tsc-receipting times

I have to agree with anmn..TSC receipt times will lessen as they pass the fee increase deadline of July 30 since applications will have returned to normal values. This doesn't mean that overall processing times will also decrease as the backlog (vs frontlog) will then come into play.

If somebody applied for naturalization Dec 3rd, when he shoould expect the receipt and FP notice
one week passed. no progress in receipt times at TSC. TSC took one month just to enter data from applications that were sent in last 4 days of july. next 3 weeks will be non productive because of holiday season. my guess is in Jan 1st week they will start with august 1st week applications. I think they will open my application in Feb, Finger Print in March and interview after Nov elections.

If somebody applied in Dec 3rd, expect the receipt in march and FP notice in April. If things go well you can expect your FP in Feb. we can predict based on how they process august applications. interviews/oath also we can predict our dates when they start with august applications.

It will be really interesting to see what the new receipt update will bring to texas filers today. Looks like they done with july apps. Maybe they even moved all the way to august 3 or 5.Am I too optimistic about it?

ok,a new update came up.And tsc keeps the tradition to move only a day ahead.I've read somewhere they are going to be closed 21-25 and 28-jan1 . it means we left with only 6 working days in this month. I don't think my money order will be cashed this year.

I just received my NOA today. My DO is Charlotte, NC. Now the wait begins for FP notice. NOA states 730 days from notice date until interview. That's over 2 years away, so I know that USCIS either has a twisted sense of humor or a flawed estimation machine since they previously stated up to 16-18 months for entire process.

Bob, did your NOA specifically state your DO as Charlotte? My NOA didn't specify a DO.

Bob, did your NOA specifically state your DO as Charlotte? My NOA didn't specify a DO.

No DO specified on my NOA. I had called USCIS and asked the IO how soon before the new DO opens do they send cases there and she seemed to think only once it is open. She also mentioned that by the time I get my FP it will be January, and from there interview will be several months later. By then the Durham DO will be open and case will have been transfered to new DO. Let's see what happens...

Frustrated

I have decided to join this forum to have an avenue to vent my frustration over how lengthy this process is going to take with like minded people. I have unfortunately applied after July which is going to delay my citizenship profoundly so I guess we are all in this together. Thanks for allowing me an opportunity to vent. Here's to the hope that the TSC will speed things up in the new year!!!

Check cashed

A little bit of Good news. My check has been cashed today. Here is my time line

Texas Service Center.

Application Sent - 08/11/2007
Received at TSC - 08/15/2007
Check Cashed - 12/19/2007

Texas Service Center.

Received at TSC - 08/15/2007

Congratulations...that's great news...good to see TSC is finally getting over the hurdle.

Hi friends..

Friends,

My check also has been cashed..just now I saw that one in my bank statement..

Application Sent..09/07/2007
Check cashed.....12/18/2007

BTW, where can I able to see that receipt number or case umber on check?
Front or back or..? so, looks like in week or so, I can expect FP notice, I think..

Friends,

BTW, where can I able to see that receipt number or case umber on check?
Front or back or..? so, looks like in week or so, I can expect FP notice, I think..

That's amazing ..TSC cashing check from 9/7..

There's a reference number in back of check which is the cash checking reference number, and there's another reference in front (if it's there) for your case number. If you don't have reference number in front, call USICS and tell them you want to know your case number since it's not on your check.
Your FP notice can take anywhere from same day of NOA to 2 months after NOA depending on DO.

Thanx for that quick reply..

I saw one number on the back.
There is one in the front at the bottom right corner. is that the one, case number? thanx..How Case number starts with zeroes?

Friends,

Good to see TSC is moving again. Very surprised to to see that check sent with application sent on 09/07 is being processed. Hope its not a mistake and they are really processing application sent on 09/07. That will be a huge progress. Hope to see few more of these timeline!

Thanx for that quick reply..

I saw one number on the back.
There is one in the front at the bottom right corner. is that the one, case number? thanx..How Case number starts with zeroes?

Case number in front should starts with 'SSC" (Southern Service center) followed by "*" and then 9 numbers. (ex:SSC*001425514). But don't bother checking status online as the online system is not updated frequently. My NOA is dated 12/7 and the case number still doesn't appear online.

Last edited by a moderator: