TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

TSC processing dates

Now my I-485 filed at TSC has been pending for over one year. My EAD will expire in Sept. On the safe side, I actually filed my EAD extension in early May so there're approximately 4 months before my EAD's expiration date. I thought I have been careful and conservative already but I just saw the processing dates the TSC posted two days ago and was shocked that they claimed that they are only up to December, 2006.

Also, interim is not available right? So, what shall I do when my EAD expires while both my current EAD and I-485 are still pending? Anyone comment on, please?

my friend s ead renewal came 4 days after ead expiration last month
he called uscis reagarding it they said its ok to continue working since they applied for ead 3 months back , so please call uscis regarding it
in case its delayed

Now my I-485 filed at TSC has been pending for over one year. My EAD will expire in Sept. On the safe side, I actually filed my EAD extension in early May so there're approximately 4 months before my EAD's expiration date. I thought I have been careful and conservative already but I just saw the processing dates the TSC posted two days ago and was shocked that they claimed that they are only up to December, 2006.

Also, interim is not available right? So, what shall I do when my EAD expires while both my current EAD and I-485 are still pending? Anyone comment on, please?

I'm aware of the ways to get NC 'expedited' and I have written letters to a lot of people including FL, Senators and USCIS director.
I have already received one letter from FBI, in response to FL's inquiry that my NC is in process. this was 2 months ago. Some people here have got thier NC cleared around 2 months after the 'in process' letter. This is what I was trying to find out.

I know. Probably I am one of those few who have called up TCS as frequently as possible in 2006. But Now I have stopped calling them. My local congressman's is very nice and helpful. If I call them, they will definitely get back to me with the information with in a week. So I stopped calling TCS. What is the point anyway. They are not going to give you any different information anyway.

Heh, they said it was an error

So, we called the National Service Center, and a nice lady told us my spouse's case was still within the normal processing time.

Spouse: But I saw your website...
Custmer rep: Sorry ma'am, there was an error, we apologize. The correct date for TSC I-485 is September 11, 2006.

Hee hee.

Can anyone who called confirm this info? The web still shows that crap.

I called and the rep. tried to place out of processing time request and he was not able to do that as system was telling him that the date is 15 September he then manually send them a request and give me the referral no, so bottom line something is not right.

LC applied -06/06
APPROVED -06/06 ( 8 days)
I-140 applied 08/06
Approval 10/06 (56 days , 10 days after upgrade to PP)
I-485 applied 11/06
Biometrics taken 12/06 (15 days after applying)
Approval ........????

I figured it was a mistake, so I didn't call TSC, I called the clueless folks at the National Customer Service Center instead. They did exactly as I expected - read off a screen that said the processing time was March 2007 and initiated a service request. I know the response back eventually will be that my case is within the processing time, but I'm hoping the service request will at least trigger someone at TSC to look at my case (any case for that matter - I-485 or I-140 which is yet to be approved).

Kinda pathetic really - using knowledge of what works and what doesn't gathered from these boards to exploit a mistake and try to get someone to look at your case, but I signed up for this so might as well try all avenues possible. Next stop, congressperson!

New Processing times

... to cover their arse.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=TSC

I-131 and I-765 are also fixed to make-sense dates.

That makes sense. I am still mystified by them calling it :"an error". You can say that about a "typo" or "minor change". The two versions are completely different. I could not even explain that by a date shift. Wonder how they came up with the older version. Probably a new software!:D

Name check cleared!

According to infopass I went today, my name check was cleared this April and sent back to CIS early May. Yahooooo!

A very nice officer showed me the screen as proof. She said my case is currently awaiting USCIS security check (last one of the three). All I can hope for right now is that their system is accurate this time, and I'll see something in the next couple of months.

Infopass appointment disappointment

Hi Guys,

I need help, advice, anything...

The "document that was mailed" to me as per the website did not make it thru to my house - it was rendered undeliverable. I have not moved, received all notices and got everything so far. I raised a query and they cannot get back to me prior to 45 days.

So I took an Infopass appointment and went today to Federal Plaza NYC. The lady was not helpful at all - she told me that all she can do is send an email to TSC about my address and my attorney's address. She also told me that the case is being help up because I have not received this mysterious document which she did not comment about. I need to wait for another 30-45 days...

Guys, with a PD of Feb02, 485 RD of Nov04 I am at my wit's end - anyone held up this bad? What can I do here - I am scared that with the flood from the million illegals these old cases will be buried under a rubble and I will never see this green card ever...any suggestions?

According to infopass I went today, my name check was cleared this April and sent back to CIS early May. Yahooooo!

A very nice officer showed me the screen as proof. She said my case is currently awaiting USCIS security check (last one of the three). All I can hope for right now is that their system is accurate this time, and I'll see something in the next couple of months.

Did this person tell you what the USCIS security check was and how long it is expected to take? I've gotten confirmation of my name check clearance a few times now, but I'm still stuck in a "USCIS security check" whatever that means. I'm not sure whether to be happy about the name check clearing or be concerned that this other check is going to take years.

What is USCIS security check ? Isn't it simpler thas the FBI namecheck ?

I know. Probably I am one of those few who have called up TCS as frequently as possible in 2006. But Now I have stopped calling them. My local congressman's is very nice and helpful. If I call them, they will definitely get back to me with the information with in a week. So I stopped calling TCS. What is the point anyway. They are not going to give you any different information anyway.

SK - as mentioned earlier our cases are very similar. can you indicate who is your congressman? r u from texas?
last time i went for infopass the officer indicated that my name check is cleared and uscis security check is pending. i also got mail form fbi indicating name check clearance. i do not know when this will end. i once decided to go back and packed everything - and suddenly my labour approval got cleared! now i think that is the biggest folly i made.

SK - as mentioned earlier our cases are very similar. can you indicate who is your congressman? r u from texas?
last time i went for infopass the officer indicated that my name check is cleared and uscis security check is pending. i also got mail form fbi indicating name check clearance. i do not know when this will end. i once decided to go back and packed everything - and suddenly my labour approval got cleared! now i think that is the biggest folly i made.

I am from Georgia.
Try your Senetor if your congressman is not helpful. I think you can try both of your senetor. Also try ombudsman. Keep trying. All these people every alternate weeks. Afteall, that is all we can do.

me too

hi guys, I am also in the same boat as you. my PD is dec 2004 EB3 non retrogress and my case was transferred to TSC in may and did FP1 finer prints in Providence, RI. Would you be kind enough to give me the phone number for TSC that you call to inquire about your cases status. I plan to raise this issue too. It's been too long. Please email me BOS_NU@yahoo.com

Thanks

Ok, I just called the 800 number and was told a notice was sent to me 2 days ago. Never got the email for approval. I am enrolled in their email notification. Status online still reflects the messae indicating the file has been transferred from VSC to TSC. Has anyone gotten approved without receivin emails and without status online not being updated? Please advise. Thanks

There are three security checks before getting a green card: 1. FBI name check, 2. FBI fingerprint check, and 3. USCIS background check. Everyone clears FP in a day if they don't have criminal records, so it is a non issue. So far most people who are stuck in the black hole are dragged by name check - not because how long the process takes, but how long it takes for FBI to get to the case.

Now the USCIS security check can indeed take a long time, but the probability is much less than name check. So from this perspective I'd rather be waiting in this process. As to what they do, I have no clue. But I think it is safe to assume that USCIS will check your previous visa applications, LC, income, etc.

Did this person tell you what the USCIS security check was and how long it is expected to take? I've gotten confirmation of my name check clearance a few times now, but I'm still stuck in a "USCIS security check" whatever that means. I'm not sure whether to be happy about the name check clearing or be concerned that this other check is going to take years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gurus

I do not have any update on my case since july last year. My PD is 05/2002 and RD 04/2006. Am I missing something ? Is there anyone similar to my dates exists or I am the last one?

Please advice

Hi Gurus

I do not have any update on my case since july last year. My PD is 05/2002 and RD 04/2006. Am I missing something ? Is there anyone similar to my dates exists or I am the last one?

Please advice

I have friends whose cases are like yours but they don't come to the forum. You are definitely now alone.