Waiting Asylum decision

Has anybody received a decision after asylum interview in the Arlington Office in January this year? I had my interview almost 6 months ago, and still no response, I know it’s probably too early. But it’s a pretty unsettling wait.

Has anybody received a decision after asylum interview in the Arlington Office in January this year? I had my interview almost 6 months ago, and still no response, I know it’s probably too early. But it’s a pretty unsettling wait.
Here is a post from immigration attorney that works in jurisdiction of Arlington Office.
"The Arlington Asylum Office just had a meeting where they said that the median wait time between an interview and a decision is 55 days, meaning that half the people wait less than 55 days and half wait more than 55 days. I doubt that has much meaning for other asylum offices, as they are all different, and my experience is that my clients – who tend to come from countries that require a more thorough security background check – tend to wait longer than that. Anyway, for what it’s worth, that is what they say."
I think you can start inquiring about your decision.

Hello folks, I was at the Houston asylum office to request an update regarding the after interview decision (interview date : 8/15/2024). I was told that my case is pending final decision. What does this mean. Is this a good or bad sign or it does not really matter ?
That's a crazy long wait for a decision. Did you get your decision yet?

I had my Interview on June 10, 2024. I sent them them an email inquiry about the decision on June 17, 2024 which they replied same day. I followed up same day asking about a timeline of when I might expect to receive the decision, they replied on June 20, 2024 saying "Your case is continuing processing and adjudication to finalize a decision. Once we receive all pending, required information, it will be served to you by mail."

Yesterday, June 22, 2024, I checked online and it says the following:
June 22, 2024 We received your case and waived the filling fee for your form I-765, application for employment authorization.
June 22, 2024 New card is being produced.
June 22, 2024 You completed your interview with USCIS.
June 22, 2024 We reached a decision in your case. You should expect to receive a decision shortly.
June 22, 2024 The fingerprints relation to your form I-765 application for employment authorization, were taken.

Attachments

• IMG_6652.jpg
    IMG_6652.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 20

I had my Interview on June 10, 2024. I sent them them an email inquiry about the decision on June 17, 2024 which they replied same day. I followed up same day asking about a timeline of when I might expect to receive the decision, they replied on June 20, 2024 saying "Your case is continuing processing and adjudication to finalize a decision. Once we receive all pending, required information, it will be served to you by mail."

June 22, 2024 We received your case and waived the filling fee for your form I-765, application for employment authorization.
June 22, 2024 We reached a decision in your case. You should expect to receive a decision shortly.
June 22, 2024 The fingerprints relation to your form I-765 application for employment authorization, were taken.
It seemed to me the updates were about your EAD card, not the asylum decision.

Received another biometrics appointment two weeks after I had my interview at the Newark Asylum Office. The first one was a few years ago. Not sure why and if it's a positive or negative sign. Not update in the case, decision is pending.

It seemed to me the updates were about your EAD card, not the asylum decision.
I did not reapply for an EAD. I received my category C08 EAD on June 13, 2024. I'm confused why they're sending me another EAD when I got one valid for 5-years 9-days ago.

Attachments

• 36aa24bc-3ce1-4d3d-a594-55e393509717.JPG
    36aa24bc-3ce1-4d3d-a594-55e393509717.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 14

When did you file your case?

I did not reapply for an EAD. I received my category C08 EAD on June 13, 2024. I'm confused why they're sending me another EAD when I got one valid for 5-years 9-days ago.
Then, it could be good news because they must have done some updates to your EAD card. It could be the category from C8 to A5! However, I have to admit that the updates on June 22 were quite out of context. You would not automatically get a new EAD after you were granted asylum. You must renew it or apply along with I-485. I hope you have good news!

Congratulation… Your asylum case is approved. Get ready to celebrate.

Did you request status update? File mandamus?
Sent emails, called uscis, sent an outside of processing time inquiry, asked status update thru congressman. They all responded with same automated message. Wanted to do mandamus but most of attorneys said that it is early yet.

Sent emails, called uscis, sent an outside of processing time inquiry, asked status update thru congressman. They all responded with same automated message. Wanted to do mandamus but most of attorneys said that it is early yet.
7-months after interview without a decision is absurd.

12 days after my interview, my case status online changed to "We received your case and waived the filling fee for your form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization." "We reached a decision in your case. You should expect to receive the decision shortly."