TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Had an info pass this morning, still stuck in namecheck

I was curious since many 2006 filers cleared name check. But it seems my name check is "tough" . Wait for years / sue them. Hmmm. Next month onwards India EB2 goes to abyss. Officer said they won't send 2nd FP notice until name checks are cleared.

Approval for AP (I-131)

I received an RFE for my I-131 application and have not received any response from USCIS after 60 days of sending the evidence.

A fresh H1B was issued to me for next 3 years even though I was on H1B for last 8 years with extensions.

I'm planning to switch my job (using my EAD) after 180 days of filling I-485 using portability act - AC21.

since my job requires to travel overseas, I need approval on AP because, I can not get a new H1B from my new employer.

Gurus, any ideas, what should I do? Anything else should I try or wait for the AP approval.

Please advise....

Thats perplexing, why would they do that?

Good question.
Did someone really understand their explanation about this change in the bulletin from USCIS?

To me it almost reads like -we can show officially that we are inside the processing times that we promised for certain types of cases. if you recall they "promised" or made it a goal (depends which one they choose at which time) to process for example 485 applications within 6 months.

So if I am reading it correctly, if we are inside that promised turnaround time we will put 6 months. Otherwise we will put a date. But of course they are not showing for which applications (which date) is this 6 months rule in effect.

I just happened to check the TSC 485 processing dates and it had changed from Aug'07 to 6 months.

Link: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=TSC

Hopefully it will bring some good news for all us.

:)

As I read it, it doesn't mean anything at all. It's just CIS is trying to distance itself from NCs. I'm pretty certain they will start computing these 6-month for any application from the date the NC have become cleared. The bottom line it means nothing at all. Anybody who's waiting for 7 month try calling TSC and tell them you are out the processing time and listen to what they say

NC Finally cleared

Surprisingly, a lady from USCIS called me to tell that my NC is clared on Nov 5th by FBI and entered into System on Nov 16th. I wrote lot of letters to FL, VP, Congressmans, senators. So some thing worked. My priority date is Feb 2002, EB2 from India. I was stuck in Labour backlog center for almost 5 years and NC for almost 1 year. Dates are rolling back to Jan 2002 for Eb2 india, end of this month. Any chances that they will approve my case before end of November?

Typically how long does it take to approve a case after NC is claered?

Sorry, the post above that I described was really related to this question.

BTW, I also applied for EAD got it approved however I decided that at this time it is still better for me to use my H1-B (I am on the extension too) for the time being. So I basically filed for EAD and paid for it for nothing.

SVETAC,

Thanks.

Name check cleared as per infopass.

I am also in the same boat. My name check cleared recently.
Waiting for approval. Hopefully by next week.:D

PD: Dec'2002
1485: RD: Apr'2007

Surprisingly, a lady from USCIS called me to tell that my NC is clared on Nov 5th by FBI and entered into System on Nov 16th. I wrote lot of letters to FL, VP, Congressmans, senators. So some thing worked. My priority date is Feb 2002, EB2 from India. I was stuck in Labour backlog center for almost 5 years and NC for almost 1 year. Dates are rolling back to Jan 2002 for Eb2 india, end of this month. Any chances that they will approve my case before end of November?

In my case the name check got cleared on the 18th Oct and I got approval on the 10th Nov. so yours should be soon

NC got cleared per local congressman

I am also in the same boat. My name check cleared recently.
Waiting for approval. Hopefully by next week.:D

PD: Dec'2002
1485: RD: Apr'2007

Contacted local congressman and got info that my FBI NC had been completed. Hope I can get GC by November. Good luck to all of us and God bless us!

PD: Jan 2003
I485: RD June 2006

RFE Response

I called to check the status of my EAD renewal, which I applied for four month ago. The customer service representative opened a service request.

Amazingly, it is approved now! I don't know if my call has had anything to do with this approval though.

I see you have question marks against your 2nd RFE. Have you got one more or do you anticipate that it is most likely the case?

For me, I'm waiting on response from TSC for my first RFE for birth Certificate/employment letter. Its more than 1 month and they have given status to give written decision/update within 60 days. Do they really follow these timelines on RFE?

priority date-Aug 2004
I 485 filed on Apr-2005
Name Check - cleared long ago

I received an RFE for my I-131 application and have not received any response from USCIS after 60 days of sending the evidence.

A fresh H1B was issued to me for next 3 years even though I was on H1B for last 8 years with extensions.

I'm planning to switch my job (using my EAD) after 180 days of filling I-485 using portability act - AC21.

since my job requires to travel overseas, I need approval on AP because, I can not get a new H1B from my new employer.

Gurus, any ideas, what should I do? Anything else should I try or wait for the AP approval.

Please advise....

my 2 cents, I would try INFOPASS. HTH.

I see you have question marks against your 2nd RFE. Have you got one more or do you anticipate that it is most likely the case?

For me, I'm waiting on response from TSC for my first RFE for birth Certificate/employment letter. Its more than 1 month and they have given status to give written decision/update within 60 days. Do they really follow these timelines on RFE?

priority date-Aug 2004
I 485 filed on Apr-2005
Name Check - cleared long ago

Hi,

That second RFE has a long story which showes how messed up this USCIS is. I got the email and an LUD the day after but I never received the letter. I kept calling and seeing officers at infopass appointments, one says it was a mistake and the other said it was real. Eventually, they told me to ask my lawyer to inquire officially. He sent the a letter last month, and he has not received a reply yet!

I personally think that it has been a mistake. This happend to someone else on the forum as well. They changed the online RFE message for him after he inquired. Besides, they renewed my EAD and issued me new AP. USCIS usually halts processing of these forms if there is an RFE on the parent I-485.

Approved

I am EB-2 India at NSC and dates retrogress to Jan 2002 from December 1.

I had given up hope and had not checked status ever since I talked to my attorney about possibility of someone taking note of response to RFE. The lawyer was sympathetic but said the possibility is remote since there are barely 10-12 business days left before end of month.

I checked status today and I don't know why I did it since this was any way a short week. But to my surprise I see "Welcome notice mailed" with a LUD on 11/20/2007.

The same applied to my family. So all of us got approval somewhere this week. I received no emails even though the option to receive email was on.

Following are my details if it helps someone:

Eb-2 India PD 11/2002 ( Own labor)
LC cleared 5/2006
I-140 Approved 10/2007 (upgraded to Premium)
I-485 filed 7/2006
NC cleared 7/2007 (wrote to FL/Senator/COngresswoman)
Can not say if that helped as they
just get the status. I anyway sent
the Thank you not to all so they may
continue to enquire FBI for others
RFE 10/2007
Response 11/8/2007
I-485 Approved 11/20/2007 (May be before this date)

Sometimes 15 days can make all the difference. Six years back I missed the bus by that time when my HR did not file my Labor in August 2001. She actually hid the fact from me that a change of policy is coming at end of September 2001 which would affect me. This resulted in labor not being being filed for than a year. Then BEC happened and it kept getting worse and worse specially if one is from high visa demand country like India or China.

At least this time some kind soul at USCIS took a look at RFE and responded in a week's time, probably saving me another 6-8 months.

I feel for those still stuck there. Particularly the fellow BEC sufferer and those stuck in Name Check hole. Hang on, it will happen. Sooner than later and hopefully before this year runs out.

Prince123 and Rollingstone: You have almost identical profile as mine. Don't loose hope, it i round the corner, just that you can not see it yet.

Good Luck. I will hang around to answer any related questions for at least a month.

Congrats !

......Prince123 and Rollingstone: You have almost identical profile as mine. Don't loose hope, it i round the corner, just that you can not see it yet.

......QUOTE]

Enjoy your freedom.
Thanks for your encouraging words.
Yesterday i went for Infopass . Before asking anything the officer said "I know why you came here" , he collected the I-485 receipt notice and tapped the keyboard and wrote on a post-it "Pending FBI namecheck" and pasted on my receipt notice. I think i am doomed ( FBI namecheck and retrogression ).

I see an LUD on my I-485 today , may be because last week i had done online address change.

Do people get LUDs once they change address ?

Does online change of address activity cause LUD on I-485 ?

I had done change of address last week ( and i saw LUD today ).As of Yesterday i am stuck in FBI namecheck.

I485 Approved

Hi,
GC is cracked. Finally my nightmare is over. I filed EB3 LC on Jan 2005. Jan 05 is the starting point of my GC process. It was stuck in BEC. Before that EB3 LC approval, I had applied another PERM EB2 LC. I used that one to file I140 and I485. Looks like it got approved right after the EB2 ROW processing date got current from Aug 06. Didn't get any email of approval. I checked online status and found it.

Thank you everyone. All the best.
Here is my case details.
http://www.trackitt.com/member/fdny/

GCcracker

Last edited by a moderator:
......Prince123 and Rollingstone: You have almost identical profile as mine. Don't loose hope, it i round the corner, just that you can not see it yet.

......QUOTE]

I know this sounds funny but my PD is 8/02 and stuck up in BC since 5/06.....

finally I had to take a decision and I am going back(now i give a damn to my GC)... life is too short to wait for tooooo long. so for me it is over by choice.

good luck to U all, I think I should be OK without USA and GC