• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Up coming May month visa bulletin.

passport renewal

Where and when did you mention your passport number?
Did you apply your self or some agency did it for you?

hi Mr. vladek
i mentioned my passport number in the first entry form of the dv the one i got selected based on it by the computer
the other thing yesterday i called the embassy and spoke to a lady in the immigrant section i told her i want to double check the information of my interview appointment and she said what is your passport number it was nt wiyh me that time she said i can't give you any information unless you give me your passport number
my passport is worn out that's why i want to renew it
it is still has around two years of its validity
thank you vladek

So they were actually 9 short... I think it's safe to work on 3750 as maximum, as they do seem to take the total 55k including nacara as the benchmark.

Do you guys notice one thing? Iran hit the country limit and yet the Sept '13 bulletin show "Current" for Asia. In normal circumstances, it should show Iran - Unavailable but it didn't. So, I strongly believe that is adjustment made since there is still global quota available and this so called 250 extra visas from NACARA will handle differently.I might be wrong but I don't think it is a safe bet to put 3750 as country limit. If that is the case in DV14, all special countries will take up the NACARA quota.

iran quota was full on sep 21 for ur information
Do you guys notice one thing? Iran hit the country limit and yet the Sept '13 bulletin show "Current" for Asia. In normal circumstances, it should show Iran - Unavailable but it didn't. So, I strongly believe that is adjustment made since there is still global quota available and this so called 250 extra visas from NACARA will handle differently.I might be wrong but I don't think it is a safe bet to put 3750 as country limit. If that is the case in DV14, all special countries will take up the NACARA quota.

iran quota was full on sep 21 for ur information

Yes exactly - the September bulletin (published in July) did not take in to account that Iran would hit the limit mid way through September - so they cancelled the remaining scheduled interviews (and AP cases not decided yet would have lost out).

Actually i donot see any difference in between last year and this year DV... for asia only difference is Nepal 6k, 1700 more than last year due to which this year we have seen so many high cases above 10k , which was not the case last year....so i donot see any sense KCC have to keep special quota to fulfill the quota of 10k for asia as Nepal produce so high sucess rate and like 3600 are below 10k in asia of Nepal... ya while it reach 11k Nepal will finish its quota of 3500-3700 in between and asia will get healthy 10k people... I donot see KCC will do any major thing in asia even in next month or any months to follow... asia 11k will lead 10k visa

hi Mr. vladek
i mentioned my passport number in the first entry form of the dv the one i got selected based on it by the computer
the other thing yesterday i called the embassy and spoke to a lady in the immigrant section i told her i want to double check the information of my interview appointment and she said what is your passport number it was nt wiyh me that time she said i can't give you any information unless you give me your passport number
my passport is worn out that's why i want to renew it
it is still has around two years of its validity
thank you vladek

A pasport its just an ID show internationaly your identity, so you may change without a problem
If its damaged like you say than you better change it, just keep a photocopy of itand have it always with at
Your interview incase.
My friend i still didnt get in which part of your initial entry you had to mention your
Passport number !!!???? Because even on the ds230 form doesnt ask for it!

lol :p he might be talking about different because we donot need passport till medicals
A pasport its just an ID show internationaly your identity, so you may change without a problem
If its damaged like you say than you better change it, just keep a photocopy of itand have it always with at
Your interview incase.
My friend i still didnt get in which part of your initial entry you had to mention your

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually i donot see any difference in between last year and this year DV... for asia only difference is Nepal 6k, 1700 more than last year due to which this year we have seen so many high cases above 10k , which was not the case last year....so i donot see any sense KCC have to keep special quota to fulfill the quota of 10k for asia as Nepal produce so high sucess rate and like 3600 are below 10k in asia of Nepal... ya while it reach 11k Nepal will finish its quota of 3500-3700 in between and asia will get healthy 10k people... I donot see KCC will do any major thing in asia even in next month or any months to follow... asia 11k will lead 10k visa

It seem like you are suggesting Asia will stop at 11k CN. If is so simple, then we just look at DV13 and all regions will know where it stop. No need to analyze any CEAC data or do any predictions then.

ya almost all region will stop somewhere same as last year..
It seem like you are suggesting Asia will stop at 11k CN. If is so simple, then we just look at DV13 and all regions will know where it stop. No need to analyze any CEAC data or do any predictions then.

passport change

Your interview incase.

Mr. Vladek
I do appreciate your response, thank you
as for the passport number, they asked for it in the first entry form of the dv lottery when we fill it in October this is the first time and based on it we get selected or not by the computer worldwide. so you have to mention it when you first register for the dv lottery. The first entry form that we submitted electronically. Pls let me know whether you get it or not.
again thank you and best regards

Mr. Vladek
I do appreciate your response, thank you
as for the passport number, they asked for it in the first entry form of the dv lottery when we fill it in October this is the first time and based on it we get selected or not by the computer worldwide. so you have to mention it when you first register for the dv lottery. The first entry form that we submitted electronically. Pls let me know whether you get it or not.
again thank you and best regards

My friend listen there is no where absolutly noways they ask for pasport number on october electronic application ! Now I'm pretty sure you play via an other website which is not the official ! This is the right one and you don't pay nothing to suscribe:
https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/

Do you have you confirmation number by you ? And how did you now you won the lottery?

Yes exactly - the September bulletin (published in July) did not take in to account that Iran would hit the limit mid way through September - so they cancelled the remaining scheduled interviews (and AP cases not decided yet would have lost out).

The notice stated that even people who had been notified their ap had been completed lost out if their visas had not been issued yet...

The notice stated that even people who had been notified their ap had been completed lost out if their visas had not been issued yet...

Hmm... Interesting. If they cancelled scheduled interviews and then they published the visa issued for Iran is 3741, that mean they schedule more interview than needed. In this case, they might even schedule more than 3750 interviews. All the while I thought KCC can only schedule interview when they have visa slot from DOS. How can DOS issue more visa slot than available?

7% of 55000 is 3850, not 3750

Lol. Mental arithmetic fail :D

Hmm... Interesting. If they cancelled scheduled interviews and then they published the visa issued for Iran is 3741, that mean they schedule more interview than needed. In this case, they might even schedule more than 3750 interviews. All the while I thought KCC can only schedule interview when they have visa slot from DOS. How can DOS issue more visa slot than available?

Yes, and this happened to Bangladesh in previous years too. I presume they make some form of estimate of refusal rate when they do the calculations and when you are down to the wire, a few more approvals than you've factored in can lead to that situation. Another possibility is that people current in previous months suddenly realise they need to get their interviews in - I know someone who did that - had been current for months, only realised it in late July and still managed to get an interview and got a visa in September.

Lol. Mental arithmetic fail :D

Yes, and this happened to Bangladesh in previous years too. I presume they make some form of estimate of refusal rate when they do the calculations and when you are down to the wire, a few more approvals than you've factored in can lead to that situation. Another possibility is that people current in previous months suddenly realise they need to get their interviews in - I know someone who did that - had been current for months, only realised it in late July and still managed to get an interview and got a visa in September.

Plus they have the aos numbers to add in so they are not in 100% control of the process at the last couple of weeks - so I imagine they cutoff early, or just accept a slight wiggle room. Also remember babies and new spouses can in theory increase the numbers.

Plus they have the aos numbers to add in so they are not in 100% control of the process at the last couple of weeks - so I imagine they cutoff early, or just accept a slight wiggle room. Also remember babies and new spouses can in theory increase the numbers.

Well, I think we are going to see a lot of ugly scene this DV. :(

Few weeks ago you claimed that you had a phone conversation with KCC lady for 30 minutes. After that you're expecting causal numbers? Seems like having a conversation with KCC lady was a lie
ya KCC lady said a big jump will be there for asian number she was pointing like VB of asia might hit 10k too... not confirmed how much but really told that it will be big this time donot know how???????? (may be asia 10k except Nepal 7000 and iran 6000 may be)