VSC I-485 RFE Sent and waiting for response TRACKER

Hello VA_CH,

I too don't see any activity now a days.

In my case only my spouse got the RFE. I am a dependent and I did n't get any RFE.

I am just wondering if I can call VSC today to see if I can get any update.

Lets see.

Good luck everybody.

Thanks

Could you please update what you leanred if you end up calling. I tried couple of times but the Cust. Rep wasnt helpful and as 60 days have not passed after the RFE receipt, I cannot make a case of that. I have to wait to see if anything happens by today. if nothing happens, then they did not consider my faxed request for expediting. In the website it says that you should hear something in 72 hrs after sending the FAX. So waiting (cant say ) patiently.
Thanks

Hello VA_CH, No use today. The VSC rep(a guy) said for status I should check online and he cannot give any info. Anyway, lets see..

Good luck

good luck to you too. Are we the only two left in this forum? Everyone seems to be very quite or others awaiting desicion after RFE have been approved. Dont know which is true.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello VA_CH, I think there are a few like us. This week is over and we have to wait for next week.

Have a nice weekend

thanks

I am also here...

rrcreddy4 said:
Hello VA_CH, I think there are a few like us. This week is over and we have to wait for next week.

Have a nice weekend

thanks
But since I am EB3 I really don't have a chance of anything happening. No LUDs for me this week. I know that if I do see any LUD it will probably just be a LUD w/ no message, as they may re-sort the files and put all EB3 in a "Do Not Open Until 10/01/05" box.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for both of you, VA_CH, and rrcreddy4. Hopefully you'll hear something soon.

Hope it brings positive news

rrcreddy4 said:
All right folks,

One more fresh week to start with.

Lets see what happens. Good luck to everyone.

thanks

Please keep me updated if you hear anythingthing.
Best of luck to everybody waiting.

Thanks VA_CH, I will update you if I hear anything. So far not even an LUD. I have no idea whats going on. I am not even sure if they are working at all.

Good luck Folks

Please help

the response to my rfe for I485 was received by uscis on May 25, 2005. Its been almost 6 weeks but i have not heard anything so far. Is this normal? I am starting to get worried now. Mine is a EB2 category. When i called them the rep told that the file was assigned to officer on June 6. Even then it has been almost 35 days but nothing so far. Please suggest what are my options now.

Hello HaveMercy,

I am not sure whats going on with Officers at VSC. Even mine is waiting for the officer to pick it up. They don't have EB3's now and mine is EB3 Sch. A which is current. I think you should call them and ask if there is any issue.

Good luck

Rfe Lud

I see a lot of people have one or several LUD (no message change) after the RFE LUD (message change to RFE received), but very few of them were approved 3-15 days later. Most of them are still waiting. What is happening? What does these LUD mean?
My information:
EB2-NIW
I140 approved on March, 2004.
I485 ND: 21/10/04
RFE received by VSC on 7/7/05 (LUD,message change to RFE received)
7/8/05 (LUD, no message change), 7/11/05 (LUD, no message change).

LUDs probably does not mean anything

benjamin1001 said:
I see a lot of people have one or several LUD (no message change) after the RFE LUD (message change to RFE received), but very few of them were approved 3-15 days later. Most of them are still waiting. What is happening? What does these LUD mean?
My information:
EB2-NIW
I140 approved on March, 2004.
I485 ND: 21/10/04
RFE received by VSC on 7/7/05 (LUD,message change to RFE received)
7/8/05 (LUD, no message change), 7/11/05 (LUD, no message change).

One theory could be that the third LUD is when the case is sent back to the officer who asked for the RFE. Again this does not hold true for everyone because RRC did not get the 3rd LUD but customer rep told RRC that the case is waiting to be picked up.
What sort of RFE did you get? The most surprising thing was they wanted letter from propective employer though my case was NIW where you theoritically dont have to have a job offer. Probably the officers dont really read the petition.
Hope for the best.

RFE detail

Hi, VA_CH,
Thanks for the reply.
Here are my I485 RFE detail:
1. A letter from my University stating that I have kept my F1 visa status and was a full-time student until my graduation (I got my Ph.D from a University in USA and my I140 was approved before my graduation).
2. 2004 Federal Tax return.
3. Past 3-week pay stub (I am a postdoc at another University in USA now).

Was reading the link below as to why is the delay in the RFE reply.
http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/index.htm

what is the proper mailing envelope are tehy talking about. I thought they wanted the original RFE paper and the documents requested. ??

Any guesses ??????

Requests for Evidence (RFEs):
When an application or petition is not immediately adjudicable, a request for additional evidence or other documentation is generated. The applicant/petitioner has 12 weeks to respond. During that time, s/he may:

Submit all of the requested evidence,
Submit some or none of the requested evidence and ask for a decision based upon the record, or
Withdraw the application or petition.
If a correction is needed to the petition or application, a photocopy of the form will be included with the request for evidence. The correction can be made on the photocopy and then will be included in the formal USCIS file of your case.

NO extension of this twelve-week response time is possible. Please also note that NO interim benefits will be granted during the time waiting for additional evidence to be submitted. If a response is not received within the time limit, the case will be considered abandoned and denied; the denial may not be appealed. NOTE: IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT THE LETTER REQUESTING EVIDENCE BE RETURNED WITH THE EVIDENCE AND THAT THE SPECIAL MAILING ENVELOPE PROVIDED BE USED. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL DELAY PROCESSING OF THE CASE AND MAY RESULT IN A DENIAL DUE TO ABANDONMENT. Evidence submitted without the letter and/or proper return mailing envelope will be difficult to match up with the pending case and may be treated as general correspondence.

My case was approved today but.......

rrcreddy4 said:
Thanks VA_CH, I will update you if I hear anything. So far not even an LUD. I have no idea whats going on. I am not even sure if they are working at all.

Good luck Folks

Hi RRC
My case was approved today. Got couple of mails at 4:13PM informing about the approval. Unfortunately, my wifes case has the same message. Probably FAXed expedite request worked. The irony is that I was visiting the local congressmans office asking for their help around the time the mail probably came. Anyway, still anxious for my wifes case. I will probably call VSC tomorrow to know about the case.
Hope your case gets approved soon.
Will keep in touch and give you updates on my case.
Best of luck to you and others waiting for their approvals.

Hello VA_CH,

CONGRATS ...CONGRATS.......

Good luck for your wife's case.

I am just looking forward to mine now....

Good luck folks....

Expedite processing

rrcreddy4 said:
VA_CH,

Can you share your expedite script with me. I will try tomorrow.

Thanks

This was posted by ilfang. I used that template
Hi VA_CH,
The fax was sent to (802)527-4816. I used a template found in this forum. For your convenience I attached it below:

==============================================
To: USCIS Vermont Service Center
Attention: Expedite Request
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001
Fax: (802)527-4816

Date: 06/27/2005

Attention: Mr. Paul Novak, Director

Subject: Request to Expedite Adjudication of Pending I-485 Petition

Dear Mr. Novak,

Adjudication of our I-485 petition is delayed by more than 16 months compared to the current processing times published by Vermont Service Center (06/21/2005).

Primary Applicant Petition details as follows:
Name: XXX DOB: XXX
Receipt #: XXX
A#: XXX
Notice Date: XXX
Priority Date: XXX
Finger Print Status: XXXX
FBI "Name Check" Status: XXXX
RFE response received on: XXX

Derivative Applicant Petition details as follows:
Name: XXX DOB: XXX
Receipt #: XXX
A#: XXX
Notice Date: XXX
Priority Date: XXX
Finger Print Status: XXXX
FBI "Name Check" Status: XXXX

Reasons for Expedite Request:
- Adjusication of the petitions delayed beyond the current processing dates published by Vermont Service Center.
- The EB-3 category has reached its annual limit and no further FY-2005 allocation is possible for the period July through September. If our cases are not expedite, we have to wait till FY-2006.
- The delay in adjudicating the petitions is causing us financial expenses to apply for multiple EAD's and APs.

(you can list other reasons...)

In view of the above, I would kindly request you to look into our cases and approve at the earliest.

Thanks in advance.

Very truly yours,

Name
Email: XXXX
Fax: XXXX Phone: XXXX