Waiting Asylum decision

Received my asylum grant letter with I-94 17-days after my asylum interview.
Also, I received a 5-year category A5 EAD 2-days after I got my asylum grant letter. You automatically get a category A5 EAD after your asylum is granted. I have 2 valid EADs that expire in 2029, category C08 and A5.
If your status online changes to something along the lines "We waived the filling fee for your form I-765, application for employment authorization." it means your asylum was granted.

I went to my local social security office and got an unrestricted social security (card without the "VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION"). Card was delivered to me today.
Did they give a hard time at the SSN office? Mine were saying I will still get a a card with Valid for work only with DHS authorization

Did they give a hard time at the SSN office? Mine were saying I will still get a a card with Valid for work only with DHS authorization
No, they didn't. I just handed her my I-94, she updated the number on her computer and told me I'll receive a new card in the mail in about 2-weeks. I got the card after 4 business days.

HI everyone,
I have a question, I did my interview July 2022 and I filed for Mandamus in 1st week of June 2024, I received a email tru my lawyer to go to SF office for my son to do ID verification which I did today, Has anyone been in that situation before

HI everyone,
I have a question, I did my interview July 2022 and I filed for Mandamus in 1st week of June 2024, I received a email tru my lawyer to go to SF office for my son to do ID verification which I did today, Has anyone been in that situation before
Did your son turn to 18 or 21 recently ?

Hello,

I received the following from the congressman office as a response to an inquiry on my behalf: "Hi xxxx. I receive an update from the State Department and unfortunately, there is nothing new to share-it’s still going through administrative processing/security checks. I wish I had better news for you. I will follow up in 90 days unless we hear something sooner."

I am wondering why she stated that the update she received is from the state department? What does that mean? What is the link between the state department and my asylum case that is with USCIS? Your thoughts please??

Note: case filed Aug 2020 interviewed Aug 2022 Chicago Office, case status was reading decision is pending until Jan 2024 changed to application is pending

Last edited:
Hello,

I received the following from the congressman office as a response to an inquiry on my behalf: "Hi xxxx. I receive an update from the State Department and unfortunately, there is nothing new to share-it’s still going through administrative processing/security checks. I wish I had better news for you. I will follow up in 90 days unless we hear something sooner."

I am wondering why she stated that the update she received is from the state department? What does that mean? What is the link between the state department and my asylum case that is with USCIS? Your thoughts please??

Note: case filed Aug 2020 interviewed Aug 2022 Chicago Office, case status was reading decision is pending until Jan 2024 changed to application is pending
you shouldn't even worry or complain!!! some other folks applied since 2016 and 2017 and still waiting or just got decisions recently!!

you shouldn't even worry or complain!!! some other folks applied since 2016 and 2017 and still waiting or just got decisions recently!!
Weird! You were the biggest advocate on this forum for mandamus for delayed processing and now you see I shouldn't even worry or complain!! wonder what made you change your tone?!!

Anyway, a writ of mandamus is underway

Weird! You were the biggest advocate on this forum for mandamus for delayed processing and now you see I shouldn't even worry or complain!! wonder what made you change your tone?!!

Anyway, a writ of mandamus is underway
don't get me wrong, i wish you all the best but 4 years in the asylum journey isn't that long anyway but yeah you can sue them!!! again i didn't mean anything personally i was just declaring that 4 years ain't that much!

don't get me wrong, i wish you all the best but 4 years in the asylum journey isn't that long anyway but yeah you can sue them!!! again i didn't mean anything personally i was just declaring that 4 years ain't that much!
In 4 years someone can graduate from college!! plus everyone has his own critical circumstances.
Anyway, I appreciate your wishes and really need it

Hello Family,

Has anyone experienced questions about previously working more than one job (moonlighting) at a time? As per my understanding, it is not illegal to work multiple jobs simultaneously.
Please let me know if anyone has encountered this questions during interview.

Hello Family,

Has anyone experienced questions about previously working more than one job (moonlighting) at a time? As per my understanding, it is not illegal to work multiple jobs simultaneously.
Please let me know if anyone has encountered this questions during interview.
They didn’t ask me. But I told them I was working on a part time job when I had a full time one. I don’t think it’s a big deal. Totally legal