VSC 2003 by sampling scanning

kian said:
I would like to scan EAC032175.... cases. what do I need to do...

I think there's info on scanning in the I-140 FAQ section (or search for it). You just use an Excel macro to do it but it can take a long time to get all the cases for a single day unless you have additional machines or can change your IP. It took me about 3 weeks to get about 200 cases for 08/25/03.

ETA

Thanks... will check out eac03217....
let me know if anyone needs this data.

ETA-GC said:
I think there's info on scanning in the I-140 FAQ section (or search for it). You just use an Excel macro to do it but it can take a long time to get all the cases for a single day unless you have additional machines or can change your IP. It took me about 3 weeks to get about 200 cases for 08/25/03.

ETA

joyd said:
Can someone please scan EAC032455 series...

thanks

Hey joyd.

FWIW, the cases that I've been scanning (08/25/03 = EAC032395xxxx) are from just 6 days earlier and will probably be almost as useful as scanning the date that you are interested in (as far as trying to predict things goes).

ETA

ETA-GC said:
Hey joyd.

FWIW, the cases that I've been scanning (08/25/03 = EAC032395xxxx) are from just 6 days earlier and will probably be almost as useful as scanning the date that you are interested in (as far as trying to predict things goes).

ETA

Oh Ok! Thanks ETA-GC!

Update Oct 25

Guys, because of the recent developments (new processing date for I485 reported as June 2003 etc) I did an effort and I scanned/updated the database. It looks like there is a big push for after May 2003 cases, the cases that are processed at the second location but also good activity for "first wave" Nov-March. Added another 2 dates, 245 and 250. That's it, next update after ThanksGiving in the case I won't be approved by then :D

nemessis said:
Guys, because of the recent developments (new processing date for I485 reported as June 2003 etc) I did an effort and I scanned/updated the database. It looks like there is a big push for after May 2003 cases, the cases that are processed at the second location but also good activity for "first wave" Nov-March. Added another 2 dates, 245 and 250. That's it, next update after ThanksGiving in the case I won't be approved by then :D

Once again, thanks for the time that you've put into this -- IMO this remains one of the best ways to see what the VSC is *really* up to...

ETA

nemesis and ETA-GC

what has happened to April case, if there are two waves...one for Nov-March and other Post May 2003. I hope USCIS hasn't forgotten April cases....each center thinking other center is looking after that month. :confused: :confused:

rajudm said:
what has happened to April case, if there are two waves...one for Nov-March and other Post May 2003. I hope USCIS hasn't forgotten April cases....each center thinking other center is looking after that month. :confused: :confused:

Even though there might be some months which are getting more attention than others, there seems to be activity in just about every month. e.g. in April, there were 75 approvals and 33 transfers since the last month.

As nemessis' data shows, there is even activity for 08/26/03 (4 approvals and 8 transfers in the last month). My guess is that the VSC is scanning ahead looking for cases which they can approve / transfer / deny with little effort (e.g. "easy" cases depending on the type of employment, whether the applicant has moved / filed AC-21 etc.). Those "unlucky" cases which remain unprocessed are handled slightly later.

ETA

any updates on my case EAC032055

Guys,
most of the people from July 03 have been approved. My LUD changed about 15 days back saying that they have reviewed my fp and the case has been resumed.
Since then there is no update. Can someone help me in finding about what going on with July 03 cases.

Regards,
abhi

abhichicago said:
Guys,
most of the people from July 03 have been approved. My LUD changed about 15 days back saying that they have reviewed my fp and the case has been resumed.
Since then there is no update. Can someone help me in finding about what going on with July 03 cases.

Regards,
abhi

Huhn? Based on the data that nemessis posted and from the various trackers, I'd bet that fewer than 30% of the July 03 cases are "complete" (and most of those are probably transfers to local offices rather than approvals)...

The VSC's official processing date is only up to 06/01/03...

There are also many people from January 2003 or even from 2002 who aren't approved yet.

For your ND, while it's *possible* that you could be approved soon, I'd allow for this taking another 2-5 months (and possibly longer if the VSC doesn't hit their goal of processing all April - October 2003 cases by March 2005).

You're in the same boat as many, many people -- at best, once the VSC reaches your ND, you can try to initiate a status inquiry 30 days after that (or maybe it's 60 -- I'm not sure).

ETA

Recent activity for 10/23/03 I-485's

See the attached file. It looks like there were 2 approvals yesterday but not much activity overall since the last time I scanned about a month ago (9 cases changed their LUD / message).

This is out of a total of 196 cases that I'm tracking. So far there are 2 approvals and 5 cases which were transferred.

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
Recent activity for 07/03/2003 I-485's

Approved -26
FP sent - 21
Misc -5
Received - 22
FP received -113
Transferred-56
Total-243

7 approvals from 10/26/2004 !!!

Finally!!

All -

Happy to say that my I485 FINALLY got approved: thank GOD for mercy and finally freedom from this process (almost). Online status only so far - I haven't received the notices in the mail yet.

Does anyone know what happens next? When does one get stamping, plastic card etc.? More forms to fill? More stages?

Wish you all the best, and thanks for sharing so much useful info!

---------------------
I 485 RD 5/13/03
FP1 5/3/04
FP2 9/13/04
LUD 9/28/04
LUD 10/27/04
I 485 AD (online status only) 10/27/04

---------------------------

arbee said:
Happy to say that my I485 FINALLY got approved

Not the best place to post this but congrats and I'll update the 2003 I-485 tracker at http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=952838#post952838.

Your approval notice should tell you when / where to arrange an appointment (via Infopass) for stamping. You'll need to bring passport style photos.

Eventually you'll receive the physical green card -- I'm not sure how long these are taking lately (check the green card tracker thread).

ETA