TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

So, the wave of approvals for 2006 filers has died down

And name check victims are still waiting ( i bellieve these cases are waiting for an answer from one's home country ). Add to that the retrogression in Dec.2007. Phew.. Is there light anywhere ?

I did not know if they send information back to ones home country for name check. Is this true? or just a theory?

And name check victims are still waiting ( i bellieve these cases are waiting for an answer from one's home country ). Add to that the retrogression in Dec.2007. Phew.. Is there light anywhere ?

I did not know if they send information back to ones home country for name check. Is this true? or just a theory?

I "heard" this atleast from 5 different postings ( some of them in this forum ).
But no official link. Aren't all these 'classified' info. So i guess there won't be any official link ?

My case was sent to the home country (India) - a cop came by my parent's house to do the investigation. Basically he had a checklist of some sort - asking about my education and character. He also asked my parents to call in a couple of neighbors to verify the character.
My cousin is a commisioner of police in New Delhi and my father spoke to him once the officer left. He mentioned that they get random requests from interpol to do some verification for US GC process. So yes, it is true - but the files are picked up randomly.

This means our name checks will take years.. because the people back there will not give a damn about out name check inquiries.. it will be the least on their priorities considering all other actual the work they have to do....

My case was sent to the home country (India) - a cop came by my parent's house to do the investigation. Basically he had a checklist of some sort - asking about my education and character. He also asked my parents to call in a couple of neighbors to verify the character.
My cousin is a commisioner of police in New Delhi and my father spoke to him once the officer left. He mentioned that they get random requests from interpol to do some verification for US GC process. So yes, it is true - but the files are picked up randomly.

This is very difficult to believe in.... After all, don't forget that the nationality of a person is determined by his place of birth, which is considered his/her home coutry, not the country he/she came here from. So, sending a police officer to inquire from neighbors about a person who perhaps didn't live there for say 30-40 years..... sounds funny, not to say more

Another aspect: There were links on this forum to some documents in regard to how the FBR will be pressed by the Senate to complete NCs in a fixed amount of time. At one place I saw that time limit was 6 month (may be I'm wrong about that but it doesn't matter in this context), in another place there was mentioning of 18 months as a limit. So, how will the FBR control the progress on responses from 'home coutries"? Getting a response from a home country and making an obligation to complete an investigation in a certain amount of time are two things that can only be reconciled if there is an additional clause, like if there's no response from the home coutry then FBI issues a negative conclusion on the case. This isn't funny, this is scary.....

This is very difficult to believe in.... After all, don't forget that the nationality of a person is determined by his place of birth, which is considered his/her home coutry, not the country he/she came here from. So, sending a police officer to inquire from neighbors about a person who perhaps didn't live there for say 30-40 years..... sounds funny, not to say more

Another aspect: There were links on this forum to some documents in regard to how the FBR will be pressed by the Senate to complete NCs in a fixed amount of time. At one place I saw that time limit was 6 month (may be I'm wrong about that but it doesn't matter in this context), in another place there was mentioning of 18 months as a limit. So, how will the FBR control the progress on responses from 'home coutries"? Getting a response from a home country and making an obligation to complete an investigation in a certain amount of time are two things that can only be reconciled if there is an additional clause, like if there's no response from the home coutry then FBI issues a negative conclusion on the case. This isn't funny, this is scary.....

Of course FBR is a misprint, I meant FBI

Any idea about this?
Last week, I got to know via POJ from TSC that my name check is cleared. Today I got to know that FBI NC is still pending from infopass. Which one is more reliable to believe? Any one who have similar experience can share it. thanks.

Any idea about this?
Last week, I got to know via POJ from TSC that my name check is cleared. Today I got to know that FBI NC is still pending from infopass. Which one is more reliable to believe? Any one who have similar experience can share it. thanks.

From my experience, TSC knows better. Last time I went for infopass I talked to a IO lady who knew absolutely nothing. perhaps I could get better and more complete answers if i asked a stranger in the street on the way to infopass. I was just amazed by her incompetence, came out with a feeling these guys are trained to know nothing, just trained to sit there, say 'I don't know' from time to time, and get a paycheck (from our fees) every two weeks

My case status is back..

I called TSC and today I heard my case status is avaiable again in their aumatic response system -- no change. Are your guys also get your status back? Will we have to go through another regression?!

Where to file EAD? Please Respond.

My I485 was transfer from VSC to TSC in March 07.
I will be applying for my 4th EAD:)mad:) shortly as current EAD is ending in Late Feb08.
Where should i apply? Since i live in Arizona, as per instruction in the form my jurisdiction falls under Nebraska Service Center.
But I am still worried since I dont want to lose any time since I barely have little over 3 months before current EAD expires.

Recent EAD filers whose cases were transfered to TSC can clear things up for me.

Thanks,

This is interesting. Can you ask his cousin, approx how many such requests he gets per month? What information is provided in such a request? What happens if the person no longer lives in the house. Or the cop encounters a surly neighbor who's mad at you because you trampled on his flower beds when you were a kid. What kind of response do they send back? Who is the interpol contact - the FBI?

Over here we get zero information from FBI regarding namecheck. Maybe people in our home countries can help.

GC Approved & Cards Received (PD Nov 2002)

Hi Everybody,

Finally got my GC approved and I received the cards yesterday for both myself and my wife. Interestingly the approval email, notice and cards all were received on the same day, though the status changed to "card production" last week.

Details as follows:
EB-2 RIR India (CSC transfer to TSC )
Priority date : Nov, 2002
LC Approval : June 2006
I140/I485 RD : July, 2006

Called USCIS many times in last several months. No RFE's ever.

Contacted local senators,etc. Requested name check help from them.

Finally...

Hang in there ... I feel relieved; though it has been a very long one... and this board has helped me tremendously..

Best of luck to everybody who is still in a long wait.

Hi everyone,

I believe there may be some merit to some sort of clearance being obtained from the applicant's home country (and in some cases an investigation in the applicant's home country). Here's my personal experience on this:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1608793&postcount=3139

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1618302&postcount=3429

I am personally still stuck in name check after almost 2 years of submitting my i-485, with no end in sight. I have also tried all avenues by writing to various officials. I finally decided to try to move-on with my life as best as I can. I am about to embark on my 2nd AC-21 move.

AR-11 Change of address

I just changed my mailing address online at uscis.gov. I got the confirmation number for AR-11 . But forgot to take print out of filled AR-11 form.Is there a way to retrieve the filled form by giving the confirmation number ?

Hi everyone,

I believe there may be some merit to some sort of clearance being obtained from the applicant's home country (and in some cases an investigation in the applicant's home country). Here's my personal experience on this:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1608793&postcount=3139

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1618302&postcount=3429

I am personally still stuck in name check after almost 2 years of submitting my i-485, with no end in sight. I have also tried all avenues by writing to various officials. I finally decided to try to move-on with my life as best as I can. I am about to embark on my 2nd AC-21 move.

I wonder that if the candidates country doesnt have any relations with the US... would that speed up or slow down the process...