I140 RFE: Dec 2005
I140 approved: Feb 2006
I485/EAD/AP filed: March 2006
EAD/AP approved:April 2006
Inquiry I485 Oct 2006, March 2007 : Reply stuck in name check
2nd EAD approved: Feb 2007
I485 approval email : April 24th 2007
Card mailed e-mail: April 25th 2007

Yeah, there are a few recent approvals, sporadically...

... but it doesn't seem to be anything like this February's "Wow, TSC rocks!" sorta momentum. Given this delay of the processing date update, looks like they are flooded with application inflow both from VSC/CSC and BEC, and they are now like system-error -> frozen -> reboot -> system-error -> frozen -> reboot (repeat).

Spouse case is outside the processing date now (NC cleared quite a while ago, per infopass). We'll give it a few more weeks and then go to our Senator.

See my sig. There were a few recent 2005 approvals from NSC too. Maybe the FBI's clearing out the 2005 backlog?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!

PD 2001... that was a long journey for sure. You deserve it friend. Enjoy the new life.

Finally after more than 6 years I got the green card. Here are my details

Labor filed : March 26, 2001 (EB2) at TSC
Labor approved: October 2005
I140 Filed: Nov 2005

I would totally be willing to pay them a big fee like $5K to buy certainties and freedom in this country. Guess I need to wait a bit and if I'm not lucky enough to avoid the NC in next a couple of months, I'll be sending a similar letter to the ombudsman's office.

This draft is posted ONLY for those who share the same ideas, and willing to sacrifice their privacy to help all background check victims---

"Respected Ombudsman:

From reading your annual report, we found that you are
well aware of the name check backlog issue at FBI,
which have seriously hurt many lawful immigrants'
confidence in the government's fairness and
efficiency.

As "victims" of the "infamous" FBI name check process,
we are willing to pay $5000 (this number is eye-catching, you may not want to be sepcific on the $) if they can expedite the
name check. Please note that we are NOT seeking a
favorable decision, but a fair one, just in
reasonable time. We are certain there are other
applicants who share the same thoughts. Then why not
allow a premium service for name check at FBI, it is a
paid for service anyway. This will creat additional,
maybe substantial, revenue for the FBI name check
division, which in turn will make the whole system
more efficient and accountable.

What bothers us is that everyone knows it is a
problem, but no one brings up a solution to this
problem, for so long.

Thank you for your consideration."

Good luck!

congratulations! which country are you from?

China or India? and how long took TSC to approve your 2nd EAD?

Finally after more than 6 years I got the green card. Here are my details

Labor filed : March 26, 2001 (EB2) at TSC
Labor approved: October 2005
I140 Filed: Nov 2005

That's what I wanted to say.....

We used to have some bursts of approvals periodically (like the last one on Feb.), but we haven't had another for the last two months. As other guys here mentioned, TSC might have been flooded by transfer cases from VSC/CSC.

... but it doesn't seem to be anything like this February's "Wow, TSC rocks!" sorta momentum. Given this delay of the processing date update, looks like they are flooded with application inflow both from VSC/CSC and BEC, and they are now like system-error -> frozen -> reboot -> system-error -> frozen -> reboot (repeat).

Spouse case is outside the processing date now (NC cleared quite a while ago, per infopass). We'll give it a few more weeks and then go to our Senator.

BTW KC, have you ever asked TSC if your NC has been cleared? Your answer will be helpful since we have very close RD/ND on 485.

Hi bass,
Nope, I know that I've been stuck in name check since April 2006. My wife got her name check results cleared in less than a month. I got this information via a couple of Infopass appointments, the VSC using POJ, my congresswoman's office, my senator's office, and most recently from the TSC using POJ.
Case details as below:

Username: ks_cc
Cross Chargeability Thread: http://boards.immigrationportal.com/...d.php?t=189753

Vermont Service Center : EB2 - World (Cross Chargeability Rule)

I-140 RD/ND: March 10 2006
I-140 AD: May 09 2006
I-485 RD: March 23 2006
I-485 ND: April 7 2006 (Application improperly sent back when mailroom ignored Cross Chargeability during concurrent filing)
Biometrics (Code 3): April 23 2006

EAD(1)/AP(1) RD: April 7 2006
EAD(1)/AP(1) AD: May 15 2006

EAD(2)/AP(2) RD: Jan 17 2007
EAD(2)/AP(2) AD: Feb 16 2007/Feb 18 2007

FBI Name Check Request Sent: April 2006
FBI Name Check Status [SELF]: PENDING (as of April 2007)
FBI Name Check Status [SPOUSE]: Cleared

VSC Transferred to TSC: 03/15/2007
LUD Post Transfer: 03/15/2007, 03/16/2007

FYI:

I contacted TSC using POJ method. An extremely nasty woman answered my call. She refused to answer the question as to whether my name check has cleared. She kept on repeating that I should contact FBI regarding this.

Why can't they at least hire some decent, competent people?

I485 approval...

Finally i got the magic email that mine and my wife's I485 got approved...
This forum was very helpful.. Thanks for all your help... keep ur hopes up...
If possible contact your congressman/senator... it worked for me... i know it depends on your local congressman...

Good luck to all...

******HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE TO GET THE APPROVAL NOTICE MY MAIL AND THE CARDS SENT E-MAIL?

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On April 25, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS.
Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should have asked differently ?

FYI:

I contacted TSC using POJ method. An extremely nasty woman answered my call. She refused to answer the question as to whether my name check has cleared. She kept on repeating that I should contact FBI regarding this.

For eg. "Has USCIS got response from FBI regarding security check ?"

If possible contact your congressman/senator... it worked for me... i know it depends on your local congressman...

Good luck to all...

******HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE TO GET THE APPROVAL NOTICE MY MAIL AND THE CARDS SENT E-MAIL?

socialmix, Heartiest congratulations on your approval! My RD/ND is about a week before yours, so this gives me some hope. Unlike you however, I haven't seen any LUDs on my case...well, besides the one on 3/15 and 3/16 regarding case transfer from the VSC to the TSC.
You should see another email about the Card Production Ordered status within the next couple of days, and most likely land the actual cards within a week or two...at least thats the pattern I've seen.
Congratulations again and good luck!

FYI:

american_in_usa,
Its too bad that you ended up speaking to an unhelpful person.
Thing is, the service center officers are under instructions not to divulge case status information, especially name check related information, to applicants over the phone. More often than not, individuals do obtain this information because they've been lucky enough to reach an empathetic officer. Your best bet is to either try calling at a different time, or if you want to be completely certain, make an Infopass appointment and asking an officer at the ASC about your name check.
Lastly, her comment about contacting the FBI was not only misleading, but completely ludicrous. The FBI does not entertain calls from applicants regarding name check, nor are their phone numbers published (at least not easily accessible). The FBI web site clearly states that applicants should follow up with requesting agencies (such as USCIS) to know what their name check status is. So, not only was she rude, but unfortunately she apparently doesn't know the aforementioned.

Congratulations!!!

When did you receive you emails?

Also when did you contact your congressman/senator and what was thier response?

Thank you and congratulations once again.

Good luck to all...

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On April 25, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS.
Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Good luck to all...

congrats, why u contacted ur senator ? for namecheck or for what? what about ur namecheck, when was it cleared and how?

Congratulations!!!

When did you receive you emails?

Also when did you contact your congressman/senator and what was thier response?

Thank you and congratulations once again.

On 25th i got the emails about the approvals...

I contacted my congressman on january 22nd and they sent a letter to FBI on jan 26th... t that time they told m e that they cannot request FBI for Name check expedition. But, they will do whatever they can to get a fair outcome.. that means a lot...

On 25th i got the emails about the approvals...

I contacted my congressman on january 22nd and they sent a letter to FBI on jan 26th... t that time they told m e that they cannot request FBI for Name check expedition. But, they will do whatever they can to get a fair outcome.. that means a lot...

and what was the fbi reply to ur senator congressman? what was the outcome? and when u heard back from fbi?

Thanks ks_cc.

I did have an infopass appointment about a month ago, and I had a very helpful gentleman, who told me about the pending namecheck.

This time, I thought I'll save some time by calling TSC instead of driving to USCIS office. Now, I'll have to seek an infopass appointment next week.

I'll also start contacting Congressmen.

Was hoping to have this resolved without involving the FL or any Congressman.

american_in_usa,
Its too bad that you ended up speaking to an unhelpful person.
Thing is, the service center officers are under instructions not to divulge case status information, especially name check related information, to applicants over the phone. More often than not, individuals do obtain this information because they've been lucky enough to reach an empathetic officer. Your best bet is to either try calling at a different time, or if you want to be completely certain, make an Infopass appointment and asking an officer at the ASC about your name check.
Lastly, her comment about contacting the FBI was not only misleading, but completely ludicrous. The FBI does not entertain calls from applicants regarding name check, nor are their phone numbers published (at least not easily accessible). The FBI web site clearly states that applicants should follow up with requesting agencies (such as USCIS) to know what their name check status is. So, not only was she rude, but unfortunately she apparently doesn't know the aforementioned.

Congratulations!!!! That's great news!!

Enjoy your freedom!

Good luck to all...