VSC 2003 by sampling scanning

nemessis

Registered Users (C)
#41
I pasted here ETA-GC explanation of how to use the attached macro (I modified it a little bit for 485 cases):

"Sorry I missed this earlier. Here's the "raw" scan macro (attached).

Make sure you have macros enabled in Excel. Under Tools->Macro->Macros select the macro you want to run (e.g. I485Scan - the macro has a shortcut Ctrl+q).

Click Run.

Enter yy-ddd to scan. Note that the year starts on Oct. 1 and that ddd only seems to include working days (more or less). The date comes from the Notice Date (ND) for the cases.

So, to scan for cases with a ND of 10/01/03, I've been using 04-001. For 10/23/03 (my own ND), I'd use 04-016 (not 04-023 since ddd is the number of work days).

Now you'll be asked for the case # range. These usually seem to be in 50000 - 54000 or thereabouts. Don't specify more than about 250 cases -- after this you will be locked out for your IP (or perhaps your entire company / ISP IP) for some period of time).

If there are "hits" (e.g. an I-485 case is found), the results will be pasted into the spreadsheet. This should show the case EAC#, it's status and last updated date.

Afaik, there's no easy way to find all cases for a given day apart from the way I've been doing it (probe all case #'s from 50000 through 54000 in groups of 250).

Note, if you run the scan and then run it again for the same yy-ddd (or save the results from a search and load the scan again, it won't ask for a range -- it will use the EAC #'s which are already present from the previous scan.

This is good if you want to repeat a scan for previously found cases.

Otherwise, you can delete the sheet (right click on the tab at the bottom and delete it) and the scan will be done anew.

ETA"
 

nemessis

Registered Users (C)
#46
If you look at the first post you'll see that I am scanning from 001 every fifth day (005, 010, 015, etc up to 215). 128 isn't among them but you have as reference 125 and 130. You can scan 128, give me the result and I'll add it to the table.


parth_01945 said:
Hi, I have looked at your spreadsheet but I couldn't find out EAC03128XXXXX cases..Any thoughts?

Thanks
 

vijrek

Registered Users (C)
#49
Scan updates !

Nemessis, did you get a chance to scan this week, you haven't posted the weekly scan updates, Eagerly waiting to see the updates.

Thanks
 

nemessis

Registered Users (C)
#50
Sorry, I didn't have time this week to finish, hope that next week-end won't be that busy ... I scanned only a few days in June and it seems that they moved with the massive transfers up to June 9th ...

vijrek said:
Nemessis, did you get a chance to scan this week, you haven't posted the weekly scan updates, Eagerly waiting to see the updates.

Thanks
 

kvasu9999

Registered Users (C)
#51
Scan Results

nemessis said:
If somebody wants to scan 2002 in the same manner (by sampling) I have the EAC#s from the whole year. Please let me know what date you want to scan and I'll e-mail you the EAC list.

Can you please please send me scan results for JUNE 19th 2003 (EAC-193).
my email: kvasu@hotmail.com

Thanks alot and appreciate your help.
-Vasu.
 

nemessis

Registered Users (C)
#52
June 19, 2003 is FY 2003 ... I don't have that data. I have the full year data for 2002 (Oct 1, 2001 - Sept 30 2002) ... sorry ... if interested please let me know

kvasu9999 said:
Can you please please send me scan results for JUNE 19th 2003 (EAC-193).
my email: kvasu@hotmail.com

Thanks alot and appreciate your help.
-Vasu.
 

nemessis

Registered Users (C)
#53
Aug 1st update

Same tendency is maintained although there was an increased # of approvals. I added a graph in the second worksheet to better visualize the activity since the last post ...
 

Baykarår ♥

Registered Users (C)
#54
Great work. Thanks.

Great work. Thanks.

nemessis said:
Same tendency is maintained although there was an increased # of approvals. I added a graph in the second worksheet to better visualize the activity since the last post ...
 

kian

Registered Users (C)
#55
Eac03217******

Mine was July 03 concurrent filing.... does anyone has any updates on these dates.... whats trend? what can be expected???
 

Hopes2003

Registered Users (C)
#56
Request for Nemessis - For EAC03-220

Hi Nemessis,

Really impressive work !! However, my I-485 number at VSC is " EAC03-220" and your spreadsheet has just ended at the border - "EAC03-215".

Will grately appreciate if you could add one more row for "EAC03-220".

Thanks a lot in advance !!
 

nemessis

Registered Users (C)
#57
Guys,

I takes a whole week-end for me to scan the ~14000 receipts in my database. I cannot do any more initial scanning ... that's the reason I am doing the update every other week-end to have at least a week-end to do some work for me also ... why don't you scan the date you are interested on and give me the updates so I can combine it with my scan ... anyway it looks like kashmir is doing a greater job, if he can scan all the dates we'll have a much better picture.

For kashmir: if you need my dates send me an pm and I'll send you the list to not scan redundantly ...

Hopes2003 said:
Hi Nemessis,

Really impressive work !! However, my I-485 number at VSC is " EAC03-220" and your spreadsheet has just ended at the border - "EAC03-215".

Will grately appreciate if you could add one more row for "EAC03-220".

Thanks a lot in advance !!
 

anxiousOR

Registered Users (C)
#58
Question

Hello Nemessis,

Really good work,appreciate it.
But I have some questions. What exactly are you scanning, all the EAC numbers? or just 140 cases, or 485 cases? Also for your result, like in FP column, the total is always less than 100%, what does that mean? Like for November,2002 the total number for FP is ~63%, where did the other 37% go? :confused:

Thank you again for the good work.
 

nemessis

Registered Users (C)
#59
I did the initial scan for all 485 and after that only the updates for that ... FP are not 100% because the rest are Approved/Transfered/RFE etc. % is from all aplications in that date.


anxiousOR said:
Hello Nemessis,

Really good work,appreciate it.
But I have some questions. What exactly are you scanning, all the EAC numbers? or just 140 cases, or 485 cases? Also for your result, like in FP column, the total is always less than 100%, what does that mean? Like for November,2002 the total number for FP is ~63%, where did the other 37% go? :confused:

Thank you again for the good work.
 

nemessis

Registered Users (C)
#60
Aug 16 update

For Approvals/Transfers: highest activity in March-June 2003 region (see spreadsheed 8_16_2004). In the second chart obviously the big peak for the new FPs. That is clear from the second spreadsheet also but I rescaled it to show the 2 approval peaks centered on March and May 2003. Smaller but I would say pretty good activity so far at VSC.
 
Top