VSC 2003 by sampling scanning

> BTW, any idea if they lowered the max # scans per IP per day? I
> seem to be getting locked out at around 150 - 200 cases lately...

And they will lower it to 10 or even zilch if their servers continue to be peppered by unreasonable numbers of requests generated through your 'scanning' activities.

hadron dude

Since you seem to be so smart and licensed-to-scan, why the hell dont you post your results here so others dont have to.

hadron said:
> BTW, any idea if they lowered the max # scans per IP per day? I
> seem to be getting locked out at around 150 - 200 cases lately...

And they will lower it to 10 or even zilch if their servers continue to be peppered by unreasonable numbers of requests generated through your 'scanning' activities.

Afaict, the servers are handling things just fine. I for one find the information that these scans give us (coupled with the various trackers) very useful -- the dates that the USCIS puts out don't help that much.

ETA

Hi fams,

You're scanning a day I have in the database EAC03135xxxxxx (check in my posts, I scan every fifth day and 135 is among them), so we're posting redundant info. Try if you want a day between or after 215 ...

scan for EAC03217....

can someone please scan for this date... I see that lot of august cases are getting finger printing too.

Can anyone offer tips?

Hi Guys ... can you offer any tips on how to scan efficiently? For a start, how to select the digits after EAC-03-155-XX-XXX? What do the 9th and 10th numbers signify ... and how to select them? Also, about the last three digits ... is there any pattern for I-485 cases? Or do you guys go through each and every number? Your inputs would be highly appreciated!

kian said:
can someone please scan for this date... I see that lot of august cases are getting finger printing too.

Just so you know what you are asking for: I've been scanning cases from 10/23/03 and I expect it to take me 3 weeks...

Unless someone has access to proxy IPs or can change their IP, we are limited to 200 cases per IP per day and there can be something like 6000 numbers to try...

Your best bet is probably to figure out how to use the scanning program then do it yourself.

I'm not trying to sound mean or anything -- I'm assuming that you didn't know what is involved...

More importantly, you might be fine just looking at one of the days slightly before yours that nemessis is already scanning. In fact, looking 1-2 weeks before the date of interest might give you advance warning about when things might reach that date...

ETA

Shaf said:
Hi Guys ... can you offer any tips on how to scan efficiently? For a start, how to select the digits after EAC-03-155-XX-XXX? What do the 9th and 10th numbers signify ... and how to select them? Also, about the last three digits ... is there any pattern for I-485 cases? Or do you guys go through each and every number? Your inputs would be highly appreciated!

I've been using numbers from 50000 through 55999 for XX-XXX. I've yet to hear of any cases with XX-XXX outside this range. I'm guessing that the USCIS starts with 50000 for cases (of all types) on a given day and generally never receives more than about 6000 cases for any day.

When looking for cases on a given day, yes, we do go through every number looking for cases (e.g. I-485's). There's no pattern that I'm aware of, although sometimes it seems like there are no cases before or after a subset of the complete range so I generally start somewhere in the middle (e.g. 52000) and work forward and backwards.

ETA

scan

I've been logged out of the USCIS server for teh past 3 days total.Is this normal? Or has somethin happened to my computer?
fams

fams said:
I've been logged out of the USCIS server for teh past 3 days total.Is this normal? Or has somethin happened to my computer?
fams

I'm assuming you mean "locked" out :)...

Yeah, this can happen. I think that checking to see whether you are still locked out might trigger another 24 hour lockout period. Give it at least 24 hours since the last time you tried accessing it then try again. If you are still locked out, wait 48 hours etc.

ETA

fams said:
fams

That is perfectly alright. You will get it up and running by tommorow. If you want to run scan that often then try using dialup connections, where you get new IP address everytime you log in.

ETA-GC said:
FYI I've started scanning for I-485 cases with a ND of 10/23/03 (my own I-140 / I-485 ND). It's going to take a while as I'm looking for all cases in 0401650000 through 0401655999 and I can only do about 250 cases per day (500 if I check from home also).

Update:

I've now got about 220 cases for 10/23/03. It's been going very slowly since I seem to get locked out if I try to do more than 200 cases even in a 48 hour period (I haven't figured out the exact pattern yet). e.g., if I scan 190 cases at 6pm, I can't scan another 190 cases the next day even at 7pm.

At this point I've now started scanning cases from 08/25/03. My plan is to have about 200 cases from this day also and to scan these on a regular basis to look for progress. Hopefully this should serve as an early-warning system for 10/23/03 cases (along with the scans that nemessis has been doing through July 03).

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
can somebody scan for I-485, 031415****, or if you do not have time, could you please tell me how to scan?

Thanks.

Educate me on how to scan it and I will put in multiple machines doing this job daily...

ETA-GC said:
Just so you know what you are asking for: I've been scanning cases from 10/23/03 and I expect it to take me 3 weeks...

Unless someone has access to proxy IPs or can change their IP, we are limited to 200 cases per IP per day and there can be something like 6000 numbers to try...

Your best bet is probably to figure out how to use the scanning program then do it yourself.

I'm not trying to sound mean or anything -- I'm assuming that you didn't know what is involved...

More importantly, you might be fine just looking at one of the days slightly before yours that nemessis is already scanning. In fact, looking 1-2 weeks before the date of interest might give you advance warning about when things might reach that date...

ETA

Update

The highest activity moved from march 2003 to Apr-May, the transfers hit the end of June, the FPs are converting to Resumed maybe now it’s the moment for the rest of July noFP fillers to get the FP since they are getting close with the processing ... good activity for 2002 also.

FH-MIET said:
I-485 scan results for EAC03203 on 09/15/2004

Thanks -- looks like most of these cases have been "touched" -- FP sent/received or case transferred. I'm guessing (perhaps incorrectly) that most of the cases which are still showing "Received" have probably had FP sent but the online message wasn't updated.

ETA