TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Your dates are all in future !

Yes my bad, all should read 2006....
As far as having a lot of time, not sure, the processing date is pretty close and others are already writing to FL/Congressman. I am still contemplating what to do.

EB2 PERM 2006

I-140/485 10/2006
I-140 PP, AP 11/2006
FP 11/2006 & 3/2007
Minor FP 2/2007

As far as having a lot of time, not sure, the processing date is pretty close and others are already writing to FL/Congressman. I am still contemplating what to do.

EB2 PERM 2006

I-140/485 10/2006
I-140 PP, AP 11/2006
FP 11/2006 & 3/2007
Minor FP 2/2007

man, those people who are contacting FL and congressman have been waiting in the whole GC mess for many years. so they have a case that were waiting for a long time.but in ur case, in total (perm and i485)u haven't been waiting for more than 8 months. so i think if u ask for help, u don't have a strong case. u have to show that u r suffering because of the delay. but for u, there is no delay overall. so my advice, don't contact anyone for now.

As for your case not approved yet...

... you don't have to worry too much, given your RD. *IF* everything is alright with your application then chances are they may be working on your case for adjudication (or REF if any problem happens that can be fixed by you submitting additional evidence).

However, it sure wouldn't hurt at this point to know your NC status, if you haven't attempted to get info yet, because it can change the whole picture of the processing of your application. As a gov report someone posted here some time ago, when it comes to NC you can be VERY unlucky once you are unlucky. There is no 100% certain way to expedite your NC processing but at least it gives you some idea what you might want to try, if unfortunately you find yourself stuck.

EB2 PERM 2006

I-140/485 10/2006
I-140 PP, AP 11/2006
FP 11/2006 & 3/2007
Minor FP 2/2007

Hey antonioa,

I thought you advocated going after namecheck early. Why the sudden change of heart?

man, those people who are contacting FL and congressman have been waiting in the whole GC mess for many years. so they have a case that were waiting for a long time.but in ur case, in total (perm and i485)u haven't been waiting for more than 8 months. so i think if u ask for help, u don't have a strong case. u have to show that u r suffering because of the delay. but for u, there is no delay overall. so my advice, don't contact anyone for now.

I haven't sent any letters yet and am not sure if I will soon. Just curious if I recall correctly you have sent letters to everybody already and looking at your file date on the 485 you are at best 2-3 weeks ahead of me. I know you got vibes that your namecheck has cleared. Do you now find that useless info, or something else happened?!

I haven't sent any letters yet and am not sure if I will soon. Just curious if I recall correctly you have sent letters to everybody already and looking at your file date on the 485 you are at best 2-3 weeks ahead of me. I know you got vibes that your namecheck has cleared. Do you now find that useless info, or something else happened?!

i have been in the GC process since october 2003, so i had a case when i wrote letters. but in your case you did pass in totol 8 months.

Doesn't matter when you started the GC process. What matters is how long has your namecheck been pending.

i know that but when u write ur letter , when u tell them u have been stuck in this GC journey for X years is different than saying u have been waiting in total just few months. this is my point.

Antonioa, you're giving misleading advice to I612. You wrote to anyone and everyone within 3 months of submitting your I-485, while in I612's case, it has been 7 months, but still you want him to act differently???? Can you spell "double standards"?

I612, if you're stuck in namecheck for over 6 months, you can definitely contact your Congressmen, etc. I contacted my Congressmen (House Representative and Senator) exactly 6 months after my namecheck was initiated, and I got favorable responses from both of them, within about 10 days. One Congressman requested FBI to "expeditiously process" my name check, while the second Congressman placed a "congressional inquiry" with the USCIS.

Like you, I also filed my I-485 in Oct 2006, and I contacted my Congessmen in the first week of May. So you can definitely start contacting Congressmen, FL, etc. right now, regarding your NC. Good luck!

i know that but when u write ur letter , when u tell them u have been stuck in this GC journey for X years is different than saying u have been waiting in total just few months. this is my point.

Hi Antonioa77 and others,

My fingerprints Code 1 were done on May 9 with no LUD or status update on phone update. Do I need to be concerned? Which agency is responsible for fingerprints - USCIS or FBI? Do you have a number where I can call and confirm if fingerprints have been recd.

Thanks

i have been in the GC process since october 2003, so i had a case when i wrote letters. but in your case you did pass in totol 8 months.

If you really want to go back I have been in the GC process since 1987. Aged out thru parents (now USCs), then file lost, then atty died and file got denied due to not respnding to RFE/abandoned and the list goes on. Those days there was no website/LUD/forum and alike. Have been in this country since '98 and working and publishing since..... This is only the last attempt at it.

How do you request a LUD?

lfavrc,
LUD stands for "Last Update Date", which is the latest date when some action was taken on your case by USCIS personnel. There are times when your LUD changes due to internal USCIS system processing, but more often than not, an LUD is indicative that someone is reviewing your case for whatever purpose.
You cannot "request" an LUD. When you log into the USCIS case status online system and create a portfolio of cases for yourself, the case portfolio listing table has a column called "Last Update" and the cell corresponding to that column and case row is a date which is the last update date.
In other words, when folks report seeing LUDs on their case, that means that their Last Update date changed from some date in the past to a more current day (usually the same day for folks like me who religiously check the online case status every single day).

If you really want to go back I have been in the GC process since 1987. Aged out thru parents (now USCs), then file lost, then atty died and file got denied due to not respnding to RFE/abandoned and the list goes on. Those days there was no website/LUD/forum and alike. Have been in this country since '98 and working and publishing since..... This is only the last attempt at it.

Wow, sorry to hear that.
I612, like forrest_gump correctly stated, six months is the threshold when you should take proactive steps in chasing your AOS case. If your PD is current, then odds are that you're stuck in name check. The USCIS published goal is six months for AOS cases, and the FBI states that they process a majority of name checks within six months. Therefore the 6 month mark is a good time to start sending out letters. I've been stuck in name check for 13 months now, with a lot of folks stuck for substantially longer, so getting on it sooner than later would be in your best interest. As far as having a legitimate "case" goes, as rollingstone pointed out, is 6 months.

thanks for the answer. I did not know that I can create a "portfolio" for the case. The only thing I need is the SRC number, right?

lfavrc,
LUD stands for "Last Update Date", which is the latest date when some action was taken on your case by USCIS personnel. There are times when your LUD changes due to internal USCIS system processing, but more often than not, an LUD is indicative that someone is reviewing your case for whatever purpose.
You cannot "request" an LUD. When you log into the USCIS case status online system and create a portfolio of cases for yourself, the case portfolio listing table has a column called "Last Update" and the cell corresponding to that column and case row is a date which is the last update date.
In other words, when folks report seeing LUDs on their case, that means that their Last Update date changed from some date in the past to a more current day (usually the same day for folks like me who religiously check the online case status every single day).

thanks for the answer. I did not know that I can create a "portfolio" for the case. The only thing I need is the SRC number, right?

Yup. Its quite neat.

a. Go to https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp
b. Create an account for yourself. Select the type of account as "applicant customer".
c. Once you create an account, log in using the Customer option in the drop down list.
d. Create a portfolio and start adding case(s) to the portfolio using the receipt number, in your case, the SRC number.
e. Select the checkbox as appropriate if you wish to receive email notifications about any action on your case...NOTE: you will NOT get email for any LUDs...only for any action enacted on your case, such as approval, RFE issuance, transfers, etc etc.

Post if you have any further questions. Good luck.
Regards
k

Security Clearance

Hi Guys.

Will greatly help if someone can give advice on my case. My I-485 has been pending since Oct, 2005. In January this year I called TSC and was told that name check was cleared but FP had expired. In March I got 2nd FP done. Today I was told by TSC that my security clearance has not been received.

I would like to know if security clearance links to FP or name check ? I am trying to find out of the TSC mis-informed me that my name check was cleared ?

name check

I made an Freedom of Information Request to FBI based on suggestions from this forum April, 2007. I got a response from FBI last week, informing me that there is no record that match my request. What does this mean? Thank you!

140/485-f/d 10/5/06
name check initiated around Oct. 2006 based on my conversation with the USCIS representative over the phone last year.

How many stuck in 'Administratvie Background Check'?

stop being astonished. yes there are checks other than FBI namecheck. the other one is IBIS and is done inside USCIS, in the majority of the cases the fbi namecheck is the biggest hurdle to pass. fingerprints is nto backlogged at all. they get the results in same day. IBIS is also going smoothly for majority of cases.

in summary, if you clear the fbi namecheck, u r almost there. other checks are not that big of a problem compared to namecheck.

good luck.

I am wondering the number of people stuck in the so-called crap 'Administrative Background Check'. I guess there would be many. Since lots of people, just like me, don't know the difference between them in the first place. When they were informed by USCIS that stuck in the 'security check' and took for granted that was FBI Name Check. USCIS just takes advantage of that ambiguous name to push our case off further. I bet the purpose is to keep 6 months processing promise.