Waiting Asylum decision

Can't add my case to online account I can only check the status on egov.uscis.gov which is currently showing application pending.
I can't say for other asylum case interviews result, but I almost certain in 3 weeks time(based on what your attorney and AO said) you'll get the result, because your interview is after the mandamus, I'm sure they won't delay any longer. Hang in there.

Hey been on pending interview for 7 years now. No improvement at all. Asylum case. The situation is that my grandma is really sick back home and I know if anything bad happens to dad he has to leave but at the same time he is worried that we would lose our case since our whole family is under his application. Morally there is no way I want to let dad be away from his mom if anything bad happens. I just want any advice from anyone on if there is anything we can do to prepare ourselves beforehand if dad has to go see his mom for the final time. Or is there any one time grants we can get from the government for him to legally go see his mom. Any advice is appreciated.
Sorry to know about your situation but unfortunately, there is no way. I couldn't understand your point whether you are the principal applicant or your dad. But in bother cases, no option for you guys to leave the country till the asylum case is done. Also there is no exception in case of illness of for any family member back in the home country. Even if the applicant leaves the country on advance parole, DHS will not allow him/her to re-enter n the US on the grounds that he implicitly no longer fear of persecution in his home country. So there is no solution but wait. If not, then you have open option to go back, in that case it will be considered that you have abandoned the asylum application.

HI All, I am following this forum since long. This is a very useful forum for asylum seekers to discuss and exchange their knowledge, ideas and experiences, they were/are facing during their asylum case. This is my first post. Just want to share my experience with you guys. I filed my case in 2016 and interviewed in Aug, 2022. With the blessing of GOD my case has been approved and finally last week I got my approval. I didn't hire any attorney. I prepared my case by myself. I did a lot of research work about processing of asylum application/interview, EAD, GC and filing of derivative family member (follow to join) petition.

HI All, I am following this forum since long. This is a very useful forum for asylum seekers to discuss and exchange their knowledge, ideas and experiences, they were/are facing during their asylum case. This is my first post. Just want to share my experience with you guys. I filed my case in 2016 and interviewed in Aug, 2022. With the blessing of GOD my case has been approved and finally last week I got my approval. I didn't hire any attorney. I prepared my case by myself. I did a lot of research work about processing of asylum application/interview, EAD, GC and filing of derivative family member (follow to join) petition.

Congratulations! Which office?

Hey been on pending interview for 7 years now. No improvement at all. Asylum case. The situation is that my grandma is really sick back home and I know if anything bad happens to dad he has to leave but at the same time he is worried that we would lose our case since our whole family is under his application. Morally there is no way I want to let dad be away from his mom if anything bad happens. I just want any advice from anyone on if there is anything we can do to prepare ourselves beforehand if dad has to go see his mom for the final time. Or is there any one time grants we can get from the government for him to legally go see his mom. Any advice is appreciated.
You should try to see with an immigration attorney what can be done. You can try to expedite on the grounds of a family members poor health. Now if that does not work I do not know if you can file for mandamus at this stage of the process but that would be your best bet since it will basically force them to process and complete your case. The best thing you can do is talk to an attorney. There is a blog called the asylumnist, there is an attorney there that takes question from any users, you can go there and post a question he will respond with some advice.

Congratulations did you file any inquiries for expediting asylum decision?

Any idea if its fast now at SF? What kind of cases SF is taking now;' I mean I heard that they're giving priority to Afghan applicants. Anybody filed in few months ago, are they getting interviews or they just getting back in line?

Any idea if its fast now at SF? What kind of cases SF is taking now;' I mean I heard that they're giving priority to Afghan applicants. Anybody filed in few months ago, are they getting interviews or they just getting back in line?
Right now they are busy with Ukrainian refugees. Maximum of their resources and officers are busy to deal with them. So it will take time. Be patient and Pray...God will do better.

Hello everyone,
My friend and his apply applied for affirmative asylum on January this year. Since then they haven’t received any receipt notice or anything from USCIS.
They have contacted their congressman and ombudsman but receive zero help/assistance.
Can anyone please tell what they should do now ?
first of all, this is unbelievable that they didn't receive response form USCIS. I think there is something wrong with the application. Secondly, if congressman escalated his enquiry to asylum office, typically they respond within 60 days. This is not possible the USCIS even didn't respond congressman enquiry. So my advice is to call congressman office to apprise the status of their enquiry. I don't believe all this. Something is wrong on the part of your friend(s).

Hello, I've been following this forum for a long time ,and with the information I got from here , I made FOIA request 1 month ago and they sent answer of request ,they found my asylum case application form ,they sent it me , which was 38 page , and there is decision approval date January 28 2019 , it’s just 6 days later of my interview date ,
My asylum interviewed was January 22 2019
But when I checked my case online , it’s just pending , what should i do now? I am writing this news only 30 minutes after receiving this news, I am excited, Do you think everything is positive?

Hello, I've been following this forum for a long time ,and with the information I got from here , I made FOIA request 1 month ago and they sent answer of request ,they found my asylum case application form ,they sent it me , which was 38 page , and there is decision approval date January 28 2019 , it’s just 6 days later of my interview date ,
But when I checked my case online , it’s just pending , what should i do now? I am writing this news only 30 minutes after receiving this news, I am excited, Do you think everything is positive?

I really hope the final decision is approval as well!

So all the documents you had is only 38 pages?

Which office?

Last edited:
I really hope the final decision is approval as well!

So all the documents you had is only 38 pages?

Which office?
Attachments not included,
We have completed the review of all documents and have identified 38 pages that are responsive to your request. Enclosed are 38 pages released in their entirety.
Los Angeles

If you didn't receive your decisions till now although your documents showing it is approved already, my advice is that you should immideately contact your congressman and escalate your matter to USCIS. If the decision has already been made and your case is approve then it doesn't make any sense to hold the decision. So, don't waist your time, go ahead and get your decision. This is too much. You have waisted your precious three years just for nothing. Contact to congressman, he/she will get decision for sure.

Congratulations, I also applied for interview Que Ans list by FOIA and got PDF copy online, but not found approved or denied kind of dates or signs anywhere. Can you please help me how to find it ?

Congratulations, I also applied for interview and got PDF copy online, but not found approved or denied kind . Can you please help me how to find it ?

I let to know my law firm about FOIA answer , law firm answer is The attorney stated that what he can tell from the evidence provided is that your asylum case is pending, so it's ok for you to proceed with the EB-2 NIW.
Actually this law firm is not related my asylum case , I didn’t hire for Asylum , I didn’t have a lawyer for asylum case , I prepared myself ,but after all these years, when there was no answer for Asylum case , I signed with a law firm last year for EB-2 NIW and still preparing documents , it’s been almost 10 months , anyway When the lawyer's answer today is not satisfactory,I contacted congressman today, I posted a picture, this is the bottom of the first page of my asylum file ,I don't know if I misunderstood ,I was so excited

Attachments

• D1ACAF5B-4120-4061-9BD3-EE7CBF4A74AF.jpeg
    D1ACAF5B-4120-4061-9BD3-EE7CBF4A74AF.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 81
I let to know my law firm about FOIA answer , law firm answer is The attorney stated that what he can tell from the evidence provided is that your asylum case is pending, so it's ok for you to proceed with the EB-2 NIW.
Actually this law firm is not related my asylum case , I didn’t hire for Asylum , I didn’t have a lawyer for asylum case , I prepared myself ,but after all these years, when there was no answer for Asylum case , I signed with a law firm last year for EB-2 NIW and still preparing documents , it’s been almost 10 months , anyway When the lawyer's answer today is not satisfactory,I contacted congressman today, I posted a picture, this is the bottom of the first page of my asylum file ,I don't know if I misunderstood ,I was so excited
Good News!!!