Waiting Asylum decision

My status got updated to Decision was mailed, then Fees were waived, now I don't see fees were waived but it shows fingerprints were taken. Do you think it's an approval for sure?
I think it's a good sign.
Based on your previous messages, you had interview 3-4 weeks ago in Newark?

It’s approval because after the decision, your new EAD card under category A05 will be issued now, whose fee was waived and the next step is your finger prints applied to process the card issuance. That’s why your status changed frequently.

Then, it could be good news because they must have done some updates to your EAD card. It could be the category from C8 to A5! However, I have to admit that the updates on June 22 were quite out of context. You would not automatically get a new EAD after you were granted asylum. You must renew it or apply along with I-485. I hope you have good news!
Received my asylum grant letter with I-94 17-days after my asylum interview.
Also, I received a 5-year category A5 EAD 2-days after I got my asylum grant letter. You automatically get a category A5 EAD after your asylum is granted. I have 2 valid EADs that expire in 2029, category C08 and A5.
If your status online changes to something along the lines "We waived the filling fee for your form I-765, application for employment authorization." it means your asylum was granted.

I went to my local social security office and got an unrestricted social security (card without the "VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION"). Card was delivered to me today.

Reactions: CWH
Received my asylum grant letter with I-94 17-days after my asylum interview.
Also, I received a 5-year category A5 EAD 2-days after I got my asylum grant letter. You automatically get a category A5 EAD after your asylum is granted. I have 2 valid EADs that expire in 2029, category C08 and A5.
If your status online changes to something along the lines "We waived the filling fee for your form I-765, application for employment authorization." it means your asylum was granted.

I went to my local social security office and got an unrestricted social security (card without the "VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION"). Card was delivered to me today.
Big congratulations

Hello members
Hope everyone is doing well.
I have a quick question. My friend just got the asylum denial notice and referral to courts. His interview was in Newark last year April.
He has a C-1/D visa (seamen). Hsi lawyer said that usually people with this visa category are never granted asylum on the table however strong the case is, and are always sent to the courts. Is this information from his lawyer accurate ?

Hello members
I have a quick question. My friend just got the asylum denial notice and referral to courts. His interview was in Newark last year April.
He has a C-1/D visa (seamen). Hsi lawyer said that usually people with this visa category are never granted asylum on the table however strong the case is, and are always sent to the courts. Is this information from his lawyer accurate ?
Anyone with a crewmen visa always finds themselves in a challenging situation with the adjustment of status. My friend's husband was denied a (immediate relative) green card because of the visa. I cannot say about asylum, but it is likely true. Your friend was inspected for work purposes, so it didn't sound logical that he had been persecuted or had well-founded fear at home.

Anyone with a crewmen visa always finds themselves in a challenging situation with the adjustment of status. My friend's husband was denied a (immediate relative) green card because of the visa. I cannot say about asylum, but it is likely true. Your friend was inspected for work purposes, so it didn't sound logical that he had been persecuted or had well-founded fear at home.
Most likely it’s a weak or fake asylum story!

Hello members
I can’t understand how they made people wait more than 1 year to just give denial. This shows that long waiting time doesn’t mean approval.

I can’t understand how they made people wait more than 1 year to just give denial. This shows that long waiting time doesn’t mean approval.
Exactly, and the decision was given one month after he contacted congressman. Otherwise I am pretty sure they would have been holding it for more longer.

Guys please help!!, i have a friend that was reffered to court, his charging document had 1 charge. Does that mean there are no other hidden charges somewere? Or that 1 charge is all he will face in court.

@Everyone
Please Please share if you know anything about a mandamus petition against San Francisco asylum office after interview for prolonged decision pending ? I want to know the prospects it has been 2.5 years since my interview and am so tired of waiting.

@Everyone
Please Please share if you know anything about a mandamus petition against San Francisco asylum office after interview for prolonged decision pending ? I want to know the prospects it has been 2.5 years since my interview and am so tired of waiting.
I believe consensus is that you can do MA after 1 year of waiting.
Did you do all pre-requisites?
- USCIS Request
- USCIS Ombudsman Request
- Congressman/Senator Request

This is so scary for me because I interviewed in the same Newark office April last year and still waiting for decision. I reached out to congressman and two weeks ago I received a letter from him with uscis explaining why decisions might take time .I am so afraid.

That's a crazy long wait for a decision. Did you get your decision yet?

I had my Interview on June 10, 2024. I sent them them an email inquiry about the decision on June 17, 2024 which they replied same day. I followed up same day asking about a timeline of when I might expect to receive the decision, they replied on June 20, 2024 saying "Your case is continuing processing and adjudication to finalize a decision. Once we receive all pending, required information, it will be served to you by mail."

Yesterday, June 22, 2024, I checked online and it says the following:
June 22, 2024 We received your case and waived the filling fee for your form I-765, application for employment authorization.
June 22, 2024 New card is being produced.
June 22, 2024 You completed your interview with USCIS.
June 22, 2024 We reached a decision in your case. You should expect to receive a decision shortly.
June 22, 2024 The fingerprints relation to your form I-765 application for employment authorization, were taken.
congratulations!!!
what office?

- USCIS Request
- Congressman/Senator Reque

- USCIS Request
- Congressman/Senator Request
I did sent couple of emails and I got no reply for San Fransisco office. I also contacted the Congressman and nothing is changed. I never tried Ombudsman. QUESTION FOR YOU Is it a must to do this all for Mandamus petition ? Please advise. Thank you so much for replying.

Last edited: