TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Anyone in NJ sending letter to senators?

Hi, can any one who's in NJ please share your experience regarding which senator I could send a mail regarding my FBI name check? How did you send your letter? Online or a letter mail? How's your experience? I am in the north jersey. Many thanks.

LUD on my EAD petition

I just noticed a LUD on my EAD petiton filed filed on April 16th.
This is for the benefit of those who have applied for EAD currently.

My ND on EAD petition is April 18th. No action yet. I wonder if u r stuck in namecheck fo 485, it delays your related applications.

What is Administrative Check?

Hard to say when it will be approved. Lots of variables...
1. Luck
2. FBI Name Check
3. USCIS Administrative Check
etc...

Some got approval just in couple of weeks, some are waiting for years....

Hi, what is the difference between 'FBI Name Check' and 'USCIS Administrative Check'? Actually when I went to Infopass, that lady actually mentioned my case was on the later one. But I thought it was the same as Name Check, so I didn't ask further.

How can we find out the status of 'Administrative Check'?

Thanks,

Inwater

USCIS Adminstrative Check!!

I am from China, not NSEERS.

Seems what I can do next is to find out whether there are 2 types of check (FBI and USCIS). And if that is the case, what is the clearance status accordingly.

thanks!

Please see my just previous post.

Notice not delivered?

Hi Gurus,

I had posted this same question in another thread...not sure where to post this. But here we go...

Hi Gurus,

Need some help/input.
Got this message in USCIS website re: my case.

"On May 18, 2007, the post office returned our last written notice on this case as undeliverable. This can have serious effects on the processing of this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent."

I have received notices re: my case (I-485) before at this mailing address. Too late in the weekend to call...anyone had a similar situation before?

Also, what could this notice be? I am just paranoid. Just did my FP last week (that notice made it fine)...

Thanks guys

If I recall...

...CIS started that "preadjudication" thingy last year, so it indeed may have been the case before that they didn't touch cases until they cleared NC or became current. This guy (linked) filed his 485 in 2004.

At any rate, I doubt that CIS counts those NC-stuck cases in terms of a 6 month speed. They would claim that is only applicable to cases with NO problemo whatsoever.

If so, that is a 'great' way to skim past the load of applications and then
claim a 6 month processing speed.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1671863&postcount=1642

I-485 Status - Texas Service Centre (EB2)

Hello Folks. Here are our I 485 details:

1) I140 - filed in October 2006, approved in March 2007.
2) I485 - filed on April 24 2007, fingerprinting on May 18 2007 (Only wife got notice, went with her and requested they do my fingerprinting as well. The officer checked my name in their database and did the fingerprinting for me).

Website Message Changed - no LUD Changes

Hi Guys,

The message on USCIS website changed today...did they send the document again? What could this document be?

Here is the Website message..

"Current Status: Document mailed to applicant.

On May 18, 2007 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service

Hi Gurus,

I had posted this same question in another thread...not sure where to post this. But here we go...

Hi Gurus,

Need some help/input.
Got this message in USCIS website re: my case.

"On May 18, 2007, the post office returned our last written notice on this case as undeliverable. This can have serious effects on the processing of this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent."

I have received notices re: my case (I-485) before at this mailing address. Too late in the weekend to call...anyone had a similar situation before?

Also, what could this notice be? I am just paranoid. Just did my FP last week (that notice made it fine)...

Thanks guys

4 different security checks ?

From http://usinfo.state.gov/gi/Archive/2006/May/04-878088.html ,
uses the following three background check mechanisms but maintains the authority to conduct other background investigations as necessary

1. The Interagency Border Inspection System (IBIS) Name Check
2. FBI Fingerprint Check
3. FBI Name Checks

So, even if step(3) is cleared, there could be other checks by USCIS on its own terms ? That may be the "Administrative Security Check" ?

From http://usinfo.state.gov/gi/Archive/2006/May/04-878088.html ,
uses the following three background check mechanisms but maintains the authority to conduct other background investigations as necessary

1. The Interagency Border Inspection System (IBIS) Name Check
2. FBI Fingerprint Check
3. FBI Name Checks

So, even if step(3) is cleared, there could be other checks by USCIS on its own terms ? That may be the "Administrative Security Check" ?

stop being astonished. yes there are checks other than FBI namecheck. the other one is IBIS and is done inside USCIS, in the majority of the cases the fbi namecheck is the biggest hurdle to pass. fingerprints is nto backlogged at all. they get the results in same day. IBIS is also going smoothly for majority of cases.

in summary, if you clear the fbi namecheck, u r almost there. other checks are not that big of a problem compared to namecheck.

good luck.

I have been getting two LUDs on the primary 485 but not dependants. Now I did a status inquiry 3 weeks ago, could these be related?

That linked case is f&%@ing unreal...

... His file must have been shredded.

Yeah, who knows. But when NC saw nothing derogatory, FP found nothing problematic, you gotta wonder what freakin' else they want.

This whole process is just f&%@ing weird...

Rape? Murder? Acts of terrorism? Spitting on a cop? Who knows what your name-soundalike may have done..

Here's one more case whose NC was cleared a long time agom but still waiting:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=250180

Perm, EB2
I-140/485 10/07
I-140 approved 11/07
FP x2? 485 still pending.

then u haven't been in the GC process for more than 8 to 9 months. other people were waiting for years. u have time and don't act now, still early in ur case.