VSC I-485 RFE Sent and waiting for response TRACKER

Thanks VA_CH, Your wife case should get approved in a day or so.

My ND is 12/28/2004 where as VSC processing date is 8/19/2004. Do you think I should be able to send this fax. The reasons I can think of are, "EB3 Sch. A" is current and economical losses due to multiple EAD's. I am still on my first EAD.

Please suggest me. If it makes sense I will send it across.

Apprecaite your reply,

thanks

rrcreddy4 said:
Thanks VA_CH, Your wife case should get approved in a day or so.

My ND is 12/28/2004 where as VSC processing date is 8/19/2004. Do you think I should be able to send this fax. The reasons I can think of are, "EB3 Sch. A" is current and economical losses due to multiple EAD's. I am still on my first EAD.

Please suggest me. If it makes sense I will send it across.

Apprecaite your reply,

thanks
Yeah, that could be a potential problem but if you can show them that not getting green card is having an adverse effect on your job, that could be a very convincing argument.
In my case I had cited that not having permanent residency makes you unable to apply for NIH fellowships which are important for your future carrier and there was a august deadline coming up soon. I dont know if they really considered that or not. Try to see if you can come up with something like that. In the case of ILFANG, the case was almost 16 months past due and they could cite it easily and say that they are being subjected to apply for multiple EADs and also June 30th deadline also probably clinched it.
I called up VSC today. Initially the lady was hesitant to give out information but finally yielded and said that your wifes case is still under review and you should get it within the next couple of weeks. Lets see what happens.
In any case, I believe they are going to take up all the pending cases. I was very desperate because I wanted to change Jobs but did not want to get the green card process confused due to address change etc.
I Will keep you posted and best of luck to you. hopefully they will deal with your application before the end of this week as it would be almost a month after they received your RFE.

LUD again

Did anybody see a LUD today (without message change)? I was wondering whether my latest 2 LUDs were routine re-arrangment of files or this is my-case specific? though I know these LUDs may not mean much, but who knows?

Hello VA_CH and others,

I spoke to the VSC rep today and he said there are around 50 cases before me at the officer who has issued an RFE for my case. He said it may be a month before anything can happen. So I am just going to wait and watch. Good luck Folks

Good Job, Reddy

rrcreddy4 said:
Hello VA_CH and others,

I spoke to the VSC rep today and he said there are around 50 cases before me at the officer who has issued an RFE for my case. He said it may be a month before anything can happen. So I am just going to wait and watch. Good luck Folks
You seem to have better luck. You are able to get more info than I could. Like I said earlier some reps are OK but some are not so forthcoming. The reason is, they do not understand the situation/changing sceanarios the applicants go through. for example: I need to travel outside. My AP is about to expire and I have to work around that. I ended up paying atleast $300 and 2 weeks of time to get tickets matching my requirements. Not to mention the $500 I am paying for renewals. The last time I spoke to an immigration officer, she made me feel so bad for calling twice in two weeks. I do not want to mention all that I think about such "important" people as they might be reading these forums and will be hard on the next line of callers. Again all these issues are because of lack of transparency in the process. Govt offices are the same all over the world.

Thanks Edgar,

Lets see when they finish 50 cases. I am surprised, people who replied RFE after me got Approved. Its all the "typical" INS work. Lets see.

Wife approved today 7/18/05

VA_CH said:
Hi RRC
My case was approved today. Got couple of mails at 4:13PM informing about the approval. Unfortunately, my wifes case has the same message. Probably FAXed expedite request worked. The irony is that I was visiting the local congressmans office asking for their help around the time the mail probably came. Anyway, still anxious for my wifes case. I will probably call VSC tomorrow to know about the case.
Hope your case gets approved soon.
Will keep in touch and give you updates on my case.
Best of luck to you and others waiting for their approvals.

Thanks

rrcreddy4 said:
VA_CH,

Congrats and enjoy

Thanks. I still dont know why things are moving so slow.
Hope you guys get out of this loop soon. It took almost 2 years for me.
Surprisingly I got another approval notice on 18th and another Card ordered message.
Best of luck to you.

joining the group

Hi, Dear All:

I am joining the group. Congrats on VA_CH's approval.
Hope he is not leaving the board too soon...
Many people get approved and go on with their new life.

My situation is:
NIW 140 and 485 concurrently filing on 07/02/04.
140 AD and FP on the same day 04/04/05. (just coincidence)

485 LUD:
04/04/05, /04/05/05, (no msg, may be because of 140 approval.)
04/07/05 (RFE for medical)
04/18/05, 04/19/05 (FP results come back)
04/20/05, 04/21/05 (RFE recvd)
04/26/05, 04/27/05 (no msg)
then nothing so far..... almost 3 months now.... Waiting is suffering ....

They requested medical (which I have not done before) on
04/07/05, and I sent out very quickly and they recved on 04/20/05.
Now 60 days already passed. I have talked to my lawyer,
he says since the processing date is just 08/19/04, which
is just one month more ahead of mine, I shall still wait for some time.
What do you guys think, any comments are high appreciated.

Wish all good luck on this board. Thanks.

Thanks, really hooked to this forum! not easy to leave

niwseeker2004 said:
Hi, Dear All:

I am joining the group. Congrats on VA_CH's approval.
Hope he is not leaving the board too soon...
Many people get approved and go on with their new life.

:) Calling CIS customer service is a good idea specially when your case has been delayed for quite a while. I have done it quite a few times. I have been lucky couple of times and unlucky couple of times. SO it is a 50 50 chance that you might get to speak with a rep who could be helpful. I had called on may 26 and the rep had said that my attorney would hear something in couple of weeks. true to their word, I received the RFE on june 2.
:rolleyes: I was really frustrated with my attorney because they will always follow a fixed pattern and not give you a personal touch to the dealings with you. So in this case you might just have to be proactive because it is your case.

:confused: I tried couple of things. First I sent out an expedited fax saying how getting green card at this stage this month helps me filing fellowship application whose deadline was august 5. I also mentioned that I would be proabably approved soon anyway but getting it now helps me immensely.

The other thing was I went to the local congressmans office and luckily the lady who deals with his affairs is THE PERSON for the congressman who deals with immigration stuff. Surprisingly my 485 was approved during the time I was talking to her but incidently my wifes case was pending which then got approved on 18th. Again, I got the approval message and card ordered message all over again. I believe as everything was clear for our case and probably the congressional enquiry really helped in my wifes case getting cleared without much delay. Dont know for sure what worked but at the end of it finally the case was approved.

You will find expedited fax format if you are interested from post of ilfang earlier in the forum addressed to me.
Anyway best of luck.

Hello VA_CH,

Its very nice to see your posting. thanks for hanging on to this forum.

I spoke to my attorney and he says he will sned a letter next week.

But I am thinking of expedited fax. But since my case is filed in last week of 2004 and VSC processing date has not crossed, i am just puzzling what to put in the expedited fax. For this I am the derivative and my wife is the primary. The only thing I can say is eventhough it is EB3, it is a Schedule A case and it is current. I can also say that I am now on EAD and getting GC will help me not to renew EAD etc. Anything else you can think please PM me.

Thanks and Have a nice day, Good luck Folks

Thanks, VA_CH

Thanks, VA_CH. Thanks for your reply and encouragement.
I will probably call them next week.

Today, VSC update the processing date, but 485 has no change.
It's seems that a lot of cases are stuck on their desks.

I quite don't understand why a lot of cases filed in 2005 have
been approved?? What's is their standard to approve a case.

Best wishes to your new life, VA_CH.

Decision time

How long it usually takes for VSC to make a decision after VSC receives the requested RFE documents?

Thanks,

Hello LCSilence,

Thats depends, it may take a week to months. You can see my dates as an example. Ours is Schedule A case.

I have been told that the person who issued RFE has around 50 cases pedning. I may have to wait for one more month.

good luck to you

April 2003 RFE received on 27SEP2004 still Pending as on 27JULY2005

EB-3 I-140 RD 11 March 2003, AD 5 March 2004 (NO RFE)
Priority Date 13 June 2000

I-485 RD 22 April 2003, RFE on 10 September 2004 for EVL, 2 Years W2, 2 Pay check Reply received by BY USCIS on 27 September 2004

I have send a fax to FBI on July 22 2004, FBI replies that my record check done on May 8 2003

Dear ......

This is in reference to your facsimile dated July 22, 2004, concerning your immigration status. The FBI completed a record check for you on May 8, 2003, and the results were forwarded to the USCIS.
Sincerely yours,
David M. Hardy

Status enquiry on 6 December 2004
Reply by USCIS : Our computer systems show that application is currently under review. Please allow a minimum of 60 days to hear from this office.

Yes I have faxed to the Local Senator Office.

For Expedite Request answer from USCIS on April 2005

Upon reciept of your letter requesting expeditious handling, this matter was reviewed and a determination was made that it met the criteria for special handling.

The petition/application will be reviewed and you should be receiving notification from this office very shortly.

I have to find a solution now ? Corporate Attorneys only what to delay the process it is pure consultancy business