VSC I-485 RFE Sent and waiting for response TRACKER

Just found the magic approval email from VSC in my inbox!!! :D

This case has been approved. On June 30, 2005, an approval notice was
mailed....

The email was sent at 20:15 :)

I sent a fax of expidite request to VSC on Monday, but I already gave up hope of being approved before the end of June. I also contacted my congressman's office, but the person in charge of immigration is on vacation. Another person was willing to help, but he does not even know what is VSC. I am not sure if it is my fax that triggered the approval, but this is really exciting!

The status of my spouse's case didn't change, hope it was also approved...

And good luck to every one here!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Ilfang,

Congrats. Enjoy the freedom.

VA_CH, I dialed the number and options as you have mentioned and it directly took me to VSC Rep. Then I gave her my EAC# even before she asked. Then she said give me a minute. She came back and asked me "what Can I do", then I said, we have applied 140/485 concurrently, 140 got approved and no change in 485 except FP received message. (Note that I spoke about me as I am dependent, my spouse is primary and they issued RFE for my spouse not for me) Then she said everything looks good with your case. then I asked her about my spouse, she said she cannot give specifics about the case as my spouse is not there on the phone alnog with me. But she said they got the RFE and it is waiting for the officer(who issued RFE ) to pick up. She also said she is not sure of the time frame as she is not aware of the officers work load. Lets hope officer gets time after this July 4th BBQ.

All the best folks

rrcreddy4 said:
Hello Ilfang,

Congrats. Enjoy the freedom.

VA_CH, I dialed the number and options as you have mentioned and it directly took me to VSC Rep. Then I gave her my EAC# even before she asked. Then she said give me a minute. She came back and asked me "what Can I do", then I said, we have applied 140/485 concurrently, 140 got approved and no change in 485 except FP received message. (Note that I spoke about me as I am dependent, my spouse is primary and they issued RFE for my spouse not for me) Then she said everything looks good with your case. then I asked her about my spouse, she said she cannot give specifics about the case as my spouse is not there on the phone alnog with me. But she said they got the RFE and it is waiting for the officer(who issued RFE ) to pick up. She also said she is not sure of the time frame as she is not aware of the officers work load. Lets hope officer gets time after this July 4th BBQ.

All the best folks
Thanks.

Congrats

ilfang said:
Just found the magic approval email from VSC in my inbox!!! :D

This case has been approved. On June 30, 2005, an approval notice was
mailed....

The email was sent at 20:15 :)

I sent a fax of expidite request to VSC on Monday, but I already gave up hope of being approved before the end of June. I also contacted my congressman's office, but the person in charge of immigration is on vacation. Another person was willing to help, but he does not even know what is VSC. I am not sure if it is my fax that triggered the approval, but this is really exciting!

The status of my spouse's case didn't change, hope it was also approved...

And good luck to every one here!!!

Congrats!
Is it possible to post what steps you followed for the expedited request and what did you write on the FAX and what FAX number you used.
Thanks

Hi VA_CH,
The fax was sent to (802)527-4816. I used a template found in this forum. For your convenience I attached it below:

==============================================
To: USCIS Vermont Service Center
Attention: Expedite Request
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001
Fax: (802)527-4816

Date: 06/27/2005

Attention: Mr. Paul Novak, Director

Subject: Request to Expedite Adjudication of Pending I-485 Petition

Dear Mr. Novak,

Adjudication of our I-485 petition is delayed by more than 16 months compared to the current processing times published by Vermont Service Center (06/21/2005).

Primary Applicant Petition details as follows:
Name: XXX DOB: XXX
Receipt #: XXX
A#: XXX
Notice Date: XXX
Priority Date: XXX
Finger Print Status: XXXX
FBI "Name Check" Status: XXXX
RFE response received on: XXX

Derivative Applicant Petition details as follows:

Reasons for Expedite Request:
- Adjusication of the petitions delayed beyond the current processing dates published by Vermont Service Center.
- The EB-3 category has reached its annual limit and no further FY-2005 allocation is possible for the period July through September. If our cases are not expedite, we have to wait till FY-2006.
- The delay in adjudicating the petitions is causing us financial expenses to apply for multiple EAD's and APs.

(you can list other reasons...)

In view of the above, I would kindly request you to look into our cases and approve at the earliest.

Thanks in advance.

Very truly yours,

Name
Email: XXXX
Fax: XXXX Phone: XXXX

Thanks a lot.

ilfang said:
Hi VA_CH,
The fax was sent to (802)527-4816. I used a template found in this forum. For your convenience I attached it below:

To: USCIS Vermont Service Center
Attention: Expedite Request
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001
Fax: (802)527-4816

Date: 06/27/2005

Attention: Mr. Paul Novak, Director

Subject: Request to Expedite Adjudication of Pending I-485 Petition

Dear Mr. Novak,

Adjudication of our I-485 petition is delayed by more than 16 months compared to the current processing times published by Vermont Service Center (06/21/2005).

Primary Applicant Petition details as follows:
RFE response received on: XXX

Derivative Applicant Petition details as follows:

Reasons for Expedite Request:
- Adjusication of the petitions delayed beyond the current processing dates published by Vermont Service Center.
- The EB-3 category has reached its annual limit and no further FY-2005 allocation is possible for the period July through September. If our cases are not expedite, we have to wait till FY-2006.
- The delay in adjudicating the petitions is causing us financial expenses to apply for multiple EAD's and APs.

(you can list other reasons...)

In view of the above, I would kindly request you to look into our cases and approve at the earliest.

Thanks in advance.

Very truly yours,

Name
Email: XXXX
Fax: XXXX Phone: XXXX

Just received approval emails for my spouse's case too. :) This is the best gift for the coming july 4th! :p

Congrats to all who got approvals and Happy 4th of July.

Hopefully next week brings the good news the remaining folks.

VA_CH,Ziv hang in there we should be next week.

Have fun

Did anybody get 485 approvals yesterday? So can we consider that nobody is going to get approved till visa numbers are made available ?

Nope my friend,

I am just waiting to see either LUD or approval. Good luck. VA_CH , any luck of contacting VSC

Thanks

Saw one approval

rrcreddy4 said:
Nope my friend,

I am just waiting to see either LUD or approval. Good luck. VA_CH , any luck of contacting VSC

Thanks

Saw one approval Dancingdesert in NIW EB2 category. Got the emails last night.
Nothing yet for me. VSC cust service did not help. Sent an expedited FAX request yesterday. Dont know if that will move things along or not. Will keep you posted.
AD

Hello VA_CH thanks for the update. Lets hope for the best. I am not sure whats going on with my case.....

Good luck

Nothing for me today

rrcreddy4 said:
Hello VA_CH thanks for the update. Lets hope for the best. I am not sure whats going on with my case.....

Good luck

Hi RRC
nothing for me today. I crossed the 3 weeks mark after RFE receipt.
Getting a little anxious with the situation.

Hello VA_CH,

Same here. Almost 3weeks since we sent our RFE. I think you can raise a status inquiry as you are outside the processing dates published by VSC. In my case, I can't , as I am still within the window.

I need to wait for new dates. Anyway, lets see what happens. Good luck

Good luck

VA_CH and RRcReddy,

Good luck to both of you. I can see you counting days, I did so too, especially on account of being EB3.

Hello Carbon,

Did you call VSC for this. You are about to complete 2 months since you sent the RFE. So I think you should call VSC to see whats going. Looks like one person got all our cases.

Good luck

maybe we can find out

rrcreddy4 said:
Hello Carbon,

Did you call VSC for this. You are about to complete 2 months since you sent the RFE. So I think you should call VSC to see whats going. Looks like one person got all our cases.

Good luck

I dont know if the officer haas a number. I have seen people refffering to officer number. I have a number 423 on the bottom right hand side on the RFE. It is present on both mine as well as my spouses one. Please check yours and see what it says there. Maybe it is nothing.

Hello VA_CH,

I do not have my RFE. My attorney took care of it.

I am just thinking to call VSC again just to see whats going on. Lets see. keep me posted of any changes.

Good luck

No progress today also....

rrcreddy4 said:
Hello VA_CH,

I do not have my RFE. My attorney took care of it.

I am just thinking to call VSC again just to see whats going on. Lets see. keep me posted of any changes.

Good luck