Chicago interview decisions.

Discussion in 'Political Asylum in USA' started by miki0007, Apr 12, 2018.

1. miki0007

miki0007 New Member

Any updates from Chicago office?
    Had my interview in October 2017 and didn't get the decision yet, it been almost 6 months.
    How long did you wait for it?
    Thanks.

2. CWH

CWH Active Member

i'd love to know. i will have my interview on 05/01/2018, one year after i postponed my first scheduled interview.

3. CWH

CWH Active Member

i had my interview on 05/01/18 and went to the office foe the decision today 05/14/18. it was not good news as my case got referred to immigration court. i am quite lost at the moment.

how is it like from now on? anyone having experience at the immigration court? please share. thank you.

4. Camila Estrella

Camila Estrella New Member

I am sorry to hear that your case got referred to immigration court. Please do not be discouraged, your path will be different from those who get their asylum granted immediately after the interview but that does not mean your case cannot be granted. I watched 3 videos about referred cases that then got approved at immigration court, here is the link:
    I believe your next step is to find a lawyer.
    Do you live in the Chicago Area?
    My interview took place 3 days before you but they told me to wait for a letter, which I have not received yet. Do they told you to go to the office for the decision?
    Thank you

5. tinaina

tinaina New Member

I had an interview in march 2018 and I still haven't get the result. I am on status.
    Is there anyway to see how people on status get their result?
    Like when do they get their result?

6. Camila Estrella

Camila Estrella New Member

Hi, What do you mean by "I am on status"?

7. tinaina

tinaina New Member

I am not out of status.
    I am working with EAD under f1 visa.
    My interview was in Chicago in March.
    I have my legal status until in the middle of 2019.

8. miki0007

miki0007 New Member

Had my interview in October 2017, didn't get the decision yet, hope you get more lucky.