TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Told the guy that my case has been out of the processing time and I haven't seen any update in the past 180 days.

He said that he will put in one and I should receive the decision within the next 45 days. It may be shorter than that.

Anyone has any similar experience? How long does it take for you to get yours?

Hope this time they are correct - good Luck

They told me same in jan and also sent a letter that i will hear in 45 days

nothing yet and i have opened another enquiry after I passed 90 days

Contradictory information about name check

Hi all,

I am not sure any body experienced same problem before. I went to Infopass 2 weeks ago and I was told that I was “fortunate enough” (quote the officer) that my name check has been cleared and I can expect adjudication. I let my attorney send email inquiry to TSC and so far no response.

However, today I called TSC using POJ and a lady told me that my case is still pending security check. Confused…

Anyway, I will have another Infopass next week.

Dear fellows, what precise question should I ask the officer? “name check”, “security check” “background check”… And if the officer affirms that everything is cleared, what action I can request INS to take next step? Can I ask the office at Infopass to send some kind of inquiry to TSC?

BTW, I filed 140 and 485 to TSC on 09/20/06 and 140 has been approved. No LUD after notice at all.

thanks,

Hi all,

I am not sure any body experienced same problem before. I went to Infopass 2 weeks ago and I was told that I was “fortunate enough” (quote the officer) that my name check has been cleared and I can expect adjudication. I let my attorney send email inquiry to TSC and so far no response.

However, today I called TSC using POJ and a lady told me that my case is still pending security check. Confused…

Anyway, I will have another Infopass next week.

Dear fellows, what precise question should I ask the officer? “name check”, “security check” “background check”… And if the officer affirms that everything is cleared, what action I can request INS to take next step? Can I ask the office at Infopass to send some kind of inquiry to TSC?

BTW, I filed 140 and 485 to TSC on 09/20/06 and 140 has been approved. No LUD after notice at all.

thanks,

I have had the exact same problem. I have asked about my name check 3 times (twice on the phone with a TSC rep and once at an Infopass appointment) and all 3 times, they rep said that my name check has been cleared. However, on my last call, the TSC rep said that my case was pending "security checks" and that these were from the service center. Who knows what's going on and how many checks they have applications go through. My theory is that my security check has something to do with my NSEERS status (and that this is also why my I-140 has gone nowhere since receipt). Are you an NSEERS registrant, by any chance?

My understanding is that a if namecheck is done, that's not the end of security checks. If they find anything derogatory (even if it's a false positive) they will send the results to USCIS. CIS will then contact the concerned agency to obtain more information. This process can again take a long time. This might explain why for some people namecheck cleared a long time ago but still haven't got approval.
Just a theory..

Assuming your theory is true...

... I wonder what kinda thing they could possibly find derogatory about the people who've even gotten their NC/FP cleared. Any idea (or guess)?

My understanding is that a if namecheck is done, that's not the end of security checks. If they find anything derogatory (even if it's a false positive) they will send the results to USCIS. CIS will then contact the concerned agency to obtain more information. This process can again take a long time. This might explain why for some people namecheck cleared a long time ago but still haven't got approval.
Just a theory..

... I wonder what kinda thing they could possibly find derogatory about the people who've even gotten their NC/FP cleared. Any idea (or guess)?

One trigger is very likely NSEERS status. If you're from one of the countries that results in you getting a security check every time you apply for a visa at a US consulate abroad, and you have to go through secondary inspection every time you enter and leave the country, I guess it is one thing that also affects USCIS applications. It's a guess, but I think it is a pretty good one, considering all my other applications have been delayed, and many people on this board who have had to go through NSEERS have had what should be simple applications like EADs and AP take several months to get approved.

well well

I have been confirmed twice on the phone that name check is clear....:mad: :mad: but no LUD since 10/21/06.

did ur namecheck clear? if not then they will tell u wait for 6 months and call us back. otherwise u will get an apporval soon.

Reading around the forums....

... it does sound like the NSEERS status is one big (biggest?) factor there, as quite a few NSEERS guys are still kept waiting even after their NC is cleared. However, the spouse and I are not from a NSEERS country. And NC cleared for both. Yet one gets GC approved, whereas the other still pending, which makes me wonder what holds her if the CIS-security-check theory is true (from your talk with TSC, I have to believe it is true) and if it indeed is the culprit.

Well duh, you never know what the he!! is going on inside the CIS! The next processing time update, then her case will most certainly be out of it. Then we'll inquire. We'll see. I'll report here.

One trigger is very likely NSEERS status. If you're from one of the countries that results in you getting a security check every time you apply for a visa at a US consulate abroad, and you have to go through secondary inspection every time you enter and leave the country, I guess it is one thing that also affects USCIS applications. It's a guess, but I think it is a pretty good one, considering all my other applications have been delayed, and many people on this board who have had to go through NSEERS have had what should be simple applications like EADs and AP take several months to get approved.

I got a mail from CRIS saying the approval notice has been sent. I will only believe them after I get the GC in my hand.

I am from China, not NSEERS.

Seems what I can do next is to find out whether there are 2 types of check (FBI and USCIS). And if that is the case, what is the clearance status accordingly.

thanks!

I have had the exact same problem. I have asked about my name check 3 times (twice on the phone with a TSC rep and once at an Infopass appointment) and all 3 times, they rep said that my name check has been cleared. However, on my last call, the TSC rep said that my case was pending "security checks" and that these were from the service center. Who knows what's going on and how many checks they have applications go through. My theory is that my security check has something to do with my NSEERS status (and that this is also why my I-140 has gone nowhere since receipt). Are you an NSEERS registrant, by any chance?

officially background checking pending

My Senator from Florida forwarded Fax message from TSC saying that my case is pending due to background check it seems
today i got the mail from Senator
I sent mail to Senator 2 months back regarding my sitaution, he sent mail to TSC regarding my 485 status

officially background checking pending
dont know when my case will clear from background namecheck:confused: :confused: :confused:

I-485 Approval

Guys,
First keep up the good work. Could someone tell me when my I-485 will get approved. Here is my info:

Applied at VSC and Transferred to TSC on March 15th 2007
Category: EB-3 India
LC Approval: May 2003

As per the June Visa Bulletin it looks like they are processing 01-JUN-2003. Can i expect an approval anytime soon now? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

Guys,
First keep up the good work. Could someone tell me when my I-485 will get approved. Here is my info:

Applied at VSC and Transferred to TSC on March 15th 2007
Category: EB-3 India
LC Approval: May 2003

As per the June Visa Bulletin it looks like they are processing 01-JUN-2003. Can i expect an approval anytime soon now? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

give your PD

See? She wasn't kidding :) You did run into a nice CIS officer the other day. There is nothing to worry about now, the worst is that they will ask you to do another FP. Other than that, just wait for the piece of plastic to appear in your mail box. Congratulations!

I got a mail from CRIS saying the approval notice has been sent. I will only believe them after I get the GC in my hand.

Hi Everyone:
I was wondering if anyone can help me clear my anxiety over a new LUD.
I saw a new LUD (5/8/2007) for my I-485 case. The problem is there were no new LUD before. Since I file my I-485 in Oct.06, my LUD has been 11/2/2006 for a long time until I checked the website on 5/14/07. I'm surprise that I have a new LUD. What could this mean? Does anyone else ever experience this?
Thanks in advance for the reply.