TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

congratulations on the approval

Your case receipt date is closest to mine, see signature. Called yesterday first tiem to TSC, told name check pending, but I doubt whether the lady rep drilled down the information to give me the truth. Nevertheless, wrote to Bush on 9/15, FL on 10/15, it will take one more month for me to get the FBI response, then will find out the real status of name check. Meanwhile, keep checking online status. Yesterday received 'no record' for FOIPA inquiry. Prepare to drag them to court next year (I have verbally threatened a service rep with lawsuit for unfriendly service last month, maybe they put me on a black list, f**k them).

By the way, the visa bulletin rolled back, not a concern for me though.

All,

I just received the email "Card production ordered". As of two weeks ago when I checked , Last LUD was 10/12/06. Good luck with your apps.

In a contorted way this might be good - it'll give some time for old NCs to clear, while holding off visa number consumption for next few months. Of course if your NC is going to take 3 years, the VB is useless.

Congratulations...

... to those who got it approved. Enjoy your freedom! Hopefully we'll continue to hear good news throughout this month (esp from people whose PD is retrogressed next month).

Card recvd yesterday

The card came yesterday along with the welcome notice, in a separate envelope though.

Good luck to all and hope to hear more good news coming through!

After your GC.

I know a lot of people got their gc in the past two weeks, including myself. Again, I apologize that I am asking the same question but I really think we should look at this issue carefully. That is: How long you should stay with your supporting employer for you gc after it's approved to avoid problems potentially might happen during the neutralization process 5 years later. (If you go to USCIS web site and download the N400 instruction, you will find that they require you to input your past 5 years working history.) Even my own elder sisters told me that they went through the whole process w/o any problems; I cannot help to have a doubt about it. I read the answer from the murthy law web site as following and would like to share it with you:

Q: Can I leave my sponsoring employer once I get my green card?

A: One may switch employers during the I-485 process if (a) the I-485 has been pending for over 180 days and is not yet adjudicated and (b) the offer of new employment is in the same or similar job. While the USCIS may use the description of the job duties from the DOT or the O*NET to determine similarity in jobs, they have verbally agreed that they may be willing to consider a broader definition in the future. Besides job title and description, the salary from the new employer would at least need to satisfy concerns regarding the public charge provisions and should be as closed to the amount listed on the labor certification as possible.

Clearly, the law before AC21 was passed in October 2000 required that a person continue working with the employer that sponsored the green card for at least 6 months to 1 year after obtaining the green card. Although AC21 allows the changing of employers if the I-485 is not adjudicated within 180 days, there is no change in the law with respect to the intention of the employer to offer and the employee to undertake "permanent," full-time work with the sponsoring employer for the job advertised. Keep in mind that a green card job offer is legally considered a future job offer. Therefore, the employee must have a good-faith intention to work for the employer after the green card is approved, and the employer must have a good-faith intention to employ the employee after the green card is approved. Even if one worked for the sponsoring employer for several years while pursuing the green card process, that would not count as future intent. Generally, 6 months to 1 year after obtaining the green card is a safe time period to change employment. Failure to stay at the sponsoring employer may result in problems at the naturalization stage!

I'll give you company

Am in the same boat.
In my case the congressman too has been unhelpful. All he will do is to contact USCIS once in 6 months it seems. Nothing to do with FBI.

The desperation has crossed limits. Will soon have to see a psychiatrist for treating mental agony caused by this painful process.

Yeah !!! I am almost certain that will be my case. No name check clearance so far.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3841.html

Am in the same boat.
In my case the congressman too has been unhelpful. All he will do is to contact USCIS once in 6 months it seems. Nothing to do with FBI.

The desperation has crossed limits. Will soon have to see a psychiatrist for treating mental agony caused by this painful process.

I had predicted this scenario way back in Feb this year. See post# 3428 in this thread.

Your case receipt date is closest to mine, see signature. Called yesterday first tiem to TSC, told name check pending, but I doubt whether the lady rep drilled down the information to give me the truth. Nevertheless, wrote to Bush on 9/15, FL on 10/15, it will take one more month for me to get the FBI response, then will find out the real status of name check. Meanwhile, keep checking online status. Yesterday received 'no record' for FOIPA inquiry. Prepare to drag them to court next year (I have verbally threatened a service rep with lawsuit for unfriendly service last month, maybe they put me on a black list, f**k them).

By the way, the visa bulletin rolled back, not a concern for me though.
Richshi,

I cannot laud you enough for what you did! You stood up to them and replied back in the same coin. Please let me know if they try to get back to you for this, for people like you deserve to be supported.

I know it is not easy for everybody as some people cannot afford to take any risk with their process/status. But for those people who can afford to take some risk (i.e. worst case they'll have to go back to their home country and probably have a much more successful career), PLEASE STAND UP TO THEM and tell them like it is. If a customer rep is not giving good service, rip her apart and ask for his/her supervisor. Tell everybody in no uncertain words that they have a duty to provide good service to us and the US immigration system has screwed up your lives a lot already. Write/call anybody and everybody you can and vent out your unbridled anger to all concerned. They cannot act like they are doing a favor to them (it's the other way around) and they have no right to screw up our lives so get going with the approvals already.

On a different subject, can somebody explain in plain english what the numbers/dates in the bulletin mean? Is it for people filing for I-485 or people who have already filed I-485 and waiting for the approval.

Richshi,

.......On a different subject, can somebody explain in plain english what the numbers/dates in the bulletin mean? Is it for people filing for I-485 or people who have already filed I-485 and waiting for the approval.

For both. To apply for / to get approved one's PD should be prior to the cut-off date . Now, one might see some folks getting approved even if they are not current, that is because USCIS had pre-assigned visa numbers to them ( because name check had cleared ).

I know a lot of people got their gc in the past two weeks, including myself. Again, I apologize that I am asking the same question but I really think we should look at this issue carefully. That is: How long you should stay with your supporting employer for you gc after it's approved to avoid problems potentially might happen during the neutralization process 5 years later. (If you go to USCIS web site and download the N400 instruction, you will find that they require you to input your past 5 years working history.) Even my own elder sisters told me that they went through the whole process w/o any problems; I cannot help to have a doubt about it. I read the answer from the murthy law web site as following and would like to share it with you:

Q: Can I leave my sponsoring employer once I get my green card?

A: One may switch employers during the I-485 process if (a) the I-485 has been pending for over 180 days and is not yet adjudicated and (b) the offer of new employment is in the same or similar job. While the USCIS may use the description of the job duties from the DOT or the O*NET to determine similarity in jobs, they have verbally agreed that they may be willing to consider a broader definition in the future. Besides job title and description, the salary from the new employer would at least need to satisfy concerns regarding the public charge provisions and should be as closed to the amount listed on the labor certification as possible.

Clearly, the law before AC21 was passed in October 2000 required that a person continue working with the employer that sponsored the green card for at least 6 months to 1 year after obtaining the green card. Although AC21 allows the changing of employers if the I-485 is not adjudicated within 180 days, there is no change in the law with respect to the intention of the employer to offer and the employee to undertake "permanent," full-time work with the sponsoring employer for the job advertised. Keep in mind that a green card job offer is legally considered a future job offer. Therefore, the employee must have a good-faith intention to work for the employer after the green card is approved, and the employer must have a good-faith intention to employ the employee after the green card is approved. Even if one worked for the sponsoring employer for several years while pursuing the green card process, that would not count as future intent. Generally, 6 months to 1 year after obtaining the green card is a safe time period to change employment. Failure to stay at the sponsoring employer may result in problems at the naturalization stage!

I would urge you to go back on this thread and see the previous posts. We discussed on this extensively.

For both. To apply for / to get approved one's PD should be prior to the cut-off date . Now, one might see some folks getting approved even if they are not current, that is because USCIS had pre-assigned visa numbers to them ( because name check had cleared ).

gc_mania - where do you see that some applications have been pre-assigned a visa number in case the name check has cleared? Is there any official notice to that?
In my case, I was told by the IO during Infopass (in May'07) that both me and my wife's namechecks have cleared. At that time my case was pending due to not being finger printed (4 years and no FP received) I then recd the FP in September and USCIS is trying to send me an RFE (notice undelivered).
If what you are saying is true, then I should be green as soon as I respond to my RFE (even though my PD is not current)?

I'm not gc_mania, but no, there is no official notice. You may be able to know that (if you are lucky) by calling TSC or through congressional inquiries. But such information is not necessarily accurate either.

But it is true that a visa number is requested to DOS once CIS sees a case approval-ready. I believe they do so by batch (but they requested numbers in an unusual way this late June, often "pre-request"ed numbers, 60k all at once). Once this happens when your case is current, it probably does not matter if your case becomes retrogressed next month. At least that was what happened this July to September.

To your question, maybe and maybe not. Nobody knows for sure if your cases have numbers assigned already. More often than not, REF is a good sign. But they also issue a REF when a case is not otherwise approvable.

gc_mania - where do you see that some applications have been pre-assigned a visa number in case the name check has cleared? Is there any official notice to that?
In my case, I was told by the IO during Infopass (in May'07) that both me and my wife's namechecks have cleared. At that time my case was pending due to not being finger printed (4 years and no FP received) I then recd the FP in September and USCIS is trying to send me an RFE (notice undelivered).
If what you are saying is true, then I should be green as soon as I respond to my RFE (even though my PD is not current)?

Thanks for your response geofu54 - I had thought so too. 'Pre-assigning' visa numbers to the applicants is way too easy to go green. The word 'easy' does not rhyme with USCIS.