TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Here is information about my I-485 approval.
EB3/PD: Sept 2002
Labor Certification Approved: June, 2003
I-140/I-485/EAD/AP RD Vermont Service Center: Oct 2 2003
I-140 Approved Date: May 2004
Finger Printing: Jan 2005,
Name check cleared July 2005,
Second finger prints: May 4, 2007
Transferred to TSC March 9, 2007
I-485 Approved May 23

It was a long a painful process.
Thanks to the people in this forum for information and the sense of community.
My experience is that Senator's offices are helpful in getting information, but are not that helpful in expediting applications.
Calling the TSC directly and asking them about the status of my I-485 probably helped me to speed up the approval by a couple of weeks.
For people who have been waiting for their GC for years - hang on, try to expedite your I-485, drink a beer and relax - this process will end sooner or later and you will forget about it soon after that.

Good luck

Well, it is official. I had done a status enquiry and now the letter saying that my security checks are pending. Now this was before the processing dates went backward.

I guess have to get some info on how to do the FOIPA and then start writing letters so I can feel I am doing something.

Name check.

Hi Akayal1973,

I have a question for you.
I wonder, Do we get notification letter from FBI after name check?

Thanks,
LC PD: Dec'11, 2002
I-140/I485 concurrent May'01, 2007
I-140 cleared May'15,2007
Fp: May'24th, 2007
I485: LUD-5/3/07, 5/24/07, 5/25/07, Pending

Hi Mike:

Congrats! Enjoy! Very encouraging to see transfered cases approved.

FOIPA update

For what its worth, my FOIPA enquiry came back with no records.
I received a response from FBI within 10 days.
I just filled the form from their website and printed it and mailed to the following address-

170 Marcel Drive
Winchester
VA 22602
Did not notarize the form either.

I just filled the form from their website and printed it and mailed to the following address-

170 Marcel Drive
Winchester
VA 22602

Forgive my ignorance. Does no records mean the NC is cleared or not? Thanks!

Forgive my ignorance. Does no records mean the NC is cleared or not? Thanks!

From
http://www.fbi.gov/hq/nationalnamecheck.htm
Freedom of Information and Privacy Act (FOIPA) vs. Name Check: Freedom of Information and Privacy Acts (FOIPA) requests are sometimes confused with name check requests. FOIPA provides copies of FBI files relevant to a specific FOIPA request. For FOIPA, the FBI search uses the name or information as provided in the FOIPA request. A FOIPA search determines whether there is an investigative file associated with an individual—a “main file” search. For a name check, “main files” and “reference files” are both checked, in addition to searching a name in a multitude of combinations.

170 Marcel Drive
Winchester
VA 22602

Is this the form you used?? http://foia.fbi.gov/foia_request.htm

The instructions for this form (http://foia.fbi.gov/foia_instruc.pdf)say to mail the form to a Washington, DC address not a Winchester, VA address..

Can you provide a link with the Winchester, VA address listed?

After RFE is replied, How long to approval?

Does anyone has the same experience?

I receive RFE on 5/22/2007. Its asking for W2, most current paystubs, I-20, I-797, passport copies, etc. In short, we have prepared those and will send out on 5/29/2007.

Does anyone know, how long to approval once RFE replied?

Thanks so much!!!

H4 & I-485 Issue

ALL Gurus ,
Please advise as visa is current now.
I came on B1/B2 visitor visa and later converted to L1 while in USA by Intra company Transfer and in the mean time my wife got a job on H1 .
I changed my visa to H4 and discontinued L1 after one year because of several difficulties to maintain L1. I was earning on L1 and filed tax jointly with wife and the work undertaken during my L1 were completed and paid in next two years while on H4 and filed taxes too.
My concerns are :
1) My wife is about to file I-485 , is tax return definitely required to send with I- 485 filling?
2) There is no column in any of the forms to express the income of H4 dependent.
3)Is this advisable to mention the Social security number of H4 dependent on I-485 forms as it is understood H4 never possess social security number?
4) Is this required to show that H4 earned income even after L1 was converted to H4?
5)Should I file my wife's separate Tax in year 2006 if required at the time of filling I-485 if Tax return is definitely needed?
6) Pay Stub ,W2 and letter from the employer is sufficient for I-485?
7) What are the repercussions if we do not mention L1 + Income of spouse of H-1 and proceed with principal applicant's dependent as H4 spouse while filling I485 ?
8) Or we file I-485 at this time for Principal applicant and one child and do not mention the dependent spouse now to get the Green card at least for the principal applicant?
I will appreciate your valuable advice to proceed further wisely.
Thanks

Is this the form you used?? http://foia.fbi.gov/foia_request.htm

The instructions for this form (http://foia.fbi.gov/foia_instruc.pdf)say to mail the form to a Washington, DC address not a Winchester, VA address..

Can you provide a link with the Winchester, VA address listed?

This is the form I sent in:
http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_request.htm

Its on FBI's FOIA website on the right side under "privacy Act Request Form"

As far as the address goes- this address was posted by someone on these forums under the Citizenship category. You can do a search on "FOIPA" here. He had mentioned that FBI has not updated the correct address on their webpage. I also called the contact person at FBI- Debbie Lopes and she confirmed that I have to send the request to Winchester address. Moreover, the FBI response envelope had this address on there too.
Hope this helps!

From
http://www.fbi.gov/hq/nationalnamecheck.htm
Freedom of Information and Privacy Act (FOIPA) vs. Name Check: Freedom of Information and Privacy Acts (FOIPA) requests are sometimes confused with name check requests. FOIPA provides copies of FBI files relevant to a specific FOIPA request. For FOIPA, the FBI search uses the name or information as provided in the FOIPA request. A FOIPA search determines whether there is an investigative file associated with an individual—a “main file” search. For a name check, “main files” and “reference files” are both checked, in addition to searching a name in a multitude of combinations.
thank you prince123. So FOIPA alone pretty much is useless to NC because of the reference files and the equally incriminating 'multitudes'..

Does anyone has the same experience?

I receive RFE on 5/22/2007. Its asking for W2, most current paystubs, I-20, I-797, passport copies, etc. In short, we have prepared those and will send out on 5/29/2007.

Does anyone know, how long to approval once RFE replied?

Thanks so much!!!

I don't think RFE has anything to do with the time of approval. I had an RFE in 2006, no approval yet due to namecheck. see my signature.

Ragu001 did you get your document?

Hey Ragu001,

I got the same message for my 485 - Document mailed 11/18/2007...but still have not received anything. Did you get your document yet? What is it?

Thx for a detailed reply. I see that LUD on may 11 07, saying that "DOCUMENT MAILED TO APPLICANT ON SO AND SO DATE" what does that mean, what document are they refering? please shed some light.

Foipa

Yeah, you got it. So, i don't know why people are getting FOIPA !

The way I see it is that there is no harm in getting this extra piece of document in hand when you contact senators etc. Its not costing you anything, so why not?? I would rather be proactive about the whole namecheck thing rather than sit and wait for it to take its own course. Of course, that might still happen but atleast I know that I tried all avenues possible...

I think i am also going to be pro-active

The way I see it is that there is no harm in getting this extra piece of document in hand when you contact senators etc. Its not costing you anything, so why not?? I would rather be proactive about the whole namecheck thing rather than sit and wait for it to take its own course. Of course, that might still happen but atleast I know that I tried all avenues possible...

I did not receive any letter from either FBI or from Senator's office that my namecheck is cleared but My GC is approved.

I am not sure if the Letter to Senator's office helped the name check clearance or my H-1B visa (7-10 years) stamping in Chennai triggered any security check which may have cleared the namecheck with FBI. I got my I-485 approved exactly after two weeks after H-1B stamping and within 6 weeks after I sent privacy release not to Senator's office.

I am from India. My name check was stuck for more than 2 years. I wrote to the First lady on Feb 14, 2007. My name check was cleared on April 5, 2007 (received a letter from the FBI on April 12 to that effect).

An excellent Washington Post article that reveals why USCIS would love to see huge backlogs and refuse to make the system more efficient. The answer is simple: the longer you wait, the more fees you have to pay. If everyone gets GC within a year, guess how much money they lose on AP/EAD renewals?

Let's all write to WP and the author to applaud their effort!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18899687/