VSC 2003 by sampling scanning

nemessis said:
The highest activity moved from march 2003 to Apr-May, the transfers hit the end of June, the FPs are converting to Resumed maybe now it’s the moment for the rest of July noFP fillers to get the FP since they are getting close with the processing ... good activity for 2002 also.

Thanks nemessis -- I always look forward to your updates :).

ETA

You're welcome :) sorry for the delay I changed the strategy a little bit ... scanning from work in the evening ... faster scanning but takes more time overall ;)

ETA-GC said:
Thanks nemessis -- I always look forward to your updates :).

ETA

nemessis said:
The highest activity moved from march 2003 to Apr-May, the transfers hit the end of June, the FPs are converting to Resumed maybe now it’s the moment for the rest of July noFP fillers to get the FP since they are getting close with the processing ... good activity for 2002 also.

I just heard about this forum and I saw nemessis's excellent work. I have some quetsions.

I-485 Recipt date June'2003. I-140 approved in 02/2004.
went me and my wife for FP in Apr' 2004.
my I-485 LUD is still 03/01/2004, no change till now.
but my wife's LUD after FP is changed to 05/2004 with resume status.

Does this mean they have not yet received my FP till today.

Thanks

nemessis said:

You have done a tremendous technical/data gathering job - can we now talk about the implications of the information:

1. Is there a significant correlation between the FP activity (peak) and actual approval/transfer of cases? Can you run a historic analysis of the average wait times between the two events (i.e. FP received and Approved/Transfered status)?

2. Is there any supporting scan evidence that CIS is currently woring/approving AUG-02 cases? From what I see - they are all over the grid.

Again - many thanks for all your hard work!!!

Alex

See below:

alexginga said:
You have done a tremendous technical/data gathering job - can we now talk about the implications of the information:

1. Is there a significant correlation between the FP activity (peak) and actual approval/transfer of cases? Can you run a historic analysis of the average wait times between the two events (i.e. FP received and Approved/Transfered status)?

I usually look over the date when the status of an application changes, for example from Resumed to Approved, or Received to FP sent or something else ... what I can tell is that there is no obvious correlation between the FP and transfers ... there is a Transfers wave somewhere in Apr-June 2003 and the latest FP wave was up to mid July ... the only correlation I can imagine would be that when the transfer wave is close to the cases without FP another Fp wave will be generated ...

2. Is there any supporting scan evidence that CIS is currently woring/approving AUG-02 cases? From what I see - they are all over the grid.

I don't know about Aug 2002, I have data only from Oct 2002, but check Kashmirs' posts, he did a complete scan a few weeks ago up to Feb 2003

Again - many thanks for all your hard work!!!

Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
PhillyKP said:
Not all, but hopefully most cases from that date...

Thanks PhillyKP. I'm guessing though that this may be only 1/4 or less of the cases from that date? Most days that I've looked at have many more I-485 cases than the 64 that you found per day. For example, for 10/23/03, I only scanned about 2/3 of the cases in the range 50000 - 56000 and found over 200 cases and on 08/25/03 I've found 118 cases so far with a lot of ranges to scan still.

ETA

Update Sept 27

Some “minor” modifications from the last update:
- first I extended the database until Aug 26th
- in the first spreadsheet alongside the “Completed” and “FP” graphs, I plotted another one with Approved, Transferred, Denied and Completed to see the distribution of each from total per day
- same things in the second spreadsheet only for the cases processed since the previous post

Unfortunately it looks like the “May-June wave” is losing strength, but the Oct-Jan is still very strong, not only in transfers but approvals also, maybe because they have to report at Oct 1st the processing date of Jan 1st 2003 ?

ETA-GC, PhillyKP, FH-MIET and others who have scanned data, feel free to take the file and add your updated data and upload it again ...
Cheers,
nemessis

ETA-GC said:
Thanks PhillyKP. I'm guessing though that this may be only 1/4 or less of the cases from that date? Most days that I've looked at have many more I-485 cases than the 64 that you found per day. For example, for 10/23/03, I only scanned about 2/3 of the cases in the range 50000 - 56000 and found over 200 cases and on 08/25/03 I've found 118 cases so far with a lot of ranges to scan still.

ETA

You're right in that these are not all the cases from that day. I don't know about the absolute number of cases filed that day. I am still in the process of scanning. As you know, one can only scan < 200 cases per day, and I can't do it everyday for certain reasons. These are only cases between 52500 and 54500. Cases that day start at 50000 and I'm not sure how high they go.

However, I hope that this data is at least something that Nemessis can use in his analysis.

K

PhillyKP said:
You're right in that these are not all the cases from that day. I don't know about the absolute number of cases filed that day. I am still in the process of scanning. As you know, one can only scan < 200 cases per day, and I can't do it everyday for certain reasons. These are only cases between 52500 and 54500. Cases that day start at 50000 and I'm not sure how high they go.

However, I hope that this data is at least something that Nemessis can use in his analysis.

K

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. It's taking me so long to scan for cases on 08/25/03 and 10/23/03 that I've decided to stop when I have about 200 active cases for each day. This way, I can re-scan these once every few days or so between the 2 systems that I have access to.

ETA

Hi ETA-GC,

I'll do the scan for Sept, to have the entire 2003 year, try then to do the scan for Oct ... I cannot scan 2004 ...

nemessis

ETA-GC said:
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. It's taking me so long to scan for cases on 08/25/03 and 10/23/03 that I've decided to stop when I have about 200 active cases for each day. This way, I can re-scan these once every few days or so between the 2 systems that I have access to.

ETA

nemessis said:
Hi ETA-GC,

I'll do the scan for Sept, to have the entire 2003 year, try then to do the scan for Oct ... I cannot scan 2004 ...

nemessis

Thanks. Even having Aug/Sep 2003 is very helpful (for me) in that progress in these months should (hopefully) be reflected in Oct 2003 a month later.

ETA

statistics for 08/25/03 and 10/23/03 cases

Statistics for cases with ND of 08/25/03 (244 cases) and 10/23/03 (235 cases). I'll be updating these periodically (with a "diff") so people with a ND somewhere between these dates might have a better idea of progress towards their case (my ND is 10/23/03). Not sure of the format yet -- this is just a text file with the summaries for now.

ETA

Hi All,
My AD is 8/26/04. Got the I551 stamp on 9/7/04. LUD changed to 9/14/04. When can i expect to receive my plastic card in the mail?
Thanks.

Goober

goober71 said:
Hi All,
My AD is 8/26/04. Got the I551 stamp on 9/7/04. LUD changed to 9/14/04. When can i expect to receive my plastic card in the mail?
Thanks.

Goober

Dude,
Why are you so self-obsessed to post such a query in the VSC sampling scanning thread?
Pls check the appropriate thread for Plastic card and post.

Posts like this raise the BP of frustrated guys in the forum

Nope ... I was pretty busy in the last weeks and it looks like the situation won't be better in the future also ... if somebody wants to take over pm me and I'll send you the database. There are ~16000 cases now.

nyte_crawler said:
nemessis, any updates ?

Activity for 08/25/03 ND cases

Since the last time I scanned (10/08/04), 13 cases were updated (3 cases were approved, 1 transferred, 4 RFE's, 5 FP recvd). At this point, 13.23% of the cases for that day have seen activity since I started checking these cases for changes on 09/30/04, althought the main stat to notice is that 3.70% of the cases for that day have now been "processed" (approved / transferred / denied).

ETA