TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

I don't believe so (the other way around, on the other hand, is another story). However, I think if she ditches I-485 and goes back to her home country, that would make it difficult, if not impossible, for her to visit her husband in the U.S.

I wonder if she just cannot switch to CP and waits for it to become current while she is staying in her country. Is that not technically possible, I wonder? Then the couple can think about what to do next when they get it approved. Keep options open, rather than ditch it altogether, because there might be some change of mind or like on her part in the future.

Now I don't know about the details how the couple should proceed to do that. Hopefully someone with similar experiences will chime in... or ask your attorney as needed.

Say, husband ( primary applicant ) wants to continue I-485 processing, where
as wife (derivative applicant ) wants to ditch I-485 and return to country of orgin. Will this affect the primary applicant's I-485 application ?!
[ It is not a divorce :) ]

485 Approved!

Just thought to share the following details with you. I am from a retrogessed country. I submitted my I-485 application along with spouce application in January 2006. My application was approved in March 2006. In August 2006, when we checked on my wife status over the phone, we were told it was pending name check. We did not bother to write to any one since it was not making a real difference. And also we have been in this country for more than 8 years, and did not want to hurt the application unknowingly. With the help of advance parole, we were able to travel, and she was able to work on EAD. In December 2006, I saw a LUD. Again on March 6, 2007, I saw a LUD. Now yesterday (March 7, 2007), the status was "card production ordered". I assume since it has passed the one year mark, the name check was reviewed, and case got approved.
The reason I am sharing this details with you all is not to panic. Try writing to senators etc. But don't regret if does'nt work or you have bad experience. Either way it will get approved with time. Nothing to lose as both EAD and AP takes care of the need. Compared to the bureacracy we have seen in our country, we are blessed that the process here in US did not cost us much; and discrimiate us.

Just thought to share the following details with you. I am from a retrogessed country. I submitted my I-485 application along with spouce application in January 2006. My application was approved in March 2006. In August 2006, when we checked on my wife status over the phone, we were told it was pending name check. We did not bother to write to any one since it was not making a real difference. And also we have been in this country for more than 8 years, and did not want to hurt the application unknowingly. With the help of advance parole, we were able to travel, and she was able to work on EAD. In December 2006, I saw a LUD. Again on March 6, 2007, I saw a LUD. Now yesterday (March 7, 2007), the status was "card production ordered". I assume since it has passed the one year mark, the name check was reviewed, and case got approved.
The reason I am sharing this details with you all is not to panic. Try writing to senators etc. But don't regret if does'nt work or you have bad experience. Either way it will get approved with time. Nothing to lose as both EAD and AP takes care of the need. Compared to the bureacracy we have seen in our country, we are blessed that the process here in US did not cost us much; and discrimiate us.

Congratulations! That's good news and reassuring.

Say, husband ( primary applicant ) wants to continue I-485 processing, where
as wife (derivative applicant ) wants to ditch I-485 and return to country of orgin. Will this affect the primary applicant's I-485 application ?!
[ It is not a divorce :) ]

The derivative of any application (I-485, H4, J2......etc) can not adversly affect the application of the principal by anyway. If you withdraw, cancel, violate ....your status no effect on the principal's application.

My receive date is July 31st 2006 (EB2). Now Texas Service Center is processing applications of Sept 13th 2006 RD. A month back I initiated a querry over phone saying my application is currently outside the processing dates. On last 31st I got an LUD. My wife also got LUD on the same date after her finger prining, but that may not be related to my LUD. On 3/7/07, I got a letter from USCIS saying they regret to say that unfortunately the case is still within their processing window. What does it mean? Aren't they currently processing applications of RD Sept 13 2006? The letter was typed on 3/30/07 and my zip code is wrong on the letter.

as the joy continues...

I got an official response to my inquiry that I requested a month ago. It basically says we have been working on you application and we will let you know our decision as soon as we complete administrative background check (something along that line) or so on your papers. It didn't give any time like wait for 1 or 6 months like many of you have seen. It doesn't say things like don't bother us for another 6 months or so. I don't have the letter handy but that's basically what it says. There is no update on the status page but I have a feeling I will be out of the hell soon. At least I have a feeling...

ejon,
Did your LUD change?

I got an official response to my inquiry that I requested a month ago. It basically says we have been working on you application and we will let you know our decision as soon as we complete administrative background check (something along that line) or so on your papers. It didn't give any time like wait for 1 or 6 months like many of you have seen. It doesn't say things like don't bother us for another 6 months or so. I don't have the letter handy but that's basically what it says. There is no update on the status page but I have a feeling I will be out of the hell soon. At least I have a feeling...

Welcome to the club... I just got similar response (see couple of pages back in this thread).

rajkiran

Did you open a service request recently? Its possible that they were replying to that and hence the LUD.
I have seen LUDs on Saturdays (for I-140). I suspect they have some batch jobs that run on saturdays that update the case?

Hi All,

Today I checked the status of my application. The Last updated changed after 5 months but the updated date is Saturday.But, the status is the same. I do know that TSC only works monday - friday.How come i got an LUD on saturday??? Anybody had this problem earlier??? Is this good news....???

Please let me know. Thank you.Have a good one.

Raj

joy just keeps growing

No LUD on my case even after the official letter from USCIS. I think they are really working on the case else they could have sent a letter saying "Don't bother calling us for the next 6 months 'cause we know we'll not be done 'cause

1. we want you to keep you in hell
2. we want you to take anti stress medication
3. we don't want to admit we are inefficient
4. we need more money so you have to keep renewing your EAD
5. we take joy in making legal immigrants suffer
6. so and so

or uh your paper just got caught up in a blackhole called name check. There is nothing anyone can do."

so for now, joy grows and I keep waiting...

confirmation mail from USCIS that i'm stuck in namecheck

i got mail from USCIS regarding my case status enquiry which i did in march 1st week

The processing of your case has been delayed . A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision as the required investigation into your background remains open
until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case. these background check are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a desicion on this case as soon as the background checks are completed. if you donot receive a decision or other notice of action from us withus 6 months of this letter , polease contact us by calling our customer service number provided below

so i am stuck in namecheck now

Not sure what this means

May be nothing.

I filed an enquiry regarding my case in the second week of March. Havenot heard from them so far, nor have I seen any LUDs on my 485 application.

Today I was checking my portfolio and see an LUD (04/07/07) on the first H1-B application I ever filed.

Anyone know what this could mean.:confused: :confused:

Hi zzzz4zzzz,

You and me have pretty similar signature. My PD is Aug 2001 EB2 India
and my RD is June 2006. I had intiated inquiry in Feb and got the same
response as you got about background check.

Last week I filed EAD/AP extensions and got the receipt number.Keeping
my fingers crossed

Thanks
itraaz

Hi zzzz4zzzz,

You and me have pretty similar signature. My PD is Aug 2001 EB2 India
and my RD is June 2006. I had intiated inquiry in Feb and got the same
response as you got about background check.

Last week I filed EAD/AP extensions and got the receipt number.Keeping
my fingers crossed

Thanks
itraaz
when i have to apply for EAD/AP renewal ?
my EAD will expire in Aug 30, 07

my RD is July 2006
all the best

when i have to apply for EAD/AP renewal ?
my EAD will expire in Aug 30, 07

I would do it right now. In the past it was advisable to do it 90 days before expiry (i.e., May 30th for you), and if it didn't come through in time you could go to the local CIS office and get an interim EAD.

Well, it turns out they're not issuing interim EADs anymore, so if your application for a renewal EAD is pending when your current EAD expires you are screwed. According to information from trackitt.com some (but definitely not all) EAD applications are taking well beyond 90 days... so it would be wise to submit that application ASAP. Better be safe than sorry.

So, go ahead and and do it now, the worst that can happen is that your I-485 gets approved before your I-765 and you end up losing the application fee (this happened to me).

I would do it right now. In the past it was advisable to do it 90 days before expiry (i.e., May 30th for you), and if it didn't come through in time you could go to the local CIS office and get an interim EAD.

Well, it turns out they're not issuing interim EADs anymore, so if your application for a renewal EAD is pending when your current EAD expires you are screwed. According to information from trackitt.com some (but definitely not all) EAD applications are taking well beyond 90 days... so it would be wise to submit that application ASAP. Better be safe than sorry.

So, go ahead and and do it now, the worst that can happen is that your I-485 gets approved before your I-765 and you end up losing the application fee (this happened to me).

My wife EAD's expires on 12 August 2006. I assume, I have to file for her extension now too since I yet to hear anything from USCIS about my I-485.

My question is, assume I file her EAD extension now and get approves in 2 weeks. When would be the expiry date of her EAD? Would it be May 2008 of still remains as August 2008??

Thanks.

expiry date would be may 2008
(valid 1 year from date of approval)

My wife EAD's expires on 12 August 2006. I assume, I have to file for her extension now too since I yet to hear anything from USCIS about my I-485.

My question is, assume I file her EAD extension now and get approves in 2 weeks. When would be the expiry date of her EAD? Would it be May 2008 of still remains as August 2008??

Thanks.