TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

That is the misery. Putting togather FP and NC data, they can identify smeone easily but they want to have two different isolated processes.

Namecheck is really a broken process, specially with so many name matches for first and last names like, smith, hussain, mohammed, lu, cooper, syed, kumar, khanna, sardar, etc.

It only cause unfair delays in case processing times and an overburdan on FBI resources which can be diverted to do some real work.

Also, if one is a bad guy, why to keep him in the US for years and why not to immediately kick him out of this country?

I think they definitely have different purposes. FBI website may have more information.

looks like ur case is preadjudicated and ur NC is cleared, so u must get ur green within few days. it takes around 3 to 4 weeks from ur NC clearqnce to get updated in USCIS system. so by now ur NC should have been updated and u should get something soon.

Message!

Due to the re-organization of the USCIS service centers beginning on April 2, 2007, I-485 applications are being transferred from the California Service Center to Nebraska Service Center, and from the Vermont Service Center to the Texas Service Center. This includes cases that are subject to visa retrogression and security/background checks. Transfer notices will be sent and the USCIS online system will be updated when a transfer occurs. Transferred cases will be processed based upon the original filing date and not the date of the transfer. Since they are transferring more applications, expectations are for an increase in processing time.

Source: http://www.trackitt.com/immigration-news/

Last edited by a moderator:
They should have some more checks. Brain scan check, DNA check, iris check, body odor check, polygraph check, cavity check. After all we're immigrants. We'll take any shit they'll throw at us.

Name check and FP are two complete different things. My NC initiated on July 25, but I did FP on Aug 4.

me, too:stuck on the background check

i got mail from USCIS regarding my case status enquiry which i did in march 1st week

The processing of your case has been delayed . A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision as the required investigation into your background remains open
until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case. these background check are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a desicion on this case as soon as the background checks are completed. if you donot receive a decision or other notice of action from us withus 6 months of this letter , polease contact us by calling our customer service number provided below

so i am stuck in namecheck now

I initiated the inquiry on 3/5 and the dated letter is 4/2. I got the same message as you.:mad:

Kikukiku, did you have any LUD for your I-485 after it has been preadjudicated?

I received a letter from USCIS today after I file an enquiry as my case is out of the processing time. The letter says it needs more time and they need 6 months to study my case...:(

I also called the USCIS and managed to talk to the immigration officer instead of the usual receptionist at the caller center. He confirmed that my name check was initiated on 10 August 2006 and still not been cleared! So, this confirmed that I am now stuck in the name check process!

The only good thing from today's call is that my case has been pre-adjudicated and only waiting for FBI to clear my name check. Hmmm...

How did you reach the nice officer?

I received a letter from USCIS today after I file an enquiry as my case is out of the processing time. The letter says it needs more time and they need 6 months to study my case...:(

I also called the USCIS and managed to talk to the immigration officer instead of the usual receptionist at the caller center. He confirmed that my name check was initiated on 10 August 2006 and still not been cleared! So, this confirmed that I am now stuck in the name check process!

The only good thing from today's call is that my case has been pre-adjudicated and only waiting for FBI to clear my name check. Hmmm...

Hi,
Would you please share with us how you managed to talk to the immigration officer? Did you use the POJ and what's the last option you choose?
Did you choose "my case is outside the processing date" or " I applied for several applications"? I know if I choose the former, it will lead to national service center. If I choose the later, it will lead to TSC but usually they are very rude and either told you you choose the wrong option or refuse to tell you anything. How did you get to speak to a nice officer?
Please share with us. Thanks a lot!!

Only 1% stuck in name check for more than 6 months ?

That is according to some security agency. But, many of the folks i bump into ( whether my office mates, neighbours - mostly from India ) have namecheck pending more than 6 months.

Infopass today in Tampa, They doesnt know anything

i took inforpass today and i spoke to immigration officer, He didnt provide correct information

He told me that Background check was initiated twice it seems, they are waiting for FBI to send information.

question 1. My case is beyond processing time, can you let me know know about the case status
Answer : We are waiting from FBI regarding background check clearance

question2 : can i know on which date my name check was initiated
Answer : i cannot tell you as i dont have that information here about the dates , but they initiated twice on your case

question3 . i saw LUDs chaged 2 days Feb 13,14, why?
Answer : Texas people are looking into it and my office here dont have any other information, you have to call Texas service people or your attorney has to call them about your status query

question4. Why FBI initiated 2 times, as per my knowledge, we suppose to have namecheck only once
answer : i dont have any idea, some people are waiting from 2001 to clear their namecheck from FBI

question5. what about my wife's case status, i gave my wife 485 receipt
answer : your wife case is also in background check pending from FBI

i dont know what's happening, depressed , Why they initiate 2 times my namecheck to FBI

i have my previous 485 case rejected due to employers fraud(applied in 2004, rejected in 2005) and applied with another labor in July 2006

I am not sure if this will work or not. But, my spouse travelled to NM for an interview and in the airport he was asked to give visa papers and passport. Since he was not carrying passport and visa, they had asked him to wait at the airport because they need to do security checks. After three hours (He missed his flight already) they said he is good. This happened in Nov '06 time frame. We filed concurrently in Jul '06 and in our infopass appointment in Mar '07, the immi officer told that my spouse's namecheck is cleared but mine is pending. I am also thinking of traveling to NM or some border state without passport and visa and just with Drivers licence, so, they will automatically do security checks and my background check also would be cleared :). Just kidding. But, I definitely think there is some relation between these two checks.

I am not sure if this will work or not. But, my spouse travelled to NM for an interview and in the airport he was asked to give visa papers and passport. Since he was not carrying passport and visa, they had asked him to wait at the airport because they need to do security checks. After three hours (He missed his flight already) they said he is good. This happened in Nov '06 time frame. We filed concurrently in Jul '06 and in our infopass appointment in Mar '07, the immi officer told that my spouse's namecheck is cleared but mine is pending. I am also thinking of traveling to NM or some border state without passport and visa and just with Drivers licence, so, they will automatically do security checks and my background check also would be cleared :). Just kidding. But, I definitely think there is some relation between these two checks.

Was the security check completed by the airport security folks? If it was I seriously doubt that had anything to do with with the FBI name check program. (I have gone through a security check at three airports in the last 12 months so that I can complete some projects for those airports.. I am still waiting for my name check to be completed.)

I called TSC about my pending I-485 through POJ technique about 3 weeks ago and i got a responce that my case is ready to be assigned to someone I asked about clearance she said its clear. I called back last week and talked again this time rep. said it is pending I asked her ,what about my name check she said hold on and then after 30 sec she said that everything looks clear you should hear something in 45 days... ...Now can I assume my name check is clear or they just say and what is this second background check thing zzz is talking about , can someone explain.

Perm EB2 .----- 06/09/06
I-140 RD---08/20/06
I-140 AD---10/15/06
I-485 RD--- 11/10//06..pending

I called TSC about my pending I-485 through POJ technique about 3 weeks ago and i got a responce that my case is ready to be assigned to someone I asked about clearance she said its clear. I called back last week and talked again this time rep. said it is pending I asked her ,what about my name check she said hold on and then after 30 sec she said that everything looks clear you should hear something in 45 days... ...Now can I assume my name check is clear or they just say and what is this second background check thing zzz is talking about , can someone explain.

I've got the same exact response. I think it's a bunch of BS. They just don't want you to call them for at least 45 days. They tell us whatever they can to make us happy :)

Help! EAD renewal mailing question

I apologize - this is an EAD mailing question, but since some of you may have experience with this I'm posting it here.

I sent my EAD renewal day before yesterday by USPS Priority Mail to Texas Service Center.

Today I track it on USPS.com and it says they tried to deliver it but could not. They have left a notice and will attempt to redeliver. This was at 11:12 am Central today.

I'm a little worried. Do they not accept mails during working hrs?

I apologize - this is an EAD mailing question, but since some of you may have experience with this I'm posting it here.

I sent my EAD renewal day before yesterday by USPS Priority Mail to Texas Service Center.

Today I track it on USPS.com and it says they tried to deliver it but could not. They have left a notice and will attempt to redeliver. This was at 11:12 am Central today.

I saw a similar message for my EAD. But, it got delivered next day @ 5am. Weird.

Don't worry!

It is normal. Mine is the same. After one day, the status changed to delivered.

don't worry imcdude. your package will be delivered at 5-5.30 AM which is weird. it happened to me. my package was delivered at 5.09 am.