TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

I am on my 8th H1 while I am waiting for my I485 approval. I am thinking to use my EAD card now. Compare to holding my H1, what is the risk if I start to use EAD and stop my H1?

Risk is if your I-485 gets rejected for some reason, you have to leave the country immediately.

Hi Ks_cc,

I am part of the "first half of 2006" crowd. My wife and I filed for i-485 in January 2006. USCIS confirmed that our names were submitted to the FBI on January 30, 2006. My wife's name has been cleared. My name has been stuck in namecheck since then.

Ditto...and since we're the primaries, neither case can be adjudicated.

If you look at last few TSC approvals, they're all late 2006, early 2007 timeframe. These are the people who did not get stuck in namecheck. My guess is those who are still waiting from Jun, Jul or earlier are probably stuck in the manual check process - the one that takes years to complete...

Hi Ks_cc,

I am part of the "first half of 2006" crowd. My wife and I filed for i-485 in January 2006. USCIS confirmed that our names were submitted to the FBI on January 30, 2006. My wife's name has been cleared. My name has been stuck in namecheck since then.

NameCheck ...

I have contacted my local congressman about my Name Check in last week of January'2007 and they sent a letter to FBI. Last week i got a letter from congressman's offices along with a e-mail (printout) copy that my Name check is completed and sent to USCIS on 03/19.

I called the Customer support about my wife's 2nd EAD and I485, the customer rep was very nice and she checked the records for some time and told me that "you may hear something soon from the USCIS" .. i am hoping it's POSITIVE ...

Don't loose the hope ... contact your Congressman/senator. It worked for me 3 times so far ... first, on my LC, secondly on my wife's VISA in chennai consulate, third time with my Name check...

so ur congressman just opened an inquiry with FBI or they promissed u to clear the namecheck back in janurary? when exactly in january they opened the inquiry?

I filed an inquiry (through phone) early March after my case past the processing time frame posted on the USCIS website. I was asked to wait for 45 days and I should hear from them by then. However, I yet to hear anything and there is no LUD for my I-485. What should I do????? :confused:

namecheck

so ur congressman just opened an inquiry with FBI or they promissed u to clear the namecheck back in janurary? when exactly in january they opened the inquiry?

When i contacted the congressnman they told me that they cannot ask FBI for expedition of Name check but, they will try whatever they can to get a acceptable outcome. that means a BIG YES ....

Officer Peace

I've called USCIS today, and a lady answered the phone. From her voice I've realized at the beginning I cannot get any information out of her :) She didn't sound really helpful, she was more like bored.

I've already requested a inquiry last week, so I just wanted to double check, and request it again or see it really went through, because when I requested it I talked to a USCIS guy not TSC.

So I've asked her to initiate a inquiry. She said she cannot do that, but she can tell me on the phone the status. I was confused and told her I want to initiate the regular inquiry which will result in a mail from USCIS.

During this conversation I told her I want this inquiry because every time I call USCIS and talk with a agent I get different information. She responded that she is not a agent, she is a "officer of the government: :), and Her name is officer Peace, and I have to address her as officer Peace.
Than I asked her: "Do you approve cases or you answer the phone?", she responded "Yes" :)
And I asked yes what? Her response was: "I'm working on cases and answer the phone".
This was just another waste of 30 minutes calling USCIS, but at least it was funny.
So next time if you call USCIS and officer Peace answers the phone, call her officer Peace or your case will be rejected.

I've called USCIS today, and a lady answered the phone. From her voice I've realized at the beginning I cannot get any information out of her :) She didn't sound really helpful, she was more like bored.

I've already requested a inquiry last week, so I just wanted to double check, and request it again or see it really went through, because when I requested it I talked to a USCIS guy not TSC.

So I've asked her to initiate a inquiry. She said she cannot do that, but she can tell me on the phone the status. I was confused and told her I want to initiate the regular inquiry which will result in a mail from USCIS.

During this conversation I told her I want this inquiry because every time I call USCIS and talk with a agent I get different information. She responded that she is not a agent, she is a "officer of the government: :), and Her name is officer Peace, and I have to address her as officer Peace.
Than I asked her: "Do you approve cases or you answer the phone?", she responded "Yes" :)
And I asked yes what? Her response was: "I'm working on cases and answer the phone".
This was just another waste of 30 minutes calling USCIS, but at least it was funny.
So next time if you call USCIS and officer Peace answers the phone, call her officer Peace or your case will be rejected.

can you please add ur signature like i have? it will make it easy for people to understand your case. thanks.

Than I asked her: "Do you approve cases or you answer the phone?", she responded "Yes" :)...

Ha! Ha! This is hilarious!!!!. It's like at the supermarket, when you're asked: "Paper or Plastic" and then just replying "Yes".
That is typical of the National Customer Service Center. They're NOT USCIS employees. They're private contractors. They know nothing and have no access to useful information (they typically just read the information from the online status) they are placed there only to keep people from the service centers where the actual immigration officers work. To get knowledgeable people use the POJ technique... this way you actually reach the service center.

Ha! Ha! This is hilarious!!!!. It's like at the supermarket, when you're asked: "Paper or Plastic" and then just replying "Yes".
That is typical of the National Customer Service Center. They're NOT USCIS employees. They're private contractors. They know nothing and have no access to useful information (they typically just read the information from the online status) they are placed there only to keep people from the service centers where the actual immigration officers work. To get knowledgeable people use the POJ technique... this way you actually reach the service center.

Last time when I called regarding my wife's AP, the customer representative asked me on what visa she is on. I said H4. He was not aware of what is H4. Then I said she is on dependednt visa H4 and I am on H1B. Then again he was asking if she is on work visa? I got frustrated. Finally he couldn't even open an email case. He said the system is down and I should use the online application to update my address for AP. Don't expect anything useful from customer rep calls.

I received a letter from USCIS today after I file an enquiry as my case is out of the processing time. The letter says it needs more time and they need 6 months to study my case...:(

I also called the USCIS and managed to talk to the immigration officer instead of the usual receptionist at the caller center. He confirmed that my name check was initiated on 10 August 2006 and still not been cleared! So, this confirmed that I am now stuck in the name check process!

The only good thing from today's call is that my case has been pre-adjudicated and only waiting for FBI to clear my name check. Hmmm...

I received a letter from USCIS today after I file an enquiry as my case is out of the processing time. The letter says it needs more time and they need 6 months to study my case...:(

I also called the USCIS and managed to talk to the immigration officer instead of the usual receptionist at the caller center. He confirmed that my name check was initiated on 10 August 2006 and still not been cleared! So, this confirmed that I am now stuck in the name check process!

The only good thing from today's call is that my case has been pre-adjudicated and only waiting for FBI to clear my name check. Hmmm...

Can you let us know in detail, in your signature it mentioned that you did FP on 8/15/06 and how can your namecheck initiated on 8/10/06

it will initiate once we give our FP
is anything i am missing???

Can you let us know in detail, in your signature it mentioned that you did FP on 8/15/06 and how can your namecheck initiated on 8/10/06

Well, actually all the while, I was thinking the name check initiated after the FP was done. However, today, the office told me that my NC was shown being initiated on 10 Aug in the system....

I 485 Rfe

Got an email about RFE for I 485 :confused: Didnt anticipate any issues with my I 485. Any ideas on the kinds of I 485 RFEs from TSC recently. Tried to call TSC but they could not tell what the RFE - guess another wait game begins

Name check and FP are two complete different things. My NC initiated on July 25, but I did FP on Aug 4.

Got an email about RFE for I 485 :confused: Didnt anticipate any issues with my I 485. Any ideas on the kinds of I 485 RFEs from TSC recently. Tried to call TSC but they could not tell what the RFE - guess another wait game begins

Did you move since filing your I-485? If so, they might be asking for proof that you are in the same or similar field.

Also, I've read other posters saying they get RFEs to show they are still with the same employer. Since yours has been pending since June of 2006 this could be the case. Another possibility is that you might have left some document out when you filed. Regardless, when you do get the RFE, let us know, OK?