• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Upcoming month's visa bulletin: MARCH 2014 ~ Discussion/Predictions/Chat

Vladek,
Where do you see explanation of DV related cut-offs in "THE OPERATION OF THE IMMIGRANT
NUMERICAL CONTROL SYSTEM" document?http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html

Yes, they mentioned 7 % per-country limit - but the whole document is about cut-off Dates (not cut-off case number).
This is how I read this document.
Experts, am I correct?

Thanks,

It does explain how the cuttoffs are operated for all the immigrant categories according to the visas availability and the demand!
However does not give us more infos that we know already !

Regatieka ;
Visa allotments for use during that month are transmitted to consular
posts. CIS requests visa allotments for adjustment of status cases only when all other case
processing has been completed.
In this part they are reffering to AOS which is part of dv so automaticly you can conclued that even dv
Is included . Its for the immigrants categories ...

Regatieka ;
Visa allotments for use during that month are transmitted to consular
posts. CIS requests visa allotments for adjustment of status cases only when all other case
processing has been completed.
In this part they are reffering to AOS which is part of dv so automaticly you can conclued that even dv
Is included . Its for the immigrants categories ...

All immigrant categories can do AOS as far as I understand. The long post copied from the visa bulletin explained, as already said, the process for determining other IV categories subject to priority dates, not DV where it is done a different way.

All immigrant categories can do AOS as far as I understand. The long post copied from the visa bulletin explained, as already said, the process for determining other IV categories subject to priority dates, not DV where it is done a different way.

sure, the adjustment of status is also forn all the categories of immigrant,and as isaid the aos is also part of dv. but the document in question includes dv process as you can see:
1. HOW THE SYSTEM OPERATES:
At the beginning of each month, the Visa Office (VO) receives a report from each consular post
listing totals of documentarily qualified immigrant visa applicants in categories subject to
numerical limitation. Cases are grouped by foreign state chargeability/preference/priority date

and the cutoffs of the dv usualy falls in the middle of the month but simon and gabam get its around the 8th !
The cut-off dates are the 1st, 8th, 15th, and 22nd of a month, since VO groups demand
for numbers under these dates. (Priority dates of the first through seventh of a month are grouped
under the 1st, the eighth through the fourteenth under the 8th, etc.)
i dont understand why do you say it doesnt include dv process if its all on the same page ? perharps you can elaborate eon it?

sure, the adjustment of status is also forn all the categories of immigrant,and as isaid the aos is also part of dv. but the document in question includes dv process as you can see:
1. HOW THE SYSTEM OPERATES:
At the beginning of each month, the Visa Office (VO) receives a report from each consular post
listing totals of documentarily qualified immigrant visa applicants in categories subject to
numerical limitation. Cases are grouped by foreign state chargeability/preference/priority date

and the cutoffs of the dv usualy falls in the middle of the month but simon and gabam get its around the 8th !
The cut-off dates are the 1st, 8th, 15th, and 22nd of a month, since VO groups demand
for numbers under these dates. (Priority dates of the first through seventh of a month are grouped
under the 1st, the eighth through the fourteenth under the 8th, etc.)
i dont understand why do you say it doesnt include dv process if its all on the same page ? perharps you can elaborate eon it?

The references to preference and priority date clearly do not apply to DV cases... If you look above the DV numbers at the other categories you'll see they are grouped this way in the bulletin. The priority date/cut-off date has nothing to do with when the bulletin numbers come out, the priority dates are the dates the family or employment-based immigration petition was approved, and when a date is earlier than the cut off then the case becomes current, similar to when a DV case number below the cut-off number becomes current. For example the priority date on our earlier F3 petition was 8 Dec 2008, still much later than the cut-off date for that category.

Last edited by a moderator:
The references to preference and priority date clearly do not apply to DV cases... If you look above the DV numbers at the other categories you'll see they are grouped this way in the bulletin. The priority date/cut-off date has nothing to do with when the bulletin numbers come out, the priority dates are the dates the family or employment-based immigration petition was approved, and when a date is earlier than the cut off then the case becomes current, similar to when a DV case number below the cut-off number becomes current. For example the priority date on our earlier F3 petition was 8 Dec 2008, still much later than the cut-off date for that category.

it seems so abvious to me that the dates matches with the dv process too! well i just emailed the nvcinquiry@state.gov > i will let you know about the outcome...
sussie thanks for being with us and helping us through this long dv game :) much appreciate

Thanks, Susie!

Everyone, I heard that as the case number goes up nepal distribution gets less as nepal distribution is more for low case number. So the cut off # flow might be different as we move further.

none from here can gurantee that for you... yeha tapailai kasaille tesko gurantee dina sakdaina sab jan ahami tapai ustai ho aba herdai jau kk hunxa..
Everyone, I heard that as the case number goes up nepal distribution gets less as nepal distribution is more for low case number. So the cut off # flow might be different as we move further.

Hello all,

My prediction for march is EU 27500--28000..
What do you think ?

Thanks in advance,

Hello all,

My prediction for march is EU 27500--28000..
What do you think ?

Thanks in advance,

It would be awesome, but the chance of that is very small. Based on past results, there is only about 1 in 15 or 1 in 20 chance that the rise goes higher than 5,000 each month. I say we'll be very lucky if we hit significantly higher than 25,000.

Hey Folks,

Managed to have a chat with someone in the US Embassy, Colombo. Got an indirect statement saying that there's an 80% chance that asia will go up by a very little as usual next month. more like 500-800. Its not confirmed as they wont guarantee this information cuz its more like inside information. Sorry Asians, looks like another slow month for us. but will keep this forum updated with any info i get.
cheers

I guess we will see Lionhawk, if thats the case I wonder if we will see the same in other regions.

I guess we will see Lionhawk, if thats the case I wonder if we will see the same in other regions.

AS region is clogged up with Nepal (and to a lesser extent, Iran) cases. So - unless they have a special cutof for Nepal (and perhaps Iran) AS progress will be slow - but that is not indicative of progress in all other regions.

Hey Folks,

Managed to have a chat with someone in the US Embassy, Colombo. Got an indirect statement saying that there's an 80% chance that asia will go up by a very little as usual next month. more like 500-800. Its not confirmed as they wont guarantee this information cuz its more like inside information. Sorry Asians, looks like another slow month for us. but will keep this forum updated with any info i get.
cheers

I wouldn't rule out this possibility but I think this is also a prediction. Visa slots normally will start to get consulate post allotment at the beginning of the month so she might not know how the numbers run up to this point. But it is a very good info. Thanks for sharing with us.