Waiting Asylum decision

I think it is approved since it says the number of days your case is pending. If it was denied or so it will be running anyway good luck and keep us updated,,

this is not true. Number of days stops changing regardless approval/referral.

The website doesn't mention the word "stopped." People who received approval reported that their status changed from "Decision is pending" to "Fees were waived." Other people who referred to the court reported their status changed from"Decision is pending" to "Decision is mailed." If you are in status, based on B1/B2 visa, wait until you become out of status and file an asylum case in the immigration court.

There are number of ways system can show you the status.

Fees were waived - Asylum granted
Decision was mailed (EAD click STOPPED) - Asylum granted
Decision was mailed (EAD click RUNNING) - Case was referred to court (or NOID if in valid status)

Also B1/B2 is not the only statuses people can be in. If it is F1/J1 it can be years before it expires, so...

Decision was mailed (EAD click RUNNING) - Case was referred to court (or NOID if in valid status)

Also, B1/B2 is not the only statuses people can be in. If it is F1/J1 it can be years before it expires, so...
Thanks a lot for your update and the screenshot that you has provided, actually, it is very valuable information. For me, based on people reports, I thought there are 2 ways for case status change. But your information added more to my knowledge.
And you are right about that F/J visas. They are not like the B visa. I Think people on F/J visas should consult an immigration attorney to discuss their options in case they get denied.

Also B1/B2 is not the only statuses people can be in. If it is F1/J1 it can be years before it expires, so...
May I ask you a question, do you know on which basis some people, who granted asylum, receive "fees were waived" while others receive "Decision was mailed & EAD is currently stopped"

If your case status says "Your EAD Clock is currently running" and "Your decision is mailed", most probably it is not an approval... If you are still in legal status, then you might receive NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny)...Let us know what the result is once you get decision in the mail...
what are the next steps I need to take??

May I ask you a question, do you know on which basis some people, who granted asylum, receive "fees were waived" while others receive "Decision was mailed & EAD is currently stopped"

There is no way to say that based on online system.

The difference between the 2 is that sometimes they might mail your decision first and then send the info to other agency that will issue you new EAD card (fees for which is going to be waived). And some other times they order new EAD card before they mail you decision and that's how you get this message "Fees were waived."

what are the next steps I need to take??
I have seen some people who have won asylum after sending rebuttals to the NOID... you have 16 days (I think) to respond to the NOID, and of course you will loose some days while waiting for the mail to arrive..... If i were you, i would look at their reasons for the NOID, and prepare the strongest possible counter arguments to refute their logic and convince them to rethink their decision....

I have seen some people who have won asylum after sending rebuttals to the NOID... you have 16 days (I think) to respond to the NOID, and of course you will loose some days while waiting for the mail to arrive..... If i were you, i would look at their reasons for the NOID, and prepare the strongest possible counter arguments to refute their logic and convince them to rethink their decision....

Yes, this is also an option. Although, I have heard very little successful cases after NOID. But you have to respond anyway so..

If you got a recommended approval, it will also say decision was mailed and the EAD clock would still be counting

I have a question.. why are applicants called for second round of interview within a month of first interview... what is the percentage of success on this case ?

What is the decision for this above screenshot
I think you can call the court and say or type your A number if it says something like we don’t have records on this A number means you got approved if it says something like they have it means you got referred to court

And this is the number

‭(800) 898-7180‬

Last edited: