Waiting Asylum decision

Hi, I’m new to this forum and joined today to share my experiences and challenges with my asylum journey. I hope to find some peace and relieve my frustration via this Forum

My timeline:

• Asylum filed: July 2015 in Arlington, VA
  • Interview scheduled: July 10, 2024 that's a 9 years of wait
  • Current status: Decision pending since the interview
Over the past 9 years, I’ve tried various methods to expedite the process but haven’t had success. I’m now just waiting for a decision.

Hi, I’m new to this forum and joined today to share my experiences and challenges with my asylum journey. I hope to find some peace and relieve my frustration via this Forum

My timeline:

Over the past 9 years, I’ve tried various methods to expedite the process but haven’t had success. I’m now just waiting for a decision.
Please feel free to share your stories, especially if you’re also waiting for a decision from the Arlington, VA office.

My timeline:

interview in Arlington in February after 7 years of wait, still waiting for the decision

What does the response to the congressional case status request below by USCIS indicate?
Is this a generic reply?

"U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records indicate that your constituent was interviewed by the Arlington Asylum Office and the application is still pending. An asylum application may require additional time to be adjudicated after an initial asylum interview for several reasons including awaiting background and security check results, and/or requiring a re-interview. Additionally, the need to reassign staff to high priority workloads, such as protection screenings for detained noncitizens, may also be a reason for delaying the adjudication. Please be assured that your constituent’s application has not been overlooked"

What does the response to the congressional case status request below by USCIS indicate?
Is this a generic reply?

"U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records indicate that your constituent was interviewed by the Arlington Asylum Office and the application is still pending. An asylum application may require additional time to be adjudicated after an initial asylum interview for several reasons including awaiting background and security check results, and/or requiring a re-interview. Additionally, the need to reassign staff to high priority workloads, such as protection screenings for detained noncitizens, may also be a reason for delaying the adjudication. Please be assured that your constituent’s application has not been overlooked"
That's a boilerplate response from USCIS. Nothing specific to your case, just text they use for all responses.

Is this a generic reply?

I actually got the same response from congressman's office today. Word to word. What a coincidence!

Usually How long does it takes to change the case status after interview?
I finished my interview, but my case status showing still showing interview scheduled

My timeline:

Yeah, you are probably in that 2 - 3 % of people that are heavily affected by changing FIFO to LIFO. 2014-2016. I hope you found safety in this country - that means a lot. All other things are less important. You could build everything from scratch having safety and determination.

Usually How long does it takes to change the case status after interview?
I finished my interview, but my case status showing still showing interview scheduled
Mine on 31 july after couple hours chnge to decision pending , how long your already ?

Please feel free to share your stories, especially if you’re also waiting for a decision from the Arlington, VA office.
Hi, I had my interview in Arlington in January this year, filed for asylum in August 2017. Still waiting for a decision, at this point it is very frustrating having to wait an uncertain amount of time for a decision in my case.

I
Hi, I had my interview in Arlington in January this year, filed for asylum in August 2017. Still waiting for a decision, at this point it is very frustrating having to wait an uncertain amount of time for a decision in my case.
I’m heavily considering filing for mandamus. My attorney says in order for the lawsuit be successful, the judge takes into consideration the full amount of time it’s passed since I filed my asylum application, and not the 7 months since the interview. So, I’ll give it a couple of months only. I’m really tired of waiting honestly.