Waiting Asylum decision

I had once consulted with an attorney, you have the opportunity to modify as long as the decision is not made.
Totally agree. I added spouse after interview after 2 years of waiting of decision and still waiting for decision or maybe another interview because maybe spouse should be interviewed too. He made biometrics and got EAD for 5 years

Hey everyone. Has anybody here had an interview this year at the Miami office? How long did it take for you to get a decision?
I was finally called for an interview from the short-notice list in March, after a 10 year wait. It's been more than 3 months now and the decision is still pending. I read on another forum that someone filed a mandamus lawsuit, then was called for an interview in 2 weeks and received a decision in 2 months. I really want this to be over, it's exhausting
I am waiting for more than 2 years… Already added spouse, so lots of changes in life while waiting

- Could you please share your experience if you happened to file a WOM for delayed decisions or know someone who has done it? and what was the outcome? Respectfully, for delayed decisions only.

- Also, are there any resources available out there to help preparing the lawsuit with reasonable fees?

- Is it possible that someone can prepare the lawsuit on his own?

Your replies highly appreciated
I have question, if to send them email with details and one sentence “I have intention to file Mandamus” will it work? No fees)

hi everyone, I interviewed at Arlington office on 6/26/2024. Waiting for decision now. I saw a lot of people have long waiting time for decision. My question is if it lasts years and I get married with US citizen, is it possible to apply marriage green card while I’m waiting for asylum decision?

hi everyone, I interviewed at Arlington office on 6/26/2024. Waiting for decision now. I saw a lot of people have long waiting time for decision. My question is if it lasts years and I get married with US citizen, is it possible to apply marriage green card while I’m waiting for asylum decision?
Marriage green card and asylum totally different category, I believe you can always marry a citizen and get the card and withdraw your asylum case.

I believe it shouldn't be an issue to adjust your status.
The only problem might be if you were in illegal state in US.
In example: you came with tourist visa, overstayed 6 month period, applied for asylum after that.

Last edited:
I believe it should be an issue to adjust your status.
The only problem might be if you were in illegal state in US.
In example: you came with tourist visa, overstayed 6 month period, applied for asylum after that.
Thanks for your reply. I think you are right. let’s see how it goes. Hope I got decision soon.

Thanks for your reply. I think you are right. let’s see how it goes. Hope I got decision soon.
Fingers crossed. I'm in the same boat but in Newark office.
I want to correct myself above: "It shouldn't be an issue as long as you maintained legal status".
My friends did this process several times and had no problems.