relevant they might ignore it. ***

Find who is the senator of your state.
Go to his website, click on federal agency assistance
Scroll down, and click on immigration.
Submit the inquiry online.
After you submit it, you must print it in a PDF document as well. Then, sign it with a pen.
Finally, mail it to the address shown at the last page of the pdf document.

*** They will warn you that they decide which case they decide to work on. If the case is not relevant they might ignore it. ***
Thank You so much!

i have received decision was mail update hoping it should be an approval

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 8.34.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 8.34.10 AM.png
    299.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited: