Waiting Asylum decision

I

I’m heavily considering filing for mandamus. My attorney says in order for the lawsuit be successful, the judge takes into consideration the full amount of time it’s passed since I filed my asylum application, and not the 7 months since the interview. So, I’ll give it a couple of months only. I’m really tired of waiting honestly.
very frustrating, keep us posted please

Hello All, today the status of my asylum changed to New cards is being produced today. What does this mean ?

Filling location : Houston
Filling : February 2017
Requested expedite in Nov 2022, they rejected
I contacted the member of congress in January 2023
In March 2023, the requested by 2 boys for fingerprints (10 and 11 years)
Had the asylum interview on August 15 2023
Sent an application for EB-2 NIW last month as I have been working as a Network Engineer for 6 years
I did not receive a receipt notice for the EB-2 application after 35 days
I sent another EB-2 request 4 days ago and they received it 2 days ago
Today the status of the asylum case changed from Decision was mailed to New Card is being produced
What does this mean ?

Attachments

• CaptureUSCIS.PNG
    CaptureUSCIS.PNG
    14.7 KB · Views: 41
Hello All, today the status of my asylum changed to New cards is being produced today. What does this mean ?

Sent an application for EB-2 NIW last month as I have been working as a Network Engineer for 6 years
Today the status of the asylum case changed from Decision was mailed to New Card is being produced
What does this mean ?
Approved congratulations

What does this mean ?
Congratulations! This means your case has been approved, and you will receive your approval letter soon. Wishing you all the best for your future!

Hi! I am new to this forum and I got my approval letter today!! But I feel like I need to share my experience to help others that are on the same journey and still waiting for a decision.

Applied July 2016
Interview July 2024 (Never sent inquiries, letter or mandamus, just waited)
Approval August 5

My case tracker is still showing “decision pending” but I got everything in the mail this morning, so imagine my surprise!

I didn't hired a lawyer or preparer I did everything by myself. Days before my interview I sent “complementary information and more evidence” I am from Venezuela. I felt that the AO was more interested in the new information. My interview lasted less than 45 minutes, and I was approved in 17 days.

I wish every one of you the best outcome!

Hi! I am new to this forum and I got my approval letter today!! But I feel like I need to share my experience to help others that are on the same journey and still waiting for a decision.

Applied July 2016
Approval August 5

My case tracker is still showing “decision pending” but I got everything in the mail this morning, so imagine my surprise!

I didn't hired a lawyer or preparer I did everything by myself. Days before my interview I sent “complementary information and more evidence” I am from Venezuela. I felt that the AO was more interested in the new information. My interview lasted less than 45 minutes, and I was approved in 17 days.

Which office ?

Applied July 2016
Approval August 5

All cases are different, Great you got this without a lawyer, Venezuela cases are really strong a this time, congratulations

I need to help a friend to file.
Anybody tried online filing of the Asylum application? How was the experience and what we need to file?

Hello everyone!
I want to share my timeline and ask for some advice.

Fall 2020 - Arrived to LAX
Winter 2021 - 589 has been sent
Winter 2021 - Biometry fingerprints
Spring 2021 - First Interview USCIS, Tustin, CA with Officer
Summer 2021 - I've received SSN (no restriction) and Work Authorization/EAD (category A05 granted asylum)
Fall 2021 - Second Interview USCIS, Tustin, CA with another Officer
Fall 2021 - I've been asked to send additional documents to USCIS, and I did it immediately.
Winter 2023 - I've received my second Work Authorization/EAD (category C08 pending asylum application)

Now Spring of 2024 - 3 years since the first interview, and 2.5 years since the second. I received no answers and the status is still - Decision Is Pending, You completed your interview.
My lawyer recommended just wait, but I have been waiting for 3 years for an answer.

Here is the list of questions:

1. Why I've received no restriction SSN and A05 EAD? Does it mean the first officer approved my case?
2. Why I've received C08 EAD later? Does it mean the second officer declined my case?
3. I didn't find anyone here from the Tustin office. Any updates from there? Or how long to wait for an answer from Tustin, CA?
4. Does it make sense to send physical mail to my local USCIS office or only sue (Mandamus) them?
5. If the first officer approved my case and then the second declined it, if ask for FOIA will I see it? If so and if I receive a negative result can I do something to revert it and make first's officer decision final?
6. What is the best next step for me?

Thanks!

After 3.5 years of waiting after the interview + mandamus, I finally received approval notice.
So, the most important advice is to fill mandamus.

Arlington Va
Congrats on your approval
Do u hold a temporary status as well? I do, and was told at my interview in Arlington that because of this, they weren’t going to issue a decision soon (pretty much what he said) its been 7 months since the interview and still no decision. (Filed in 2017)

Do u hold a temporary status as well? I do, and was told at my interview in Arlington that because of this, they weren’t going to issue a decision soon (pretty much what he said) its been 7 months since the interview and still no decision. (Filed in 2017)
Thank you! Yes, I have Temporary protected status and my AO told me the same. I was really positive that my interview went well, but I was ready to wait a long time for my decision. I hope you get your positive decision soon :)

Thank you! Yes, I have Temporary protected status and my AO told me the same. I was really positive that my interview went well, but I was ready to wait a long time for my decision. I hope you get your positive decision soon :)
Thank you so much. And congrats again.

Not sure why cos my cousin and wife got their approval like two to three weeks after interview in Newark office. They both have TPS except that's not what you mean. They file 2017 .

HI everyone,
I have a question, I did my interview July 2022 and I filed for Mandamus in 1st week of June 2024, I received a email tru my lawyer to go to SF office for my son to do ID verification which I did today, Has anyone been in that situation before
wow i got almost the same timeline as you.did interview in july 2022 filed mandamus june 2024 and a month later received a letter to go in next week for biometric verification. i am and nervous and hopeful at the same time reading your experience. fingers crossed

Did anyone else file a mandamus for a decision 2 years after the interview and was asked to come in for biometric verification?
my timeline:
-filed asylum in july 2019
-completed biometric august 2019
-interview july 2022
-mandamus filed in june 2024
july 2024 received a letter asking to come in end of august for biometric verification
-case tracker still showing "decision pending"

I tried to inquire today of my desicion and got this email do someone know what exactly this means? Or in which stage this at? Or may be this automated email everyone gets?
IMG_6451.jpeg

I tried to inquire today of my desicion and got this email do someone know what exactly this means? Or in which stage this at? Or may be this automated email everyone gets?
View attachment 5014
Nothing special. It’s every clear message that your case is pending for supervisor’s review. AO has already decided the case. Final review is pending. Once the case is decided, they will update the status.