• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Up coming May month visa bulletin.

comment

Hello guys, I'm new on here and I really don't know how the calculation for the cutoffs and VB works my CN is AF00016*** and I'm a winner from Nigeria, does that mean I'm one of the 16th thousand winners in Nigeria
or Africa as a whole because I found out that the VB for Nigeria in. April is 11,600. Does anyone have an idea when I'm supposed to be expecting my interview?????????? Thanks guys.

Hello guys, I'm new on here and I really don't know how the calculation for the cutoffs and VB works my CN is AF00016*** and I'm a winner from Nigeria, does that mean I'm one of the 16th thousand winners in Nigeria
or Africa as a whole because I found out that the VB for Nigeria in. April is 11,600. Does anyone have an idea when I'm supposed to be expecting my interview?????????? Thanks guys.

Welcome
Yes your number is 16000 out of Africa region, but since you are from nigeria and nigeria is under special cutoff
You will have to wait untill nigeria reaches your number for you to be current.
Be patient :)

I think we all had a biased data, relying on a few hundred people assuming that it reflects the whole population of selectee in a region...like in a Nepalese facebook group, there are couple of hundreds of selectee where as the total selectees are 6082. The only thing is that more people joined the facebook arising from a certain case range (12-14K in case of Nepalese FB group) and this seems to be just a co-incident. Likewise in Iran, who knows that the case number might be distributed equally throughout 15k, with each 1K having 40% of selectee and we are again biased as none of the high cases or very few selectees joined the forum again assuming that there are no selectee above 10K in Iran.

If Oceania again doesn't have a big jump this time around I'd say it's all over red rover for me! (And the rest of us in the 2000s) :-/

Need information.

Hello friends,could anybody explain about the history of those countries in past(might be some African countries,Bangladesh etc) which had more than 5500 selectees.had some of those selectees been disappointed in the lack of interview at final stage?I am asking this question to generalize that event with present 2014 Dv case especially regarding Iran and Nepal.

Hello friends,could anybody explain about the history of those countries in past(might be some African countries,Bangladesh etc) which had more than 5500 selectees.had some of those selectees been disappointed in the lack of interview at final stage?I am asking this question to generalize that event with present 2014 Dv case especially regarding Iran and Nepal.

Iran last year reached quota on 20 Sept and remaining interviews were cancelled. Someone here a while ago posted a link to an article mentioning it had happened in Bangladesh (more than once I believe) too, when it was eligible. As I recall with Bangladesh it was similar to Iran in that it happened right near the end of the FY.

Then of course there are the precedents of the early-mid 2000s when entire regions were cut off at FY, including one year where they were all cut off. If vladek still has the link of the history of DV numbers perhaps he will post it - I can't remember what year that was.

Country with more than 5500 selectee is probably a country subject to limitation during selection. Some friends here believe that limit on selection is about 3500 Cases without dependent, and when you include dependent, it differs from country/region to another. Ghana this year had 3,945 selectee but we believe that Ghana is limited too but the dependent rate is so low comparing to other contries.

Any way, if you re thinking about country hitting the 3700 visa limit by the end of the year, i will say yes. Iran in DV-2013 is a good example. Even Asia was current, Iran inteviews was scheduled for september and canceled because of the country quota reached.

Iran last year reached quota on 20 Sept and remaining interviews were cancelled. Someone here a while ago posted a link to an article mentioning it had happened in Bangladesh (more than once I believe) too, when it was eligible. As I recall with Bangladesh it was similar to Iran in that it happened right near the end of the FY.

Then of course there are the precedents of the early-mid 2000s when entire regions were cut off at FY, including one year where they were all cut off. If vladek still has the link of the history of DV numbers perhaps he will post it - I can't remember what year that was.

I was typing my response, Thanks Susie